+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA Assessment

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
For me 9th week has commenced since my documents were delivered to IQAS. Fingers crossed for ECA this week, that is if they actually mean 9 weeks from document delivery and not from acknowledgement... :( I guess i'll know by Friday...

Patience is a super power.

Sabakamran

Aug 14, 2017
Hi hira... How many acknowledgement mails did u recieve??? I have recieced one acknowledgement mail for my application documents not for my educational documents. Although both were delivered on the same day... This is the mail they sent

Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your application was received by the IQAS office. Once the academic documents you requested from your institution arrive in our office we will send you a second email and your file will be placed in line for processing.

What do u think i should do???

For me 9th week has commenced since my documents were delivered to IQAS. Fingers crossed for ECA this week, that is if they actually mean 9 weeks from document delivery and not from acknowledgement... :( I guess i'll know by Friday...

Patience is a super power.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hi hira... How many acknowledgement mails did u recieve??? I have recieced one acknowledgement mail for my application documents not for my educational documents. Although both were delivered on the same day... This is the mail they sent

Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your application was received by the IQAS office. Once the academic documents you requested from your institution arrive in our office we will send you a second email and your file will be placed in line for processing.

What do u think i should do???
Hey,

I sent both my documents and application in a single package so only received one acknowledgment. I received the following acknowledgment message:

Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office and your file is now placed in line for processing. Please visit www.iqas.alberta.ca for the current processing time.

I think you should send a query through their contact form on the website if they don't answer their phone. Maybe your file is already in processing and they didn't send second acknowledgment.

All the best.

Sabakamran

Aug 14, 2017
Thankiu hira.. Plz tell what did u included in the package... Did u send the sealed package from ur institution by yourself??? Or did u include everything in one sealed document??? I am thinking i should send the package again...

Hey,

I sent both my documents and application in a single package so only received one acknowledgment. I received the following acknowledgment message:

Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office and your file is now placed in line for processing. Please visit www.iqas.alberta.ca for the current processing time.

I think you should send a query through their contact form on the website if they don't answer their phone. Maybe your file is already in processing and they didn't send second acknowledgment.

All the best.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Thankiu hira.. Plz tell what did u included in the package... Did u send the sealed package from ur institution by yourself??? Or did u include everything in one sealed document??? I am thinking i should send the package again...
In single package i included my application form and within that i put the sealed envelope from university. I explained in the application that i am sending sealed documents myself as university refused to mail it. Don't send it again, hear from them first. I've mailed them twice using contact form and they have responded in 3-4 business days always. Why don't you reach them first before wasting money and effort sending it again?

Sabakamran

Aug 14, 2017
I can not find any contact form on their visit.. :( plz tell me the way to contact them.. Should i mail them or should i directly call them.. Where did u get the contact form

Sabakamran

Aug 14, 2017
I have found the contact form hira..thankiu soo much for telling me about.. I am gonna send them a message now via this form... I was very worried.. Thanks a lot dear..

Reactions: hirasalam

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
I have found the contact form hira..thankiu soo much for telling me about.. I am gonna send them a message now via this form... I was very worried.. Thanks a lot dear..
No problem at all, dear. Wish you all the best.

Always happy to help. :)

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Bummer !!! :(

I emailed IQAS for status update and even though I got an automated response, I got my answer :

"
Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes status updates
You will receive three email updates during the process:
  • Email 1: Your application package was received by IQAS. This email will also confirm your file number (different than the reference number generated during online application).
  • Email 2: All the academic documents sent by the issuing institution(s) arrived at IQAS. The processing time, of approximately 9-10 weeks, begins now. If your assessment requires multiple documents to be sent from different locations, this email will only be generated after all documents are received. If your academic documents arrive prior to your application you will not receive any emails until the application package is received. In this case Email 1 confirms both: receipt of application package and transcripts.
  • Email 3: The assessment process is complete. This email will include an electronic copy of your assessment. A paper copy of your assessment will be mailed to you at this stage."
So, I guess I have to wait another 4-5 weeks. This is really unnerving as processing time was 30 days when I sent my application. :(:(

Reactions: yogi24

Csudine

Jul 16, 2016

Hello! Since I have received the same email, I'm interested if anyone is facing this same problem. I sent all my documents on 5th of July and I only got this email since then. They said that they had received my online application as well as my payment. And once they receive my academic transcripts and so on... Do you have a piece of advice for me? I'm worried about the whole process. It's been the period of two months and about ten days since I sent all the documents.
You should write them saying when your transcripts arrived via courier and state that it has been x days.

Csudine

Jul 16, 2016
Bummer !!! :(

I emailed IQAS for status update and even though I got an automated response, I got my answer :

"
Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes status updates
You will receive three email updates during the process:
  • Email 1: Your application package was received by IQAS. This email will also confirm your file number (different than the reference number generated during online application).
  • Email 2: All the academic documents sent by the issuing institution(s) arrived at IQAS. The processing time, of approximately 9-10 weeks, begins now. If your assessment requires multiple documents to be sent from different locations, this email will only be generated after all documents are received. If your academic documents arrive prior to your application you will not receive any emails until the application package is received. In this case Email 1 confirms both: receipt of application package and transcripts.
  • Email 3: The assessment process is complete. This email will include an electronic copy of your assessment. A paper copy of your assessment will be mailed to you at this stage."
So, I guess I have to wait another 4-5 weeks. This is really unnerving as processing time was 30 days when I sent my application. :(:(
Yes the processing time changed in August.

Csudine

Jul 16, 2016
I am also worried about it.. Have you checked the status of ur documents delivery from courrier service?? Helloo knock knock is there anyone who has recieved a 2nd mail and after how much time period???
I received only after enquiry and I stated time of delivery + date.

Csudine

Jul 16, 2016
Hello ppl.. After a month of sending my documents, today i have finally recieved my 1st mail from iqas.. Which says:

But i dont understand what does this mean that once the academic docs u requested from ur instituion arrive in our office we will send u a 2nd mail????
I have already the sealed envelop from my institution and it was delivered on the same date as my other docs...

I am confuse and should i send then the sealed envelop from my universityy again???
Write them date of delivery.

marijaenglishteacher

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Can anyone tell me...hpw much time they take to send a 2nd acknowledgement mail...they have send me the 1st mail.. N when should i expect the 2nd mail???
Today I finally received the second email, saying that all my academic documents were received and are in line for processing. What a relief! By the way, I sent my documents on 5th July.