+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

Woqi114

Nov 15, 2017
Has anyone got an AOR recently from IQAS? It's been 40 days since my docs delivery (delivered 30th OCT) but no AOR email as of yet.

Anil_Butt

Dec 29, 2018
Hi Hira,

Finally, a good news, I figured a way to get my transcript and mark sheets verified by PU, Lahore. Not just that, PU will also courier the sealed envelopes to IQAS.

Before I proceed further would like to clarify few things, thank you in advance for all your help.

Question 1. I will be sending following envelopes to IQAS, please confirm if this will be fine for ECA?

Envelope 1:
1. Bachelor of Computer Science - 4 Years (Verified photocopy of the transcript will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore.)

Envelope 2:
1. Bachelor of Arts - 2 Years (Verified photocopy of mark sheet will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore)
2. Bachelor of Law (LLB) - 3 Years (Verified photocopies of 3 years mark sheets will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore)

Envelope 3:
1. Photocopy of Degrees for BSCS, BA and LLB (These photocopies and will not be verified or attested from anywhere).
2. Certificate of Matric and Intermediate (These photocopies will not be verified or attested from anywhere).
3. A coloured copy of the first page of my passport

Question 2. I read following on CIC website and it confused me, should I send verified copies of my metric and intermediate certificates from relevant boards and get ECA for metric and intermediate as well?

"Depending on your case, you may want to have both your secondary and post-secondary credentials assessed, and not just your highest completed foreign credential. You will not get any points for your foreign education under the CRS in Express Entry or be eligible under the FSWP if the result on your ECA report does not match at least one of the results in the conversion table."

Dear Murtaza,

Kindly guide me how to get verified copy of b.com from PU and who is the right person to talk or if you can give me right department's contact details.

I have to get it done for IQAS.

I shall be very greatful to you.

Regards,
Anil

Anil_Butt

Dec 29, 2018
Hi Hira,

Finally, a good news, I figured a way to get my transcript and mark sheets verified by PU, Lahore. Not just that, PU will also courier the sealed envelopes to IQAS.

Before I proceed further would like to clarify few things, thank you in advance for all your help.

Question 1. I will be sending following envelopes to IQAS, please confirm if this will be fine for ECA?

Envelope 1:
1. Bachelor of Computer Science - 4 Years (Verified photocopy of the transcript will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore.)

Envelope 2:
1. Bachelor of Arts - 2 Years (Verified photocopy of mark sheet will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore)
2. Bachelor of Law (LLB) - 3 Years (Verified photocopies of 3 years mark sheets will be sent to IQAS in a sealed envelope by University of the Punjab, Lahore)

Envelope 3:
1. Photocopy of Degrees for BSCS, BA and LLB (These photocopies and will not be verified or attested from anywhere).
2. Certificate of Matric and Intermediate (These photocopies will not be verified or attested from anywhere).
3. A coloured copy of the first page of my passport

Question 2. I read following on CIC website and it confused me, should I send verified copies of my metric and intermediate certificates from relevant boards and get ECA for metric and intermediate as well?

"Depending on your case, you may want to have both your secondary and post-secondary credentials assessed, and not just your highest completed foreign credential. You will not get any points for your foreign education under the CRS in Express Entry or be eligible under the FSWP if the result on your ECA report does not match at least one of the results in the conversion table."
Hi

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Dear Murtaza,

Kindly guide me how to get verified copy of b.com from PU and who is the right person to talk or if you can give me right department's contact details.

I have to get it done for IQAS.

I shall be very greatful to you.

Regards,
Anil
contact P.U examination center in Main Campus

Muhammad Arshad Awan

Feb 19, 2019
Hello Guys,
Hope you all will be doing good.
Just want to take advantage of this thread as hkarim you mentioned that you are getting ECA from IQAS for your diploma and degrees Can you please tell me what procedure you addopted & how it worked as I want to get ECA for my DAE which is from Punjab Board of Technical Education and B-Tech(Pass) & B-Tech(Hons) from Preston University Kohat. So how it will work?
Means I need to send both degrees through HEC with original transcripts and Diploma through Panjab board of Technical Education?
Degree & Diploma will be sent separately with different authorities then how IQAS will evaluate it together should we have to mention some reference number on any form which we get from IQAS website or what will be the procedure as I am living in Uae and planning to go vacations and finish this all procedure can you please guide me in this regard.
Your reply will be highly appreciated!

