+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS for pakistani students - URGENT help needed :(

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
imrankhan2015 said:
IQAS requires documents to be sent in sealed envelope by university. There is no requirement of HEC and they might not even accept envelope from HEC. A friend of mine got ECA for his bachelor and masters degree from IQAS. He got the sealed envelopes from both universities and sent himself through different couriers himself (putting university's address as FROM address. He got his ECA within a month.
Dear Imran
He put university address in from section but where he would get his evaluation report to university or his own home address??

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moonarch said:
Dear Imran
He put university address in from section but where he would get his evaluation report to university or his own home address??
Home Address bcz Applicant Applied for the ECA, not the University.

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
moonarch said:
Dear Imran
ofcourse to his home address.

But the issue is that IQAS requires the envelope to be signed, sealed and DIRECTLY sent by the respective university. He got the signed and sealed envelopes from university, but he sent them together in the same envelope which shows that the envelope was not sent DIRECTLY by the university. I don't know what will IQAS do in this situation.

My recommendation was to spend a few more bucks and send the envelopes separately on different dates and through different couriers. My friend did the same thing and he received his ECA in about 20 days from IQAS.

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imrankhan2015 said:
ofcourse to his home address.

But the issue is that IQAS requires the envelope to be signed, sealed and DIRECTLY sent by the respective university. He got the signed and sealed envelopes from university, but he sent them together in the same envelope which shows that the envelope was not sent DIRECTLY by the university. I don't know what will IQAS do in this situation.

My recommendation was to spend a few more bucks and send the envelopes separately on different dates and through different couriers. My friend did the same thing and he received his ECA in about 20 days from IQAS.
Well the envelops from the university r sealed (Sealed doesn't mean just closing the mouth of the envelop with the help of tape, it mean properly stamping the cover of envelop mouth with authentic stamp)and where you can easily recognize that weather the seal was previously tempered or not.

I don't see any problem in this.

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Ascent said:
Well the envelops from the university r sealed (Sealed doesn't mean just closing the mouth of the envelop with the help of tape, it mean properly stamping the cover of envelop mouth with authentic stamp)and where you can easily recognize that weather the seal was previously tempered or not.

I don't see any problem in this.
I hope it should do the job.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Hope it helps:

Detailed Steps of IQAS:

I had two degrees which I wanted to assess from IQAS:

BACHELORS OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
SIR SYED UUNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY aka (SSUET)

MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
INSTITUE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT aka (CBM/IoBM)

Applying online and payment of fees:

I created an account on IQAS website and completed online form (iqas.work.alberta.ca/eca#/)

Before starting this you need to have your school, college and universities' documents with you.

You need to have your debit/credit card with you (IQAS accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit or Interac), I used Mastercard Credit Card.

It will take around 15-30 minutes to complete the application.

After submitting your application, you must get notification email with the application form and document checklist attached.

IQAS reference number is "Application Id" in your email. It is also mentioned in the application form (Bottom left corner of each page)

Reference number is important, note it down as it must be mentioned in the transcript request forms which you will submit in universities for the degree/transcript verification.

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from IoBM:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Email the filled form to "transcripts.grades@iobm.edu.pk". Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my MBA

I visited transcript office which is adjacent to M.S Sabina room.

Request the representative to verify your copies and fill the form which you sent via email earlier.

He will verify (stamp) your degrees, fill and print the form. You must sign the form and write the date on the form. After that, he will accompany you to MS Sabina office to have her signature on the form.

You will have to submit 50 RS in finance department for the IoBM official seal. Get the receipt and get back to MS Sabina office, the assistant will then show you signed forms and stamps, check the information carefully as they are going to be sealed now. Give receipt to the MS Sabina assistant and he will seal the envelope containing:

Your verified color copy of transcript
Your verified color copy of degree
Transcript request form (IQAS)

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from SSUET:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Print a copy of the form. Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form. Sign it and write the date on the form.

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my BS (CE). In addition to this, you must bring your SSC-matric certificate copy.

Visit SSUET examination department and ask for a request-sealed-form. Also, ask the verification fees of per document although it must be in the request form.

Go inside the examination department to meet MS. Sumera and show her your original degree, transcript and filled form. She will compare the information on the form + degree, and will give you go ahead to submit your documents at the counter.

Fill the SSUET verification request form. Collect the voucher from the examination department and pay the fees in university' bank.

You must now have the following documents:

Color copy of your transcript
Color copy of your degree
Copy of your SSC-matric certificate
Transcript request form (IQAS)
Verification request form (SSUET)
Paid Voucher

Submit them to the examination counter and get the receipt, receipt will show that the working time for the verification is 15 days although it can be done in a week if you request them to have them sooner.

Mailing the documents to IQAS:

Print the application form as it is which you received after payment, sign and write date on it.

Fill the document checklist and print it out too.

Make color copies of your transcripts and degrees.

