+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

YogeshGUSA

Jul 31, 2020
Does tat mean that we can travel without authorization if that "Extended Family" travels along with us?
No it’s risky to travel without authorization and I have seen people on this forum who were denied boarding without authorization. I think we got lucky that they did not ask for authorization before travel.

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
You didn’t need authorization if you were travelling together, immediate family & one of you had a work permit.
But Immediate family member of Canadian PR and Citizen can only travel without Authorization. But not with wok permit/temporary worker right?

The Auto email stated the below:

This inbox is only for those who:
  1. Need to request a written authorization from the Government of Canada to reunite with
    1. an immediate family member residing in Canada who is NOT a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident, and who is travelling for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose; or
    2. an extended family member who is a Canadian citizen / Permanent Resident and who is travelling for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose;

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But Immediate family member of Canadian PR and Citizen can only travel without Authorization. But not with wok permit/temporary worker right?

The Auto email stated the below:

This inbox is only for those who:
  1. Need to request a written authorization from the Government of Canada to reunite with
    1. an immediate family member residing in Canada who is NOT a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident, and who is travelling for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose; or
    2. an extended family member who is a Canadian citizen / Permanent Resident and who is travelling for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose;
I was referring to @YogeshGUSA and their situation. He has an ICT work permit (job offer) and his wife has an open permit. They were travelling together so his wife didn’t need authorization. If he had gone to Canada without her and she followed later then she would have needEd authorization. Plus I believe they were coming from the US but I may be wrong.

Last edited:

YogeshGUSA

Jul 31, 2020
I was referring to @YogeshGUSA and their situation. He has an ICT work permit (job offer) and his wife has an open permit. They were travelling together so his wife didn’t need authorization. If he had gone to Canada without her and she followed later then she would have needEd authorization. Plus I believe they were coming from the US but I may be wrong.
We travelled from India

Eilenora

Oct 19, 2020
can anyone kindly share a template of this request for authorization as I am about to prepare and send one. Thanks

Zdravko_SRB

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hello,
I am planning to visit my mother (Canadian citizen) together with my wife and children. We are from Europe and all have valid multiple visitor visas.
Do we need the written authorization letter???? Maybe I don`t but my wife and kids???
Thank you in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I am planning to visit my mother (Canadian citizen) together with my wife and children. We are from Europe and all have valid multiple visitor visas.
Do we need the written authorization letter???? Maybe I don`t but my wife and kids???
Thank you in advance
You are extended not immediate family so you and your children need written authorization. Your wife is not included and according to rules is not eligible to travel.

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and visitors to Canada: Uniting with family members - Canada.ca

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Good Morning,

Have a quick question ! I recently got my ICT WP, my wife got the visitor visa and our son the student visa. We have also received the POE letter for me and my son, not for my wife.

We are planning to travel as a family in early Jan to Canada, should we be applying for travel authorization for my wife since she holds visitor visa.

I think the authorization is required if you need to reunite, but in our case we will travelling together

Thanks !