+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I was referring to @YogeshGUSA and their situation. He has an ICT work permit (job offer) and his wife has an open permit. They were travelling together so his wife didn’t need authorization. If he had gone to Canada without her and she followed later then she would have needEd authorization. Plus I believe they were coming from the US but I may be wrong.
This makese sense. the whole thread on IRCC website specifically says to "Reunite", then authorization is required

however if the WP applicant and dependent spouse either with OWP or visitor visa is travlling together then getting an authorization letter is not required.

EvieFrye

Jul 20, 2020
We got a refusal yesterday saying,
  • you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
I do not understand. We applied for my husband's family and they are the extended family as grandparents. We just wrote visiting family as the purpose of travel. There is nowhere saying they have to justify this reason to be non-optional. I think anyone can apply for this authorization if the travel is non-optional reasons but the immediate and extended family can come with written authorization for any reason.

People who got approval, what did you write for the reason to travel? How did you get approved? It is really important for them to come here for a few months as I need to go back to working and I am studying as well and there is nobody to take care of my son. Please help!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
  • you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
I do not understand. We applied for my husband's family and they are the extended family as grandparents. We just wrote visiting family as the purpose of travel. There is nowhere saying they have to justify this reason to be non-optional. I think anyone can apply for this authorization if the travel is non-optional reasons but the immediate and extended family can come with written authorization for any reason.

People who got approval, what did you write for the reason to travel? How did you get approved? It is really important for them to come here for a few months as I need to go back to working and I am studying as well and there is nobody to take care of my son. Please help!
If you are PR or citizen are they not immediate family. They are not supposed to be seen as babysitting which is working.

EvieFrye

Jul 20, 2020
If you are PR or citizen are they not immediate family.
We are not Canadian or PR but my son is Canadian and they are grandparents so they are the extended family. In the refusal it just says the reason is not non-discretionary or non-optional. No other information.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We are not Canadian or PR but my son is Canadian and they are grandparents so they are the extended family. In the refusal it just says the reason is not non-discretionary or non-optional. No other information.
How old is your son? Their visit looks like they are coming to work & babysit your child.

EvieFrye

Jul 20, 2020
How old is your son? Their visit looks like they are coming to work & babysit your child.
He is 14 months old. But I don't understand why you said babysitting. They are coming to help me as I am working from home and also studying. All my courses are online and there is nobody to help me while I study or work from home. This is called family support in tough times not babysitting. They are willing to do that they are not after money. I can't see anything wrong with a few months of temporary help. They have come here before stayed 2 months and went back. Also they haven't seen their grandson for a long time and missed him dearly. So I am just asking what I should write to get the authorities understand me and approve their visit.

Manishson

Dec 18, 2020

Amazee1219

Aug 29, 2020
Hey guys. I have a question. I know that IRCC allows reuniting with the family in Canada but what about a person who has his set up there but is trapped in India?

I have been staying in Canada on my study permit and have a lease and everything. I am paying my rent and phone bills. I came to India and my TRV expired so I am stuck here. I have applied for my PGWP n TRV but no response. Can I ask IRCC to speed my process? As I am still paying my bills and everything and all this is creating a financial burden on me