Now you will have these documents with you:

Application form (received from IQAS after payment) Print it and sign it
Document checklist form (received from IQAS after payment) Filled and print it.
Color copy of your transcript/s
Color copy of your Degree/s
Color copy of your SSC-matric certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your HSC-inter certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your passport (First four pages)
Sealed envelope of IoBM
Sealed envelope of SSUET

Now send them all to the address mentioned in the application form.

Note:

Matric inter certificates were optional, I sent them anyways.

Verification of university degrees are optional too, I sent them anyways.

I was worried about my name difference, as I have the following scenario:
My name was "Syed Jon Doe Zaidi" on my passport and CNIC. However, my name in all educational documents were "Jon Doe". I created an affidavit on 100 rupees stamp paper in which I mentioned that both are same persons and sent this with my all documents too.

I also mentioned in the checklist document that my universities asked me to send sealed envelopes on their behalf and IQAS can contact the universities to verify this.

Timelines:

Documents submitted at Fed ex: 21 Jan, 2016
Documents delivered to IQAS: 25 Jan, 2016
First confirmation email from IQAS: 26 Jan, 2016
Second confirmation email from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017 (Got the ECA results. Attached online certificate in a PDF form)
Documents dispatched from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017
Documents delivered to me: Have not given me any tracking number (Who cares, I can submit my profile, right?)

Results of ECA:
BS SSUET (Pak) = four year bachelor degree (Canada)
MBA CBM (Pak) = Master of business administration degree (Canada)

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
Dear All,

do IQAS require Inter and matriculation also from the respective boards? Anyone did it with only university degrees and got the ECA report?

Please confirm.

Thanks.

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizwan150 said:
Dear All,

do IQAS require Inter and matriculation also from the respective boards? Anyone did it with only university degrees and got the ECA report?

Please confirm.

Thanks.
It is only universities degrees. I got evaluation result for my wife on Friday of last week. I got it in 14 business days.

Thanks!

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
Arslanellahi said:
It is only universities degrees. I got evaluation result for my wife on Friday of last week. I got it in 14 business days.

Thanks!
Thanks for your prompt response.

Please let me know, when you sent the courier (You put both university attested sealed envelopes in one courier) yourself? And which address you put in the From Field ?

What about other stuff, other than sealed envelopes, there is a need to send the signed application etc, all documents mentioned in checklist, like photo copies, application, fee confirmation etc ?

Appreciate further clarification in this regard.

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizwan150 said:
Thanks for your prompt response.

Please let me know, when you sent the courier (You put both university attested sealed envelopes in one courier) yourself? And which address you put in the From Field ?

What about other stuff, other than sealed envelopes, there is a need to send the signed application etc, all documents mentioned in checklist, like photo copies, application, fee confirmation etc ?

Appreciate further clarification in this regard.
I had to send bachelors and masters both so got them sealed in different envelopes from respective universities and then added both sealed envelopes into one large envelope and sent it through TCS myself. I added my own address in 'FROM' section of the envelope.

I sent all other stuff that you have mentioned. Signed application, documents checklist, photo copies, fee confirmation, passport photocopy, Original transcript (optional). I also sent original transcripts but dont think you need to send them since many people have successfully received their evaluation without sending original transcripts. I just did not want to take any chances.

Hope this helps!

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
Hi

Can we use this service for any province? I mean is this province related or we can use it in general for Canadian Immigration purposes.

Thanks
A.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Arslanellahi said:
I had to send bachelors and masters both so got them sealed in different envelopes from respective universities and then added both sealed envelopes into one large envelope and sent it through TCS myself. I added my own address in 'FROM' section of the envelope.

I sent all other stuff that you have mentioned. Signed application, documents checklist, photo copies, fee confirmation, passport photocopy, Original transcript (optional). I also sent original transcripts but dont think you need to send them since many people have successfully received their evaluation without sending original transcripts. I just did not want to take any chances.

Hope this helps!
Please update what is your current status in evaluation, and please report when your evaluation is completed. And the transcripts should directly be sent by university so even if you had got transcripts sealed in university envelope then why you sent it with your address? Do you justified it by sending a letter with it that why are you doing this? And if we do it will it cause any objection? Please reply

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Please update what is your current status in evaluation, and please report when your evaluation is completed. And the transcripts should directly be sent by university so even if you had got transcripts sealed in university envelope then why you sent it with your address? Do you justified it by sending a letter with it that why are you doing this? And if we do it will it cause any objection? Please reply
I have already mentioned in one of my above comments that I have got the evaluation already and that too in 14 business days. I did not justify nothing. Most of the people who use IQAS for evaluation send university sealed envelopes on their own. So as long as the university seal is not tampered, you should be good to go.

Thanks!

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Arslanellahi said:
I have already mentioned in one of my above comments that I have got the evaluation already and that too in 14 business days. I did not justify nothing. Most of the people who use IQAS for evaluation send university sealed envelopes on their own. So as long as the university seal is not tampered, you should be good to go.

Thanks!
Sir please check your inbox i have send you a PM