+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA Assessment

sameer12345

Aug 15, 2018
Approx 90 Days from Receipt of All Documents by Them

May 22nd ( All docs : Personal and transcript in packet delivered)
AOR 2 : June 25
ECA soft copy : Last Week ~ Aug 17
Hard Copy : Aug 21
Hi,
While filling the online application form for IQAS, there was provision to provide only one educational qualification. And I provided the details of my MBA and made the payment of $275. There were no provision to provide details of my Degree(B.Tech). Now what will I have to do for them to evaluate my B.Tech also. Kindly advise me.

SabrinaSA13

Aug 13, 2015
Hi,

I'd like to ask how the IQAS Transcript Request Form is filled: it has a space for applicant's signature. Does this mean that I have to fill it, then 'print' it out, sign and then send it to my university by mail/courier? Or should I just fill it and then email the PDF to my university without signing it? Please advise.

I'd also like to ask if IQAS evaluates a diploma in Fitness and Nutrition done through distance learning from 2000 to 2002?

Last edited:

neethakarthan

Aug 30, 2018
Hello Guys,

Hope you are all doing well.

Just wanted to clarify few things and need expert advice on how to go about ECA for IQAS.
I have the Master’s Degree (MBA) and also the Bachelors (B.Sc) and I want to get the ECA done.
So, do I need to send the Transcripts of both the degrees or only MBA is enough ?

Appreciate if anyone here can help me out.
Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Ayesha

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Hello Guys,

Hope you are all doing well.

Just wanted to clarify few things and need expert advice on how to go about ECA for IQAS.
I have the Master’s Degree (MBA) and also the Bachelors (B.Sc) and I want to get the ECA done.
So, do I need to send the Transcripts of both the degrees or only MBA is enough ?

Appreciate if anyone here can help me out.
Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Ayesha
You would need to send both the transcripts.

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Hi all,

I have sent my docs to IQAS for assessment of my regular graduation degree from Calcutta University and Corporate PGDBA from SCDL. The docs have been recd by IQAS on 2-Aug. I am yet to get any confirmation email from them. Considering the time they take in processing the transcripts, has anyone been lucky enough to get it earlier than 12-13 weeks??

I called to check with them as in which week's mails are they processing and they mentioned they are into mails received on 3-Jul. And I shall expect a response by Sep first week and then the 12-13 weeks period starts... Is it true? I was calculating 12-13 weeks from 2-Aug.

Is there a way it can be expedited???
Hi there!

Have you received the email from them yet?

Krish00kk

Mar 31, 2018
Hi there!

Have you received the email from them yet?
I just received an email last night from them. Courier was received by them on 2-Aug and email received from them on 30-Aug about docs being received by them.

By when can I expect the assessment to be completed?? 12 weeks from 2-Aug or 12 weeks from 30-Aug???

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
I just received an email last night from them. Courier was received by them on 2-Aug and email received from them on 30-Aug about docs being received by them.

By when can I expect the assessment to be completed?? 12 weeks from 2-Aug or 12 weeks from 30-Aug???
Hi Krish,

Great that you got the confirmation email. 12 Weeks start from the time documents were delivered to them, so ideally max 2 more months for you (or may be less). My documents were delivered yesterday, so seems a long time for me. Well, I have updated the details here - https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/educational-credential-assessment You may also update details there, so many folks update there, so you will keep getting a fair idea about whats happening with others.

Last edited:

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
But, their website says, send only the certificates that you want to get assessed and claim points.
Agree! But I would still suggest you to send both Bachelor's and Masters; in fact many others members earlier also discussed the same. They won't charge you extra (though there might be some effort to get the transcripts, but worth it). In many cases i read that they don't recognize Masters as equivalent to candian masters, in that case bachelor degree will be savior and you will be counted for two or more certificate category etc.

Prince113

Aug 31, 2018
Hello all

Can you please confirm me that I did PGDITM from SCDL in year 2016-2018, if I go for ECA from IQAS, will they definitely approve my credentials?

If yes, This will be consider under "Two or more degree..." category??

Please! Please! Please help!

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Hello all

Can you please confirm me that I did PGDITM from SCDL in year 2016-2018, if I go for ECA from IQAS, will they definitely approve my credentials?

If yes, This will be consider under "Two or more degree..." category??

Please! Please! Please help!
Well as per all other member's discussions WES don't recognize SCDL for sure; though people had positive evaluation from IQAS (there is nothing definite, but high chance that IQAS will do, as they did for others too). If they do, then, ideally Bachelor + SCDL should combined will fall in Two or More Degree/Certificate category for points.

neethakarthan

Aug 30, 2018
Agree! But I would still suggest you to send both Bachelor's and Masters; in fact many others members earlier also discussed the same. They won't charge you extra (though there might be some effort to get the transcripts, but worth it). In many cases i read that they don't recognize Masters as equivalent to candian masters, in that case bachelor degree will be savior and you will be counted for two or more certificate category etc.

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

I did my MBA from Bharathiar University in Inida and it's the Distance Education. Hope IQAS does ECA for Distance Studeis.

Pls revert.

yogi24

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018

I did my MBA from Bharathiar University in Inida and it's the Distance Education. Hope IQAS does ECA for Distance Studeis.

Pls revert.

Pls revert.
People had positive results with IQAS for distance education (while WES rejects), so perhaps IQAS is the only option for you; but don't expect that they will give you canadian MBA degree equivalency for distance education. Hence, its good for you to send Bachelors transcripts as well; so you will get points under "Two or more certificate" after successful evaluation. Keep updating us your status on evaluation process, sending documents etc. since most of us are on same ship, so good to know the process and timings.

Krish00kk

Mar 31, 2018
Hi Krish,

Great that you got the confirmation email. 12 Weeks start from the time documents were delivered to them, so ideally max 2 more months for you (or may be less). My documents were delivered yesterday, so seems a long time for me. Well, I have updated the details here - https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/educational-credential-assessment You may also update details there, so many folks update there, so you will keep getting a fair idea about whats happening with others.
Thanks buddy, I updated the tracker and got a tentative idea from it too :)

Krish00kk

Mar 31, 2018
I have sent transcripts of my bachelors degree from Calcutta University and Corporate PGDBA from SCDL Pune. Considering it was a distance learning course, what will be granted to me?
1. Three-year or more post-secondary credential, or
2. Two or more post-secondary credentials with atleast one being 3+ years, or
3. Master's or Entry-to-practice professional degree?

You guys can give a tentative idea around it based on your experiences.