+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"INTERVIEWS" FOR NEW DELHI APPLICANTS

AnaSax

Sep 27, 2012
VISA WAIT HELP! PLEASE HELP :$ INTERVIEW ON THE 22ND AUGUST, V.O. SAID WE WOULD KNOW OF THE DECISION IN 3-4 WEEKS! STILL WAITING!!

So here's the thing. My father and step-mom got married in 2011 August. My mom's from India while we stay in Canada. So we sponsored her to come to Canada in November 2011. We had all the necessary documents required, the medical was done quick and easy. Basically, in short, all the paper work went by easily. Here's the deal. When the Visa officer called her for an interview in India, both me and my dad travelled there to support and accompany her. The day she gave her visa interview, we expected the Visa Officer to call my dad in and talk to him as well, however she didn't. Which is...unusual in a way...I mean come on, we travelled to India all the way from Canada this August and she wouldn't bother talk to us...It's just when we, my dad and I, were sitting outside waiting for my mom's chance for the interview, we saw other VOs call the applicant's spouse in as well. Anywho, the VO asked her many questions such as:

1.) How could you marry a man with a 16 year-old girl (me)?
Mom - I liked his daughter and she is mature and adjusted well with me and we have a good relationship. She helped encourage mine and my husband's relationship as well.

2.) How could you marry him after only seeing him 2 days?
Mom - We have been talking on Skype since April 2011 everyday (yes everyday). And we decided that the relation was good so we decided to marry in August.

3.) Why did he not visit you for one year (between 2011 and 2012 August, my mom's interview was on 22 August.)
Mom- My husband couldn't visit due to his work and also main reason - his PR expired on 15 August 2011, so they had to leave on the 12th. (They got married on the 8th.) And also his daughter couldn't miss school.

4.) Why did he not marry for 7 years after his wife died?
Mom - Well he wanted to get settled in Canada with a proper job and he was mainly looking for a woman that would adjust with his daughter.

5.) How could you marry after 1 year of your divorce? (to my mom ofc.)
Mom - It was mine and my husband's parent's idea and decision. And I wanted to settle down as well. (If she married any later she would be of too old an age.)

6.) How could you marry again on your parent's consent when your first marriage, decided by them, ended in divorce?
Mom- It ended in divorce as I wasn't able to have a baby, but here I have a daughter, and we have a good relation, so it seemed like a good decision.

My mom kept her composure throughout the VOs questions, her nagging and snapping and rudeness. In the end when the VO asked my mom, what she would do if her visa is to be rejected, my mom told her that her husband and his daughter would have to leave Canada and settle in India with her (which is true, mind you). I know that the relation might not exactly seem genuine as they didn't live together, but after the marriage we have continued talking to her everyday and gave the VO the whole Skype record (yes the whole thing, I kid you not) And she kept it. I sent my mom a letter with wishes and love on her anniversary which the VO also read very thoroughly, as my mom puts it. After the interview they said we would know the decision in 3-4 weeks. Well I am here with this question since 3-4 weeks have gone by, and there is no sign of a decision made. We check online the status of the visa application and it is still in process...umm what I am looking for is any help or suggestions on this topic...if there is anything we can do or expect or simply wait. BTW, we came to India on 18th August, went to the interview on the 22nd and are here till 30 Oct. Her visa decision will greatly affect whether we stay or go. (If she gets it, we all go together, if, god forbid, she doesn't, we all stay here in India). This also affects my studies back in Canada and my dad's job. So any thoughts, remarks, suggestions, anything? Please help :$ Thank you in advance. Just desperately waiting for the visa. I can't wait to settle down with her in Canada and have my family life back!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
AnaSax said:
VISA WAIT HELP! PLEASE HELP :$ INTERVIEW ON THE 22ND AUGUST, V.O. SAID WE WOULD KNOW OF THE DECISION IN 3-4 WEEKS! STILL WAITING!!

So here's the thing. My father and step-mom got married in 2011 August. My mom's from India while we stay in Canada. So we sponsored her to come to Canada in November 2011. We had all the necessary documents required, the medical was done quick and easy. Basically, in short, all the paper work went by easily. Here's the deal. When the Visa officer called her for an interview in India, both me and my dad travelled there to support and accompany her. The day she gave her visa interview, we expected the Visa Officer to call my dad in and talk to him as well, however she didn't. Which is...unusual in a way...I mean come on, we travelled to India all the way from Canada this August and she wouldn't bother talk to us...It's just when we, my dad and I, were sitting outside waiting for my mom's chance for the interview, we saw other VOs call the applicant's spouse in as well. Anywho, the VO asked her many questions such as:

1.) How could you marry a man with a 16 year-old girl (me)?
Mom - I liked his daughter and she is mature and adjusted well with me and we have a good relationship. She helped encourage mine and my husband's relationship as well.

