tanzeelahmed64

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Guys . Here is my case
Name on my degree : Khurram Khan
Given name on passport is : Khurram Abdul Qayyum
Last Name : Khan

——————
My Father Name is Abdul Qayyum Khan ( mentioned on transcripts and passport )
——————
Will IQAS have issue on my name ? Do i have to submit name change proof / affidavit ?
Yes, its better that you submit the name difference affidavit in order to avoid any confusion.

Khurram1170

Aug 30, 2019
Thana for the swift reply .
Can u plz share afidavit copy with me on khurram.q.khan@hotmail.com

I am not in pakistan and will probably request some one to do the process .

I dont know how to send me personal message on the forum . Thats why putting my email here . Thanks JazakAllah

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Detailed Steps of IQAS:

I had two degrees which I wanted to assess from IQAS:

BACHELORS OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
SIR SYED UUNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY aka (SSUET)

MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
INSTITUE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT aka (CBM/IoBM)

Applying online and payment of fees:

I created an account on IQAS website and completed online form (iqas.work.alberta.ca/eca#/)

Before starting this you need to have your school, college and universities' documents with you.

You need to have your debit/credit card with you (IQAS accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit or Interac), I used Mastercard Credit Card.

It will take around 15-30 minutes to complete the application.

After submitting your application, you must get notification email with the application form and document checklist attached.

IQAS reference number is "Application Id" in your email. It is also mentioned in the application form (Bottom left corner of each page)

Reference number is important, note it down as it must be mentioned in the transcript request forms which you will submit in universities for the degree/transcript verification.

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from IoBM:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Email the filled form to "transcripts.grades@iobm.edu.pk". Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my MBA

I visited transcript office which is adjacent to M.S Sabina room.

Request the representative to verify your copies and fill the form which you sent via email earlier.

He will verify (stamp) your degrees, fill and print the form. You must sign the form and write the date on the form. After that, he will accompany you to MS Sabina office to have her signature on the form.

You will have to submit 50 RS in finance department for the IoBM official seal. Get the receipt and get back to MS Sabina office, the assistant will then show you signed forms and stamps, check the information carefully as they are going to be sealed now. Give receipt to the MS Sabina assistant and he will seal the envelope containing:

Your verified color copy of transcript
Your verified color copy of degree
Transcript request form (IQAS)

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from SSUET:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Print a copy of the form. Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form. Sign it and write the date on the form.

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my BS (CE). In addition to this, you must bring your SSC-matric certificate copy.

Visit SSUET examination department and ask for a request-sealed-form. Also, ask the verification fees of per document although it must be in the request form.

Go inside the examination department to meet MS. Sumera and show her your original degree, transcript and filled form. She will compare the information on the form + degree, and will give you go ahead to submit your documents at the counter.

Fill the SSUET verification request form. Collect the voucher from the examination department and pay the fees in university' bank.

You must now have the following documents:

Color copy of your transcript
Color copy of your degree
Copy of your SSC-matric certificate
Verification request form (SSUET)
Paid Voucher

Submit them to the examination counter and get the receipt, receipt will show that the working time for the verification is 15 days although it can be done in a week if you request them to have them sooner.

Mailing the documents to IQAS:

Print the application form as it is which you received after payment, sign and write date on it.

Fill the document checklist and print it out too.

Make color copies of your transcripts and degrees.

Now you will have these documents with you:

Application form (received from IQAS after payment) Print it and sign it
Document checklist form (received from IQAS after payment) Filled and print it.
Color copy of your transcript/s
Color copy of your Degree/s
Color copy of your SSC-matric certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your HSC-inter certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your passport (First four pages)
Sealed envelope of IoBM
Sealed envelope of SSUET

Now send them all to the address mentioned in the application form.

Note:

Matric inter certificates were optional, I sent them anyways.

Verification of university degrees are optional too, I sent them anyways.

I was worried about my name difference, as I have the following scenario:
My name was "Syed Jon Doe Zaidi" on my passport and CNIC. However, my name in all educational documents were "Jon Doe". I created an affidavit on 100 rupees stamp paper in which I mentioned that both are same persons and sent this with my all documents too.

