+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA Assessment

D4444

Jun 27, 2020
Hi, I have transcripts from university, but due to pandemic cannot go to the university which is in another state. Should I send transcripts directly to IQAS mailing address? OR do I require university mailing address pincode only? Will IQAS reject my application if mailing address is different from university pincode?

Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,
while filling up the application form there is question as
Have you requested original documents for your credentials be sent directly to IQAS? No Ye
Mumbai university does not send directly so I will be sending the sealed documents.
in that case do i need to select 'No'?
if i select No and proceed then it gives me popup saying evaluation wont process until we receive docs from the institution.
what should I do?
please help.
Hi Reeyapt,

So what did you selected , as I am also sending the transcripts directly instead of sending it through the university

jobansahi

Jul 7, 2020
Hi, i need help with my ECA from IQAS. i did three year technical diploma after 10th and i got the results from iqas it says canadian equivalency is "post-secondary certificate with a focus in computer engineering and i have completed my diploma in 2015 it in the report of iqas it says YEAR AWARDED:2016 is it right or wrong? i got my actual diploma certificate in 2016 though. please reply ASAP thank you

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hi all,

My degree program’s official title is “Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physics with a second major in Mathematical Sciences”. I actually did at least 44 more nonoverlapping credit hours to get my “second major in Mathematical Sciences” compared to just a usual “Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physics”. I did both the Physics Bachelor and Mathematics second major over four years.

I did my ECA with WES and inputted these two in application’s credential:
  1. Bachelor of Science in Physics with Honours (Highest Distinction)
  2. Second Major in Mathematical Sciences

I separated the credential into two with hopes to get (1) evaluated as “Bachelor’s degree (four years)” and (2) as a “University certificate equivalent” so that I can select the “Two or more certificates” options. One of the issues is I only have one transcript for both of the credentials. I have two certificates when I graduate though.

This is WES’ ECA reports:

‘’’
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: ABCDE
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2018
Awarded By: ABCDE
Major: Physics and Mathematical Sciences
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
‘’’
So, they combined my degree into one Bachelor's degree with two majors which do not take into account the extra 44 credit hours compared to only one Bachelor’s degree that I took to get my second major.

I am considering doing another ECA with IQAS. Will I have a chance to get my second major as a university certificate equivalent if I do ECA again at IQAS? Probably, the only issues that I can think of are:
  1. I only have one transcript instead of two.
  2. There are overlap courses or credit hours required for my Physics bachelor and Mathematics second major. There are at least 44 non-overlap credit hours though which are more than enough for University certificate or even diploma in Canada.

Will it be worth it to try ECA with IQAS (or other possible organizations that are more lenient than WES)? Does anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks, everyone!

harpreetkour

Aug 19, 2019
Hello, I have done an ECA evaluation of my Bachelor and masters degree (BBA and MBA from IK Gujral University) last year. WES gave a bachelor's equivalence to both the degrees. I am thinking of sending my master's degree (Only) to IQAS for evaluation this time. Should I go for it? Is it valid to submit evaluation done by two different organisations.

suraj_srj

Mar 1, 2020
Finally Got my ECA report, Positive Outcome, Super happy!!!

Masters Equivalency.

My timeline:

Application Package + Transcripts delivered to IQAS: June 20, 2018
AOR2: July 20, 2018

ECA Soft Copy: Sept 22, 2018
Hi from which agency u did ECA?

DID u send both masters and bachelors?

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Honestly, can't really say whether it will be accepted by IQAS. You will just have to apply and check.

Good lcuk!!
Congratulations on your landing. I like seeing people's signature on their progression and I especially love to see them landing. You just landed 2 days ago.

Oct 1, 2020
I applied for ECA of my one year PGDEMS from Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences Pune (affiliated to Symbiosis International University) AOR2 5th Nov. However, my status changed from "in line for processing" to "On Hold". Furthermore, I received an email from the assessing officer that my assessment is on hold for the reason "Transcripts/marks sheets for your PG diploma program must be issued and sealed by the Symbiosis International University (not by the Simbiosis Institute of Health Sciences)" and have requested me to get the transcripts sent by university. As per university guidelines for issuing transcripts, university only issues transcripts for degree programs under CGPA and for marking system and diplomas, the transcripts are issued by the respective institute/institution. This is mentioned on University's website as well on the transcript application form. I am a bit confused and not sure, if I sent the above justification as reply to IQAS, would they accept this and do a successful evaluation or can this lead to a negative assessment. Is it mandatory to have transcripts issued and sealed by university? Has anyone faced similar issue and what was the outcome? Look forward to inputs from the forum.

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Hi Friends,

Am sure, many questions has been asked in this topic. I wanted to know the latest update

Should i send my bachelors degree along with Masters to IQAS to get master equivalency report? The thing is with bachelors, the process will get delayed for another 4-6 weeks. So if they evaluate masters degree without bachelor, then i can save time.

Appreciate your respone

deenubehara1989

Apr 20, 2020
Hi Friends,

Am sure, many questions has been asked in this topic. I wanted to know the latest update

Should i send my bachelors degree along with Masters to IQAS to get master equivalency report? The thing is with bachelors, the process will get delayed for another 4-6 weeks. So if they evaluate masters degree without bachelor, then i can save time.

Appreciate your respone
I understood that you are only keen to get your masters degree evaluated. However, while filling in the application, did you mention both Bachelors degree details and Masters degree details? or did you mention only Masters degree details?

shrilekha

Jun 15, 2020
Hi friends,

Please help me.

I have completed one year PGdm from SCDL. Is it worth sending the degree for Wes evaluation because most of them got rejections. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

AnjaliB

Dec 16, 2020
Hi Friends,

I had got my 2 years Post Graduate Diploma evaluated from IQAS and the report came out as "Post Graduate Diploma generally compares to the completion of a University Diploma". With this result I will be getting very low points as per CRS tool. Can someone please advise me if I should also get my 3 years bachelor's degree evaluated? and should I do it from IQAS only?

Please advise, if you have some information or have faced the same issue.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
My assessment has been stuck in final review since December 4th. Any one ever experienced this. There is no fluctuation or anything. Just Final Review anytime I logged in.

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hi Friends,

I had got my 2 years Post Graduate Diploma evaluated from IQAS and the report came out as "Post Graduate Diploma generally compares to the completion of a University Diploma". With this result I will be getting very low points as per CRS tool. Can someone please advise me if I should also get my 3 years bachelor's degree evaluated? and should I do it from IQAS only?

Please advise, if you have some information or have faced the same issue.
Hi AnjaliB,
Congratulation for getting the ECA done by IQAS. Few details of your question will help to guide you more clearly.

1) When you got the ECA done ?
2) What type of degree you/Agent select for completed ECA ?
3) Are you calculating score on Tool or your EE form(Boath calculate same but in tool we tend to make mistake)
4) If you are getting "CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 112" your total score is more than 122 then u filled the correct one.

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hi friends,

Please help me.

I have completed one year PGdm from SCDL. Is it worth sending the degree for Wes evaluation because most of them got rejections. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Shrilekha,
You know the response then no point in jumping in same trouble.
Try anything other then WES.