Reactions: Shamroze

Shamroze

May 24, 2017
Hello Guys,
Hope you all will be doing good.
Just want to take advantage of this thread as hkarim you mentioned that you are getting ECA from IQAS for your diploma and degrees Can you please tell me what procedure you addopted & how it worked as I want to get ECA for my DAE which is from Punjab Board of Technical Education and B-Tech(Pass) & B-Tech(Hons) from Preston University Kohat. So how it will work?
Means I need to send both degrees through HEC with original transcripts and Diploma through Panjab board of Technical Education?
Degree & Diploma will be sent separately with different authorities then how IQAS will evaluate it together should we have to mention some reference number on any form which we get from IQAS website or what will be the procedure as I am living in Uae and planning to go vacations and finish this all procedure can you please guide me in this regard.
Your reply will be highly appreciated!
its an easy process , you get your degrees and transcripts attested by hec and unoversity and send to IQAS

Muhammad Arshad Awan

Feb 19, 2019

Km5201

Feb 12, 2019
2 years B. SC bachelor 2 years B. Ed and 2 years Is considered Master degree. Wes or other any?

Mar 5, 2019
I hope you all are fine.I am unable to find 3 below forms at IQAS website.
application form
document request form
check list form
I want to know do i have to make an account first at IQAS website and then IQAS will e-mail me these 3 form? or before making an account at IQAS website i will get these 3 forms to somewhere else?

Second question is do i have to give all these 3 form to my university and ask them to put these 3 forms in a sealed envelop plus colored copy of transcript and colored copy of degree certificate and then send it to IQAS directly?

Third question is, if my university is sending COLORED COPY OF TRANSCRIPT, COLORED COPY OF DEGREE CERTIFICATE, APPLICATION FORM, DOCUMENT REQUEST FORM, CHECK LIST FORM, COLOR COPY OF MY PASSPORT directly to IQAS in a sealed envelope so do i have to send another set of these documents to IQAS as well or is it enough if university is sending these documents?

I will be thankful to all of you. Waiting for positive response.

muhammada980

Apr 9, 2019
IQAS Recommendations: Traditional MBA: Generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business administration (when assessed separately) or with a focus International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta Page 73 of 97 in xxx and business administration (when combined with a 2-year Bachelor (Pass) degree). Upgraded MBA: Generally compares to the completion of a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. Note to assessors: The four-year (or three-and-a-half-year) MBA following 14 years of education may be assessed in combination with preceding credentials. Executive MBA (around 66-72 credits): Generally compares to the completion of a fouryear Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business administration (when assessed separately) or with a focus in xxx and business administration (when combined with a 2- year Bachelor (Pass) degree). Executive MBA (around 30-36 credits): Generally compares to the completion of a threeyear Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business administration (when assessed separately) or with a focus in xxx and business administration (when combined with a 2- year Bachelor (Pass) degree). Executive MBA (other than the above, e.g. length or credits unknown): Assessed on a case by case basis.
i had my two year bachelors so what equivalency i will get from IQAS because WES given me 2 year diploma.

aymen fahad

Jun 15, 2019
I have done my bachelors in telecom from sir syed university of engineering and technology and mba from bahria university.
Is it necessary get documents attested from university?
I have my all documents attested in sealed envelope from HEC. Can i send that to IQAS?

Previously was planning to opt for WES but i heard they don't give master equivalency to this qualification.

Khurram1170

Aug 30, 2019
Guys . Here is my case
Name on my degree : Khurram Khan
Given name on passport is : Khurram Abdul Qayyum
Last Name : Khan

——————
My Father Name is Abdul Qayyum Khan ( mentioned on transcripts and passport )
——————
Will IQAS have issue on my name ? Do i have to submit name change proof / affidavit ?