I also mentioned in the checklist document that my universities asked me to send sealed envelopes on their behalf and IQAS can contact the universities to verify this.

Timelines:

Documents submitted at Fed ex: 21 Jan, 2016
Documents delivered to IQAS: 25 Jan, 2016
First confirmation email from IQAS: 26 Jan, 2016
Second confirmation email from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017 (Got the ECA results. Attached online certificate in a PDF form)
Documents dispatched from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017
Documents delivered to me: Have not given me any tracking number (Who cares, I can submit my profile, right?)

Results of ECA:
BS SSUET (Pak) = four year bachelor degree (Canada)
MBA CBM (Pak) = Master of business administration degree (Canada)
Please can you tell me one thing i had created an account and submitted my application but iqas has not deducted money from my account when we have to pay that money ? Plz reply

mmkashif

Oct 12, 2019
Hi Dear Members,
I have done BBA 4 years and MBA 1.5 Years . As per recent experiences of applicants , my credentials will be equivalent to what ?

Khurram1170

Aug 30, 2019
Salam.
I have got my ECA done IQAS ,

Can anyone please explain in whihc category my ECA Falls in.

I have done 2 years BSc , Followed by B.ED and M.Ed.

IQAS certificate text below :

comparative levels of achievement in Canada :
1. The Bsc degree generally compares to the completion of two year post secondary diploma with focus in science
2. The combination of B.ED and M.ed degrees generally compares to the completion of four year bachelors degree focues in education .

Thanks
Khurram Khan
khurram.q.khan@gmail.com

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Salam.

1. The Bsc degree generally compares to the completion of two year post secondary diploma with focus in science
2. The combination of B.ED and M.ed degrees generally compares to the completion of four year bachelors degree focues in education .

Thanks
Khurram Khan
khurram.q.khan@gmail.com
Salam.

Thanks
Khurram Khan
khurram.q.khan@gmail.com
sasrya kaal

You can claim points for 4 years bachelor's degree in express entry. best of luck.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
But thats for Bed + Med ... Bsc is rated as independent 2 year post high school diploma
I repeat, you can only claim the 4 years bachelor's point in express entry. Your diploma, BED and MED all combined are equivalent to bachelors degree as per IQAS.

NAllana

Jul 14, 2020
Detailed Steps of IQAS:

I had two degrees which I wanted to assess from IQAS:

BACHELORS OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
SIR SYED UUNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY aka (SSUET)

MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
INSTITUE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT aka (CBM/IoBM)

Applying online and payment of fees:

I created an account on IQAS website and completed online form (iqas.work.alberta.ca/eca#/)

Before starting this you need to have your school, college and universities' documents with you.

You need to have your debit/credit card with you (IQAS accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit or Interac), I used Mastercard Credit Card.

It will take around 15-30 minutes to complete the application.

After submitting your application, you must get notification email with the application form and document checklist attached.

IQAS reference number is "Application Id" in your email. It is also mentioned in the application form (Bottom left corner of each page)

Reference number is important, note it down as it must be mentioned in the transcript request forms which you will submit in universities for the degree/transcript verification.

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from IoBM:

Email the filled form to "transcripts.grades@iobm.edu.pk". Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my MBA

I visited transcript office which is adjacent to M.S Sabina room.

Request the representative to verify your copies and fill the form which you sent via email earlier.

He will verify (stamp) your degrees, fill and print the form. You must sign the form and write the date on the form. After that, he will accompany you to MS Sabina office to have her signature on the form.

You will have to submit 50 RS in finance department for the IoBM official seal. Get the receipt and get back to MS Sabina office, the assistant will then show you signed forms and stamps, check the information carefully as they are going to be sealed now. Give receipt to the MS Sabina assistant and he will seal the envelope containing:

Your verified color copy of transcript
Your verified color copy of degree

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from SSUET:

Print a copy of the form. Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form. Sign it and write the date on the form.

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my BS (CE). In addition to this, you must bring your SSC-matric certificate copy.

