+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS for pakistani students - URGENT help needed :(

Saad060

Nov 2, 2017
Hi Everyone!

M from Karachi, currently residing in Jeddah with family.i want to get ECA from IQAS for immigration.

I have B-tech (two years bachelor) attested by HEC in 2013. Degree awarded by (Indus university).In supporting also i have three years diploma certificate (D.A.E) awarded by (Sindh technical board) and one year diploma certificate awarded by private institute (recognized by SBTE). Intermediate and school certificate as well.
My spouse have B.com degree (HEC attestation in process I filled up time taking application form at HEC portal on 20 Dec 17 but still under processing.

Aadi
You got it correctly

1- Sealed envelope from Indus University,

2- Sealed envelope from Sindh technical board for three years diploma certificate.

3- You should have sealed envelope from the board which issued the one-year diploma.

3- Generally IQAS requires final degree sealed from University/Institute/ Board, you can send all other degrees/diplomas but it is not mandatory.

For your spouse:
Yes,
1- Sealed envelope from KU.

2 Sealed envelope Intermediate and matric board require or not? (up to you not mandatory only highest degree is needed in sealed envelope)

· No IQAS doesn't require IBCC , HEC or Ministry of Foreign Affairs attestation.

First, you have to pay the fee to IQAS better is to pay online via card, because pay order etc will take time and complicate the process.
After payment of the fee, you will get an email consisting of two PDF files
1- The application form (on which your application reference number will be written at the bottom). The same reference number will be required on academic request form ( https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf) for the sealed envelope from University/Board/ Institute.
2- Checklist of the documents.

You can talk to IQAS representative on phone and after their consent, you can send two separate envelopes (your and your spouse's) in one bigger envelope with an explanation note that you were told to send documents like this by IQAS representative.

For courier service I had very good experience with DHL, they charged me 2300/- PKR and packet was delivered in 3 working days.

Aadi87

Jan 7, 2018
You got it correctly

1- Sealed envelope from Indus University,

2- Sealed envelope from Sindh technical board for three years diploma certificate.

3- You should have sealed envelope from the board which issued the one-year diploma.

3- Generally IQAS requires final degree sealed from University/Institute/ Board, you can send all other degrees/diplomas but it is not mandatory.

For your spouse:
Yes,
1- Sealed envelope from KU.

2 Sealed envelope Intermediate and matric board require or not? (up to you not mandatory only highest degree is needed in sealed envelope)

· No IQAS doesn't require IBCC , HEC or Ministry of Foreign Affairs attestation.

First, you have to pay the fee to IQAS better is to pay online via card, because pay order etc will take time and complicate the process.
After payment of the fee, you will get an email consisting of two PDF files
1- The application form (on which your application reference number will be written at the bottom). The same reference number will be required on academic request form ( https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf) for the sealed envelope from University/Board/ Institute.
2- Checklist of the documents.

You can talk to IQAS representative on phone and after their consent, you can send two separate envelopes (your and your spouse's) in one bigger envelope with an explanation note that you were told to send documents like this by IQAS representative.

For courier service I had very good experience with DHL, they charged me 2300/- PKR and packet was delivered in 3 working days.
Thanks much for your feedback on my post..

only couple of things i wanna reconfirm with you.

1. No IQAS doesn't require IBCC , HEC or Ministry of Foreign Affairs attestation. ( i think every org. who does ECA require minimum HEC attestation on final degree ) isn't it ?
if, IQAS really don't need HEC attestation than my case will become much simpler as m facing issues with HEC attestation being outside country,

2. IQAS payment : you mean, i can make online payment to IQAS via my debit card ?

BTW, what about you..have you recieve ECA result ? how long it take ? could you share your experience with me.

Thanks,

Aadi87

Jan 7, 2018
Hello !

