+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS for pakistani students - URGENT help needed :(

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

I have heard that IQAS has become pretty fast in terms of sending equivalency report.

On their website, I read that they just need post secondary documents for evaluation. Could someone, who might have exp with IQAS, please let me know if Bachelors and Masters degree need to be sent through HEC or through universities ?

Thank you!

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arslanellahi said:
All,

I have heard that IQAS has become pretty fast in terms of sending equivalency report.

On their website, I read that they just need post secondary documents for evaluation. Could someone, who might have exp with IQAS, please let me know if Bachelors and Masters degree need to be sent through HEC or through universities ?

Thank you!
Arsalan, the rule for degrees remain the same for all agencies. All degrees must be in a sealed envelope and signed by HEC. You have two choices with you. Either you ask HEC to send your documents to IQAS directly or you go to their courier service in Abpara and ask them to deliver it to IQAS. Either way is fine and will not cause any problem. I did the same steps. Although I was not in Islamabad, my brother did all these steps for me.

Reactions: Shafiqa

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedahraza said:
Arsalan, the rule for degrees remain the same for all agencies. All degrees must be in a sealed envelope and signed by HEC. You have two choices with you. Either you ask HEC to send your documents to IQAS directly or you go to their courier service in Abpara and ask them to deliver it to IQAS. Either way is fine and will not cause any problem. I did the same steps. Although I was not in Islamabad, my brother did all these steps for me.
Wow Thanks once again Syed. So I can just take the sealed envelope from HEC and courier it myself from a good courier service right ?

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arslanellahi said:
Wow Thanks once again Syed. So I can just take the sealed envelope from HEC and courier it myself from a good courier service right ?
Better to courier from the same service which HEC uses. I did the same.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OCS is the service which handles all shipments for HEC:

http://ocs.com.pk/

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedahraza said:
OCS is the service which handles all shipments for HEC:

http://ocs.com.pk/
Hey so after doing further research on this, I got to know that for IQAS there is no need to involve HEC. We can just get the copies certified from respective universities.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arslanellahi said:
Hey so after doing further research on this, I got to know that for IQAS there is no need to involve HEC. We can just get the copies certified from respective universities.
It is even better then.

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
IQAS requires documents to be sent in sealed envelope by university. There is no requirement of HEC and they might not even accept envelope from HEC. A friend of mine got ECA for his bachelor and masters degree from IQAS. He got the sealed envelopes from both universities and sent himself through different couriers himself (putting university's address as FROM address. He got his ECA within a month.

Reactions: Shafiqa

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imrankhan2015 said:
IQAS requires documents to be sent in sealed envelope by university. There is no requirement of HEC and they might not even accept envelope from HEC. A friend of mine got ECA for his bachelor and masters degree from IQAS. He got the sealed envelopes from both universities and sent himself through different couriers himself (putting university's address as FROM address. He got his ECA within a month.
Thanks for your response. What if I send both envelopes in a single courier ? could that be an issue ?

Just want to save some bucks here :(

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have sent all documents from both universities in different university sealed envelopes and sent it through a single courier (in one large envelope). Hoping to get positive result from IQAS at earliest.. Pray for me guys :mad:

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will hopefully. Have a positive attitude.

Keep us updated.

mhasnain

Feb 8, 2017
Hi,
Can anyone tell me about the procedure for IQAS ?
I am confused about the following statement.
a signed copy of the attached application form; ...................... I need to send it
a completed copy of the attached IQAS checklist; ...................... I need to send it
copies of your academic credential(s); ...................... I need to send it
original transcripts/ mark sheets (must be sent directly to IQAS by each educational institution listed on your application form);. ................ University needs to send it........

now the word original means university need to send my original mark sheet and the degree in sealed envelope? Is my understanding correct? or they also need to send attested photocopies of my documents.

Your urgent response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Muhammad

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Arslanellahi said:
I have sent all documents from both universities in different university sealed envelopes and sent it through a single courier (in one large envelope). Hoping to get positive result from IQAS at earliest.. Pray for me guys :mad:
Let us know about the outcome of your ECA application.

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhasnain said:
Hi,
Can anyone tell me about the procedure for IQAS ?
I am confused about the following statement.
a signed copy of the attached application form; ...................... I need to send it
a completed copy of the attached IQAS checklist; ...................... I need to send it
copies of your academic credential(s); ...................... I need to send it
original transcripts/ mark sheets (must be sent directly to IQAS by each educational institution listed on your application form);. ................ University needs to send it........

now the word original means university need to send my original mark sheet and the degree in sealed envelope? Is my understanding correct? or they also need to send attested photocopies of my documents.

Your urgent response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Muhammad
As far as I know, attested photocopies should be fine. You do not need to send original degree or transcript.

In my application, just to be on safe side, I sent attested photocopies of Degree and Transcript accompanied with Original transcript in a sealed envelope. Also, I sent that university sealed envelope myself using TCS.

I got notification from IQAS on Monday of this week that they have received the package. I am still waiting for results of my evaluation.