Visit SSUET examination department and ask for a request-sealed-form. Also, ask the verification fees of per document although it must be in the request form.

Go inside the examination department to meet MS. Sumera and show her your original degree, transcript and filled form. She will compare the information on the form + degree, and will give you go ahead to submit your documents at the counter.

Fill the SSUET verification request form. Collect the voucher from the examination department and pay the fees in university' bank.

You must now have the following documents:

Color copy of your transcript
Color copy of your degree
Copy of your SSC-matric certificate
Verification request form (SSUET)
Paid Voucher

Submit them to the examination counter and get the receipt, receipt will show that the working time for the verification is 15 days although it can be done in a week if you request them to have them sooner.

Mailing the documents to IQAS:

Print the application form as it is which you received after payment, sign and write date on it.

Fill the document checklist and print it out too.

Make color copies of your transcripts and degrees.

Now you will have these documents with you:

Application form (received from IQAS after payment) Print it and sign it
Document checklist form (received from IQAS after payment) Filled and print it.
Color copy of your transcript/s
Color copy of your Degree/s
Color copy of your SSC-matric certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your HSC-inter certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your passport (First four pages)
Sealed envelope of IoBM
Sealed envelope of SSUET

Now send them all to the address mentioned in the application form.

Note:

Matric inter certificates were optional, I sent them anyways.

Verification of university degrees are optional too, I sent them anyways.

I was worried about my name difference, as I have the following scenario:
My name was "Syed Jon Doe Zaidi" on my passport and CNIC. However, my name in all educational documents were "Jon Doe". I created an affidavit on 100 rupees stamp paper in which I mentioned that both are same persons and sent this with my all documents too.

I also mentioned in the checklist document that my universities asked me to send sealed envelopes on their behalf and IQAS can contact the universities to verify this.

Timelines:

Documents submitted at Fed ex: 21 Jan, 2016
Documents delivered to IQAS: 25 Jan, 2016
First confirmation email from IQAS: 26 Jan, 2016
Second confirmation email from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017 (Got the ECA results. Attached online certificate in a PDF form)
Documents dispatched from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017
Documents delivered to me: Have not given me any tracking number (Who cares, I can submit my profile, right?)

Results of ECA:
BS SSUET (Pak) = four year bachelor degree (Canada)
MBA CBM (Pak) = Master of business administration degree (Canada)

Thank you Bro for sharing your experiences. I have also done my masters from IOBM so your experience will really help. May I request you to share affidavit you have submitted for IQAS?

Jul 14, 2020
I have done my BA from Punjab University and B.ED from Allama Iqbal Open University. I have also done my MA from Punjab University and M. ED from Allama Iqbal Open University. Will IQAS equivilate my BA AND B. ED degree as diplomas or bachelors and what about my MA AND M. ED degrees? Will they be equvilent to Masters? Kindly help

NAllana

Jul 14, 2020
Thank you Bro for sharing your experiences. I have also done my masters from IOBM so your experience will really help. May I request you to share affidavit you have submitted for IQAS?
Further also guide that do we need to go to board office for attestation?

Raji Randhawa

Aug 24, 2020
I have sent sample affidavit on your email ID.

That field in the checklist is again for those who have changed their name officially like women do here after marriage so leave that too.

Once your provide affidavit they wil be sure that "Syed Abbas Raza" and "Abbas Raza" is same person and they will write the passport name on your ECA certificate. I did a mistake and they wrote my name as "ZAIDI, John Doe" although they said they will write my passport name-in my passport my name is "Syed John Doe Zaidi"- It is because when I was submitting my application to IQAS before the payment, I did not include "Syed".

Yes, I did mention in "Additional information" section on checklist that i have enclosed my affidavit but I forgot to tell them what name should be on certificate therefore I would recommend you to mention about your situation and the affidavit with which name you want on your ECA certificate. Feel free to ask if there is still any confusion.
My middle name spelling is little different like from hardip to Hardeep on certificate but passport hold ip spelling and education certificate hold eep
What can be done any suggestions???

Reactions: NAllana