Can anyone guide me to fill-up checklist as i have some confusion. when you open below link : https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/ECA-application-checklist.pdf

in the checklist section B : what they are asking to enclosed ?
  • Transcripts (statement of marks, grade reports) issued by: Transcripts Requested from the issuing body
is that means to attached this form https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf

Also i wanna know how to add more institution tab in checklist, as in my case i start as follows.

checklist form Section B : https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/ECA-application-checklist.pdf

Secondary school academic documents included: (if you wish to have only your post-secondary education assessed, secondary school documents are not required) :
  • i can add in this dialogue my secondary school records.
Post-Secondary academic documents included:
  • Here, i wanna add three years diploma certificate,one year diploma certificate and bachelor certificate.
  • But available tab only for two educational documents ?
  • should i write information in additional box of checklist form? but i don't think so, it will be right way !

Last edited:

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Hello !

Can anyone guide me to fill-up checklist as i have some confusion. when you open below link : https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/ECA-application-checklist.pdf

in the checklist section B : what they are asking to enclosed ?
  • Transcripts (statement of marks, grade reports) issued by: Transcripts Requested from the issuing body
is that means to attached this form https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf

Also i wanna know how to add more institution tab in checklist, as in my case i start as follows.

checklist form Section B : https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/ECA-application-checklist.pdf

Secondary school academic documents included: (if you wish to have only your post-secondary education assessed, secondary school documents are not required) :
  • i can add in this dialogue my secondary school records.
Post-Secondary academic documents included:
  • Here, i wanna add three years diploma certificate,one year diploma certificate and bachelor certificate.
  • But available tab only for two educational documents ?
  • should i write information in additional box of checklist form? but i don't think so, it will be right way !
Regarding your question 1:
You do not have to attach anything. You just need to check the checkbox so that they know you have already asked the university to send them the transcripts.

I do not know regarding your other question. You can ask them through thier online contact us form, though in my experience they take time to respond.

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Thanks much for your feedback on my post..

only couple of things i wanna reconfirm with you.

1. No IQAS doesn't require IBCC , HEC or Ministry of Foreign Affairs attestation. ( i think every org. who does ECA require minimum HEC attestation on final degree ) isn't it ?
if, IQAS really don't need HEC attestation than my case will become much simpler as m facing issues with HEC attestation being outside country,

2. IQAS payment : you mean, i can make online payment to IQAS via my debit card ?

BTW, what about you..have you recieve ECA result ? how long it take ? could you share your experience with me.

Thanks,
I was in the same boat as you are. IQAS doesn't require any attestation.

If your degree is recognised by HEC and your university's name is available in HEC's website then you are good to go.

Follow the steps mentioned above.

Good luck!

Aadi87

Jan 7, 2018
Regarding your question 1:
You do not have to attach anything. You just need to check the checkbox so that they know you have already asked the university to send them the transcripts.

I do not know regarding your other question. You can ask them through thier online contact us form, though in my experience they take time to respond.

Hi,

my friend, see below table it will help you to understand what exactly i wanna know....actually there is no screen shot or images option in chatting...that will help a lot to exchange our views and suggestion...anyway see below table and correct me if i get it wrong !!

1. I can check the dialogue box accordingly like i enclosed degree copy, transcript copy and last i don't get which request i think the request form they talking about...!
  2. IQAS left empty tab under each line should i write institute name or degree name ? issued by means board or university name ?

Photocopy of the Diploma (name in the original language): Photocopy Enclosed 
?

Photocopy of transcripts/statement of marks: Photocopy Enclosed 
?

Transcripts (statement of marks, grade reports) issued by: Transcripts Requested from the issuing body  ?

?

if anyone fill the question mark that will clear my point.

Reactions: masoodali

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Hi,

my friend, see below table it will help you to understand what exactly i wanna know....actually there is no screen shot or images option in chatting...that will help a lot to exchange our views and suggestion...anyway see below table and correct me if i get it wrong !!

1. I can check the dialogue box accordingly like i enclosed degree copy, transcript copy and last i don't get which request i think the request form they talking about...!
  2. IQAS left empty tab under each line should i write institute name or degree name ? issued by means board or university name ?

?

?

Transcripts (statement of marks, grade reports) issued by: Transcripts Requested from the issuing body  ?

?

if anyone fill the question mark that will clear my point.
Tick the checkbox, enclose a copy of your degree with this form, and enter the name of the awarding university in the space

Tick the checkbox and enclose the transcript of your university with this form, and Enter the the name of the awarding university in the space

Write the name of the university in the space provided. Tick the checkbox.