2.) How could you marry him after only seeing him 2 days?
Mom - We have been talking on Skype since April 2011 everyday (yes everyday). And we decided that the relation was good so we decided to marry in August.

3.) Why did he not visit you for one year (between 2011 and 2012 August, my mom's interview was on 22 August.)
Mom- My husband couldn't visit due to his work and also main reason - his PR expired on 15 August 2011, so they had to leave on the 12th. (They got married on the 8th.) And also his daughter couldn't miss school.

4.) Why did he not marry for 7 years after his wife died?
Mom - Well he wanted to get settled in Canada with a proper job and he was mainly looking for a woman that would adjust with his daughter.

5.) How could you marry after 1 year of your divorce? (to my mom ofc.)
Mom - It was mine and my husband's parent's idea and decision. And I wanted to settle down as well. (If she married any later she would be of too old an age.)

6.) How could you marry again on your parent's consent when your first marriage, decided by them, ended in divorce?
Mom- It ended in divorce as I wasn't able to have a baby, but here I have a daughter, and we have a good relation, so it seemed like a good decision.

My mom kept her composure throughout the VOs questions, her nagging and snapping and rudeness. In the end when the VO asked my mom, what she would do if her visa is to be rejected, my mom told her that her husband and his daughter would have to leave Canada and settle in India with her (which is true, mind you). I know that the relation might not exactly seem genuine as they didn't live together, but after the marriage we have continued talking to her everyday and gave the VO the whole Skype record (yes the whole thing, I kid you not) And she kept it. I sent my mom a letter with wishes and love on her anniversary which the VO also read very thoroughly, as my mom puts it. After the interview they said we would know the decision in 3-4 weeks. Well I am here with this question since 3-4 weeks have gone by, and there is no sign of a decision made. We check online the status of the visa application and it is still in process...umm what I am looking for is any help or suggestions on this topic...if there is anything we can do or expect or simply wait. BTW, we came to India on 18th August, went to the interview on the 22nd and are here till 30 Oct. Her visa decision will greatly affect whether we stay or go. (If she gets it, we all go together, if, god forbid, she doesn't, we all stay here in India). This also affects my studies back in Canada and my dad's job. So any thoughts, remarks, suggestions, anything? Please help :$ Thank you in advance. Just desperately waiting for the visa. I can't wait to settle down with her in Canada and have my family life back!
ok Good thing is she has passed interview and will get visa soon. ECAS "in process" means interview/eligibility has been passed and they are working on her Background checks such as work history, travel history and most imp. about her past relationships. It takes longer in case of Divorce cases but you are very close to Decision Made :)
you can contact your MP (member of parliament) in Canada by phone/email, they can contact New delhi visa office on your father's behalf and will let you know exact status of your application.
i hope your mom receives her PR soon
good luck :)

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Hi Friends

Is there any one who has appeared for Quebec selection interview? CSQ

Please share your interview experience.... I am waiting for the interview and I have no idea what kind of questions VO asks? ???

Please guys your replies are much appreciated...

Thanks to all..
-Vicky

AnaSax

Sep 27, 2012
ashunandal said:
ok Good thing is she has passed interview and will get visa soon. ECAS "in process" means interview/eligibility has been passed and they are working on her Background checks such as work history, travel history and most imp. about her past relationships. It takes longer in case of Divorce cases but you are very close to Decision Made :)
you can contact your MP (member of parliament) in Canada by phone/email, they can contact New delhi visa office on your father's behalf and will let you know exact status of your application.
i hope your mom receives her PR soon

Hey thanks so much!! Yo know what?! She got her visa and we are going to Canada this Sunday! Thanks so much for your help~! You're awesome! C:

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
AnaSax said:
Hey thanks so much!! Yo know what?! She got her visa and we are going to Canada this Sunday! Thanks so much for your help~! You're awesome! C:
Woooow congratulations :) we are flying on next saturday ;)

jpbs

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
AnaSax said:
Congratulations anasax , r u daughter of Mr.Raj saxena if yes say hi to your dad and all the very best forfor the future , hope u must have land back to canada with your mom and enjoy.

