+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Guide for ECA (Name Difference) - IOBM SSUET KARACHI PAKISTAN

May 10, 2018
Hi, can anyone help. I want to get ECA from IQAS for Pakistani academic credentials. I have Bachelor of Arts degree (2 Years) from university of Punjab and Master of Business Administration Specialization in Banking & Finance (2 Years) from Allama Iqbal Open University. Which degree should i send to IQAS for evaluation. So that i could have better credentials.

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Hi, can anyone help. I want to get ECA from IQAS for Pakistani academic credentials. I have Bachelor of Arts degree (2 Years) from university of Punjab and Master of Business Administration Specialization in Banking & Finance (2 Years) from Allama Iqbal Open University. Which degree should i send to IQAS for evaluation. So that i could have better credentials.
send both for evaluation

engineer_qp

Oct 17, 2017
Dear Nabeel, I am also from UET Lahore. Can you please guide if you have done the process? Thanks in advance.
Feedback is requested from any graduate of UET Lahore Pakistan who got the ECA through IQAS.
Did you get the documents attested and sealed at Controller of Examination office in UET or it was some other office. How much time the whole process took at UET.

As I understand, with IQAS, Matric & F.Sc. documents are not required to be sent for the purpose of assessment. Please confirm if this was true in your case.

Detailed guidance about the whole process will be much appreciated.

NabeelAshraf

Jan 20, 2018
Dear Nabeel, I am also from UET Lahore. Can you please guide if you have done the process? Thanks in advance.
Dear engineer_qp, step-by-step process is as follows:
1) Take colored copies of your degree and transcript (1 copy of each document)
2) Visit Habib Bank Branch located at UET and deposit the verification fee. Account Title to deposit the fee is STUDENTS DUES and account No. is PK23HABB0001287901582203. The fee is Rs. 800 for urgent process & Rs. 400 for ordinary. With urgent process, you get the sealed envelope the next working day whereas with ordinary process it may take 3 - 4 days.
3) Take the fee deposit slip along with copies of your degree and transcript to the office of Controller of Examination and tell him that you need attested copies of your degree and transcript in a sealed envelope for Immigration purpose. He will instruct one of his staff to proceed.

(I requested the Controller of Examination to complete the process ASAP and he was kind enough to do it within the same day. I submitted the documents in the morning and received the sealed envelope in the afternoon. Off course, I opted for urgent option while depositing the fee. I hope this information will help. In case you need any more details, please let me know.)

May 31, 2018
Dear engineer_qp, step-by-step process is as follows:
1) Take colored copies of your degree and transcript (1 copy of each document)
2) Visit Habib Bank Branch located at UET and deposit the verification fee. Account Title to deposit the fee is STUDENTS DUES and account No. is PK23HABB0001287901582203. The fee is Rs. 800 for urgent process & Rs. 400 for ordinary. With urgent process, you get the sealed envelope the next working day whereas with ordinary process it may take 3 - 4 days.
3) Take the fee deposit slip along with copies of your degree and transcript to the office of Controller of Examination and tell him that you need attested copies of your degree and transcript in a sealed envelope for Immigration purpose. He will instruct one of his staff to proceed.

(I requested the Controller of Examination to complete the process ASAP and he was kind enough to do it within the same day. I submitted the documents in the morning and received the sealed envelope in the afternoon. Off course, I opted for urgent option while depositing the fee. I hope this information will help. In case you need any more details, please let me know.)
Nabeel let me confirm you filled complete form yourself or left the blank for university officials? i.e I have to fill university part or just fill my part in the form?

Combatant

Jun 26, 2018
Definitely. And feedback should not stop on getting IQAS certificate. Should be sharing experiences of the rest of the procedures as well!
Hello guys,
I am new here and this is my first post. Can anybody tell me how to verify two degrees from the IQAS. I tried to fill the online form and there is only one option of the degree. Since I have once Bachelor and One Master degree, how to assess both of them. Do I have to fill two separate applications? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

arahman1986

Feb 22, 2018
I have a query regarding the IQAS checklist,

What do we need to fill the gap in section B for post-secondary education?

(You can view the checklist image at this link: https://imgur.com/a/xYjYAe3)

Photocopy of Degree/Diploma (name in original language):
Do I have to fill in the name of the degree like "Bachelor of Engineering" and tickmark the checkbox?

Photocopy of transcript/statement of marks:
Below this, there is a gap which requires some information. I have ticked the box but have no idea what to fill in the blank space.

Transcript (mark sheet, grade reports) issued by:
Here is have written the institution name, e.g., "Iqra University" in the gap and the ticked the checkbox.

Thanks for the help.

Rafia88

Jul 12, 2018
Hey please guide me:

I have done my 4 year BS program followed by my MBA (R) 1.5 years both from from IoBM. I understand the i need to take colored copies of my transcripts and degree to IoBM with my trascript requisition form (either handfilled or typed). Can you please explain IQAS charges 200 per degree or in total. Also once IoBM gives me sealed envelope Can I courier my envelope myself to IQAS? Also Like you sent you inter documnets yourself I want to understand how to go about this? Did u sent attested documents in a separate envelope? PLease share cost allocation too.