For the last question, you have to ask your university to send IQAS your transcript / degree along with this form "https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf" .

The form will be filled by the university and send by them to the IQAS.

I hope this clarifies.

Aadi87

Jan 7, 2018
Tick the checkbox, enclose a copy of your degree with this form, and enter the name of the awarding university in the space

Tick the checkbox and enclose the transcript of your university with this form, and Enter the the name of the awarding university in the space

Write the name of the university in the space provided. Tick the checkbox.

For the last question, you have to ask your university to send IQAS your transcript / degree along with this form "https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf" .

I hope this clarifies.
thanks for your detailed answer of all above item.

it seems like the more i involve the more things come out, your above answers finds me well, but when i look back last lines ! its new for me, like it was my understanding that Request of Academic Records form i will filled only section A and i need to send soft copy to my institute they will fill-up section B and when i present transcript and degree to my istitute the will attest photocopies and return me below three papers :

1. Attested copy of degree
  2. Attested copy of transcript ( in my case i have combined mark sheet so that only one paper )
  3. Completed Request of Academic Records form that i'll sent to my institute by mail earlier.
once i get above three papers from institute i will enclosed checklist online application form pay slip etc and put all in one envelope and send courier !

As per your below paragraph,

my relevant institute will send
Request of Academic Records to IQAS directly ? this simply means that i cannot get ECA because i know all my institutes from top to bottom.... nobody will do that even i will be very thank-full to them if they at least fill-up this form and return it to me safely !
than i can take care further proceedings with IQAS.

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
thanks for your detailed answer of all above item.

it seems like the more i involve the more things come out, your above answers finds me well, but when i look back last lines ! its new for me, like it was my understanding that Request of Academic Records form i will filled only section A and i need to send soft copy to my institute they will fill-up section B and when i present transcript and degree to my istitute the will attest photocopies and return me below three papers :

1. Attested copy of degree
  2. Attested copy of transcript ( in my case i have combined mark sheet so that only one paper )
  3. Completed Request of Academic Records form that i'll sent to my institute by mail earlier.
once i get above three papers from institute i will enclosed checklist online application form pay slip etc and put all in one envelope and send courier !

As per your below paragraph,

my relevant institute will send
Request of Academic Records to IQAS directly ? this simply means that i cannot get ECA because i know all my institutes from top to bottom.... nobody will do that even i will be very thank-full to them if they at least fill-up this form and return it to me safely !
than i can take care further proceedings with IQAS.
In case of IQAS the three numbered papers that you mentioned (form, attested copy of transcript and degree) have to be sent by the awarding university in a sealed envelope that is signed across the flap of the envelop.

In case of my wife one of her university charged for the package and sent it. Her other university returned her a sealed envelope containing the filled form, transcript and degree and she sent it herself.

The universities in Pakistan know that foreign universities need documents to be sent directly. So if you visit and explain them they should be able to enclose all three in a envelop, seal the envelop with a sign and stamp across the flap and give it to you. If they agree to sending themselves it is great, otherwise you can take the envelop and You can then send IQAS through DHL.

Just make sure you do not send everything together. IQAS expects two packages. One from you and other from University. So even if your University does not mail the envelop and all you to do it, send them separately.

Which is your University btw?

Reactions: Saad060

Shafiqa

Jan 14, 2018
IQAS requires documents to be sent in sealed envelope by university. There is no requirement of HEC and they might not even accept envelope from HEC. A friend of mine got ECA for his bachelor and masters degree from IQAS. He got the sealed envelopes from both universities and sent himself through different couriers himself (putting university's address as FROM address. He got his ECA within a month.
My degrees are not attested from HEC Pakistan can I send them to IQAS for evaluation ??

Thanks in advance

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
My degrees are not attested from HEC Pakistan can I send them to IQAS for evaluation ??

Thanks in advance
HEC attestation is not required. Just check the IQAS website to see if the university from where you graduated is mentioned as the university, whose degrees they evaluate. If they do, you will have to ask your university to send them an attested copy of your degree and transcript for evaluation.

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
guys only have mark sheet for my Masters and degree is not been rewarded. Can i go along on the basis of the Mark Sheets only.