a11808

Sep 14, 2012
Hey i had a interview yesterday. Interview went well but i am worried bec some of my friends says that the VO will keep passport once you clear the interview but in my case VO dint ask my passport is that mean i dint clear the interview somebody pls replay

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
a11808 said:
Hey i had a interview yesterday. Interview went well but i am worried bec some of my friends says that the VO will keep passport once you clear the interview but in my case VO dint ask my passport is that mean i dint clear the interview somebody pls replay
yes usually they ask for passport after interview if not requested before but if your interview was great and VO was convinced with your answers, you should not get worried and wait for PPR. sometimes they dont request passport right after interview if your medical or PCC has been expired so you can get them asap and send to your VO with PP.
can you please tell us in details what did your interviewer say after interview?? i mean, in my case, interviewer said " ok congratulations!!! im convinced and you will be able to move to canada soon"
did s/he say anything like that??

rahulchd

May 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 May 2012
AOR Received.
14 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2012
Interview........
Telephonic Interview 10 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
11 Sep 2012, Passport recd by New Delhi on 17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 11 Oct 2012, Decision Made: 30 November 2012
LANDED..........
10 Dec 2012, Destination: Edmonton, Alberta
HI! Ashu,
How are your friend?

I have a question like my wife's status changed to In process after telephonic interview. So it means there will be no further interview and additional documents request...???

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
rahulchd said:
HI! Ashu,
How are your friend?

I have a question like my wife's status changed to In process after telephonic interview. So it means there will be no further interview and additional documents request...???
im good thanks :)
yes you are right there will be no interview after "in process" status ;)

rahulchd

May 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 May 2012
AOR Received.
14 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ashunandal said:
im good thanks :)
yes you are right there will be no interview after "in process" status ;)

what about Additional docs?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
rahulchd said:
what about Additional docs?
no i dont think so because they schedule interview or request additional docs for eligibility checks (marriage is genuine or not) and after completing eligibility checks they update your ECAS status to "in process". once it goes to "in process" there will be no interview or docs request(99.9%) :)

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife received an email for face to face interview next month. They have asked for my phone number and said that they'll call me too at the same time.

In my case:
We had a big engagement party with 200 people in january.
Next week we married in temple with few family members(not all). This is required to register marriage quickly.
We registered it in court next day. (without temple marriage, wait time is 1.5 months). I left for Canada next week.
I filed for her immigration from here. Big application packet included 100 photos and all detailed information.
My actual wedding is scheduled in december alongwith reception. Interview is in November end.

I have zero confidence on the intelligence of north americans.
How serious do you guys think this is? Can they actually reject on this basis?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
londonOntario said:
My wife received an email for face to face interview next month. They have asked for my phone number and said that they'll call me too at the same time.

In my case:
We had a big engagement party with 200 people in january.
Next week we married in temple with few family members(not all). This is required to register marriage quickly.
We registered it in court next day. (without temple marriage, wait time is 1.5 months). I left for Canada next week.
I filed for her immigration from here. Big application packet included 100 photos and all detailed information.
My actual wedding is scheduled in december alongwith reception. Interview is in November end.

I have zero confidence on the intelligence of north americans.
How serious do you guys think this is? Can they actually reject on this basis?
ok you had engagement party and marriage in temple also, what do you mean by Actual wedding?? i mean marriage in temple is considered as actual marriage in India.
i think this is the main reason for your interview. you will have to collect documents to prove your plans for actual wedding (if you have mentioned in application forms) such as booking of wedding place, invitations and other arrangements for food and decoration.
they can ask you why didnt your relative or family members attend the marriage in temple?
and why do you think you need one more celebration?
you need to relate your answers to make a smooth story
something like " my parents and relatives were not able to attend our marriage in temple thats why we are going to have another celebration with family, relatives and friends??

they can ask -- you got married without family members and relatives why?? what was the reason for hurry ?? you could wait and do proper wedding in presence of family, relatives??
you both need to go through your application package and discuss everything before you go for interview
if you have any question, you can post here or send personal messages
i had similar situation and my interview went very smooth and got visa within few days ;)

rahulchd

May 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 May 2012
AOR Received.
14 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
How much more can it take for Decision Made or Visa to come after telephonic interview? And status changes to In process now.
Any thoughts?