File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
yea Ashu i am chekcing the earlier post:) Thnx dear for all your support...

pinder123

May 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
03-09-2012
AOR Received.
26/06/2012
File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
I have a question, My husband's interview was scheduled over the phone and the officer said that just tell at the front doors that you do not have a letter for interview as it was scheduled over the phone...Is that OK, I mean not having a letter for interview will be OK? And also they asked me to bring my SIN card, employment letter and tax papers but they did not say anything about my husband's document...I mean I know to bring call history, emails, skype, wedding albums etc....Is there anything else we are missing???

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
pinder123 said:
I have a question, My husband's interview was scheduled over the phone and the officer said that just tell at the front doors that you do not have a letter for interview as it was scheduled over the phone...Is that OK, I mean not having a letter for interview will be OK? And also they asked me to bring my SIN card, employment letter and tax papers but they did not say anything about my husband's document...I mean I know to bring call history, emails, skype, wedding albums etc....Is there anything else we are missing???
yes it will be fine without interview letter, rules are not so strict there, they can understand. you mean, they asked you to accompany your husband with your docs?? usually they dont ask sponsor to attend interview unless they are living together. i think they just want to confirm your employment details to make sure that you can support your family. did you provide proof for your property, bank accounts and other investments to show financial ability??
MOST important, as you said earlier that you will stay in a hotel for few days in Delhi, ask your husband to receive you from Airport and stay with you for next few days. someone got rejected recently and this was one of the reason for rejection.
i dont think you are missing anything but if you have doubt about anything, dont hesitate to share with us
best of luck :)

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
Dear Anshu,

I really don't understand about what you mentioned...." MOST important, as you said earlier that you will stay in a hotel for few days in Delhi, ask your husband to receive you from Airport and stay with you for next few days. someone got rejected recently and this was one of the reason for rejection."

What that mean?? my spouse and we are also thinking to stay in a hotel in delhi because my spouse is reaching Delhi on 25th Oct and we have an interview of 30th Oct.

Please suggest .....

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
i am an april applicant i applied on 3 april and sent my passport to NDVO on 6 aug 2012, in worst case scenario if they call me for interview do my hubby needs to be with me because he is working in toronto because i just observed that most of the sponsors are coming down to india to join the interview, but they usually invite only the sponsored spouse for interview and not the sponsor as if the sponsor is on PR he needs to be in canada during the process and just a question guys, if i attend interview without my husband who is my sponsor is it ok or should he should fly to india to join me any advice.........ashunandal and seniors

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
rsmeet said:
i am an april applicant i applied on 3 april and sent my passport to NDVO on 6 aug 2012, in worst case scenario if they call me for interview do my hubby needs to be with me because he is working in toronto because i just observed that most of the sponsors are coming down to india to join the interview, but they usually invite only the sponsored spouse for interview and not the sponsor as if the sponsor is on PR he needs to be in canada during the process and just a question guys, if i attend interview without my husband who is my sponsor is it ok or should he should fly to india to join me any advice.........ashunandal and seniors
Only the sponsored spouse is required to attend the interview.

Good luck!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
waitingsince2004 said:
Dear Ashu,

I really don't understand about what you mentioned...." MOST important, as you said earlier that you will stay in a hotel for few days in Delhi, ask your husband to receive you from Airport and stay with you for next few days. someone got rejected recently and this was one of the reason for rejection."

What that mean?? my spouse and we are also thinking to stay in a hotel in delhi because my spouse is reaching Delhi on 25th Oct and we have an interview of 30th Oct.

Please suggest .....
OHH i mean to say, someone got rejected and one of the reason given by VO was " when sponsor came to India to visit his wife, she (applicant) didnt go to airport to receive him" :eek:
thats why i asked you to be careful about these things :)
all the best for your interview

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
rsmeet said:
check your inbox, i replied to your PM :)

pinder123

May 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
03-09-2012
AOR Received.
26/06/2012
File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
I have a Govt. job in Canada and I make triple of what is required to support him...lol....I have a job in a hospital in Emergency department as Nursing Unit clerk and make $20 an hour and around 50 grands a year...I did submit my income tax papers, job letter and everything...I am just not sure WHY was my hubby called for an interview .....waiting for my notes to come just on time....