Detailed Steps of IQAS:

I had two degrees which I wanted to assess from IQAS:

BACHELORS OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
SIR SYED UUNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY aka (SSUET)

MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
INSTITUE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT aka (CBM/IoBM)

Applying online and payment of fees:

I created an account on IQAS website and completed online form (iqas.work.alberta.ca/eca#/)

Before starting this you need to have your school, college and universities' documents with you.

You need to have your debit/credit card with you (IQAS accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit or Interac), I used Mastercard Credit Card.

It will take around 15-30 minutes to complete the application.

After submitting your application, you must get notification email with the application form and document checklist attached.

IQAS reference number is "Application Id" in your email. It is also mentioned in the application form (Bottom left corner of each page)

Reference number is important, note it down as it must be mentioned in the transcript request forms which you will submit in universities for the degree/transcript verification.

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from IoBM:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Email the filled form to "transcripts.grades@iobm.edu.pk". Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my MBA

I visited transcript office which is adjacent to M.S Sabina room.

Request the representative to verify your copies and fill the form which you sent via email earlier.

He will verify (stamp) your degrees, fill and print the form. You must sign the form and write the date on the form. After that, he will accompany you to MS Sabina office to have her signature on the form.

You will have to submit 50 RS in finance department for the IoBM official seal. Get the receipt and get back to MS Sabina office, the assistant will then show you signed forms and stamps, check the information carefully as they are going to be sealed now. Give receipt to the MS Sabina assistant and he will seal the envelope containing:

Your verified color copy of transcript
Your verified color copy of degree
Transcript request form (IQAS)

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from SSUET:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Print a copy of the form. Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form. Sign it and write the date on the form.

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my BS (CE). In addition to this, you must bring your SSC-matric certificate copy.

Visit SSUET examination department and ask for a request-sealed-form. Also, ask the verification fees of per document although it must be in the request form.

Go inside the examination department to meet MS. Sumera and show her your original degree, transcript and filled form. She will compare the information on the form + degree, and will give you go ahead to submit your documents at the counter.

Fill the SSUET verification request form. Collect the voucher from the examination department and pay the fees in university' bank.

You must now have the following documents:

Color copy of your transcript
Color copy of your degree
Copy of your SSC-matric certificate
Transcript request form (IQAS)
Verification request form (SSUET)
Paid Voucher

Submit them to the examination counter and get the receipt, receipt will show that the working time for the verification is 15 days although it can be done in a week if you request them to have them sooner.

Mailing the documents to IQAS:

Print the application form as it is which you received after payment, sign and write date on it.

Fill the document checklist and print it out too.

Make color copies of your transcripts and degrees.

Now you will have these documents with you:

Application form (received from IQAS after payment) Print it and sign it
Document checklist form (received from IQAS after payment) Filled and print it.
Color copy of your transcript/s
Color copy of your Degree/s
Color copy of your SSC-matric certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your HSC-inter certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your passport (First four pages)
Sealed envelope of IoBM
Sealed envelope of SSUET

Now send them all to the address mentioned in the application form.

Note:

Matric inter certificates were optional, I sent them anyways.

Verification of university degrees are optional too, I sent them anyways.

I was worried about my name difference, as I have the following scenario:
My name was "Syed Jon Doe Zaidi" on my passport and CNIC. However, my name in all educational documents were "Jon Doe". I created an affidavit on 100 rupees stamp paper in which I mentioned that both are same persons and sent this with my all documents too.

I also mentioned in the checklist document that my universities asked me to send sealed envelopes on their behalf and IQAS can contact the universities to verify this.

Timelines:

Documents submitted at Fed ex: 21 Jan, 2016
Documents delivered to IQAS: 25 Jan, 2016
First confirmation email from IQAS: 26 Jan, 2016
Second confirmation email from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017 (Got the ECA results. Attached online certificate in a PDF form)
Documents dispatched from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017
Documents delivered to me: Have not given me any tracking number (Who cares, I can submit my profile, right?)

Results of ECA:
BS SSUET (Pak) = four year bachelor degree (Canada)
MBA CBM (Pak) = Master of business administration degree (Canada)

Rafia88

Jul 12, 2018
Just to update:

Date sent to IQAS: 02-03-2017
Date received by IQAS: 06-03-2017
Email of receipt by IQAS: 09-03-2017
Email of ECA by IQAS: 23-03-2017 (Around 10 business days after acknowledgement of receipt of documents)

Degree: Bachelors of Electrical Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Typical four years bachelors program with a specialization in Electrical Engineering

Thanks Ali Zaidi for the guidance.

I followed pretty much the same process as mentioned in the first post. Just that my university would have easily sent the sealed envelope on its own. But I decided to include it in my package to save time. At the end, no hindrance was encountered Alhamdulillah.

Would highly recommend IQAS. My friends who opted for WES are still stuck in the process, unfortunately.

Hey once you got the sealed envelope how did u send it to IQAS ? Iam from IoBM and someone told me TCS has a student package that allows Courier for PKR 2700 . IoBM on otherhand charges PKR 4000. Would it be a problem sending package on own?

Rafia88

Jul 12, 2018
H
I finally got update from IQAS after I sent them a question on their contact page. Apparently my results have been mailed on Tuesday 30 May 2017. I was wondering why i still ddnt receive my emailed copy/ soft copy. Does it usually take longer? I sent a reply asking about it but they usually respond two days later

Hi can you please tell me do we have to send passport and ID card copies to IQAS separately? Like Courier them? Can I courier sealed envelope from IoBM and my passport copy together?