ashunandal said:
yes it will be fine without interview letter, rules are not so strict there, they can understand. you mean, they asked you to accompany your husband with your docs?? usually they dont ask sponsor to attend interview unless they are living together. i think they just want to confirm your employment details to make sure that you can support your family. did you provide proof for your property, bank accounts and other investments to show financial ability??
MOST important, as you said earlier that you will stay in a hotel for few days in Delhi, ask your husband to receive you from Airport and stay with you for next few days. someone got rejected recently and this was one of the reason for rejection.
i dont think you are missing anything but if you have doubt about anything, dont hesitate to share with us
best of luck :)

cashbbox123

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2011
AOR Received.
18/01/2012, 2nd AOR13/02/2012
IELTS Request
sent with the application
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
11 oct 2012
Date: September 12, 2012
UCI: XXXXXXApplication: E0000XXXXX
*XXXXXXX* *E0000XXXXX*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- XXXXXXX, XXXXXX XXX, XXXXX, 6XXXXX
Dear XXXXXX:
An interview concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada has been scheduled for you on Interview New Delhi XXXXX 10:15:00 XXXX XXXXXXXXX PLEASE NOTE THAT INTERVIEW DATE FORMAT IS MONTH/DAY/YEAR at the Canadian High Commission, 7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021. To allow sufficient time to pass through security, please appear at least 15 minutes but not more than 30 minutes before your scheduled interview time.
Your spouse and all dependent children 18 years and over must attend the interview with you. Children under 18 do not need to attend unless we have requested. If you have adopted a child other than by court order, the natural parents and the child (except infants) must also attend the interview.
Amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the IRP Regulations) effective from December 1, 2003, permit applications made before January 1, 2002, in the federal economic categories (skilled workers, assisted relatives, investors, entrepreneurs, and self-employed workers, but excluding provincial nominees and applicants destined to the Province of Quebec) to be assessed under the selection criteria of either the Immigration Regulations, 1978 or of the IRP Regulations.
The Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi provides interpretation services for Hindi and Punjabi only. Economic class applicants who require an interpreter for another language must engage the services of a qualified professional interpreter from an approved list of interpretation companies. This approved list of interpretation companies is attached to this letter. Should the applicant come to interview without one of these interpreters, the interview will be rescheduled, leading to processing delays. Interpreters other than from the firms on the approved list will not be accepted.
Please note that the figures quoted by the interpretation companies are not negotiable. Further, the companies have no connection to the High Commission and cannot assist you in any way to improve your chances of obtaining a visa. Should you attempt to negotiate on either on these items, we have instructed the companies to refuse to take you as a client. Thirdly, the companies should be contacted during business hours only. Should you call at any other time, the companies will refuse to take your calls.
Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration 7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca

Your application will, therefore, be assessed at interview under the IRP Regulations and/or under the Immigration Regulations, 1978, whichever is favourable to your case. For this dual assessment, we require current information regarding your education, work experience and your family configuration. Therefore, you are requested to bring with you the information/documentation listed below:
 completed immigrant application forms (IMM8) with schedules 1 and 3 and the Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) for yourself. These forms are available on CIC’s website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/application-regular.asp
You must bring supporting documents in original for all new information on your application for which you have not already submitted evidence.
• completed immigrant application forms (IMM8) with schedule 1 and the Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) for your spouse and each dependent child 18 years of age and over irrespective of whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not.
• conclusive proof of your claimed level of proficiency in English and/or French. This can be in the form of language test results by an approved organization or a written submission supporting your claimed level.

In addition, you must bring the following documents to the interview for each person included in your application:
• Original individual passports for each family member included in the application regardless of age;
• Six photos, as per the enclosed instructions, for each person included in your application.
• Height and eye colour information for all eligible dependants as per the enclosed form;
• If you applied more than 12 months ago you must bring a current Police Certificate for you and all eligible dependants over 18 years of age. This Police Certificate must be issued either by a Senior Superintendent of Police or by a Regional Passport Office.

You must also bring to the interview original of the following documents for each person included in your application together with certified translations into English or French:
• birth, death, marriage, divorce document(s) as applicable to your case, if not already submitted;
• degrees, diplomas, mark sheets (or other documents confirming educational status);
• documentary evidence that establishes each of your dependants' relationship to you; (eg. original birth registration, school documents with parents' names etc.)
• employers' references/appointment letters with detailed information on duties performed, salary slips from your current and previous employments, provident fund receipts, Form 16, and evidence of vocational training and apprenticeship of training for yourself;
• proof of personal funds available to finance your resettlement in Canada; (e.g. bank statements for the past one year, fixed deposit receipts, and receipts of other transferable investments in your name.) If you have validated arranged employment, this does not apply to you.

Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration 7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca

• If you plan to have your dependents accompany you to Canada or to join you within the validity date of the visa, processing fees for all dependents must be paid before the interview. We recommend that, if you have not paid the fees, you send them immediately by the fastest means. Should the fees not be paid prior to the interview, no credit will be given for your spouse in the IRPA assessment. Fees are payable by bank draft or certified cheque only. Cash is not accepted.
• If you have relatives in Canada willing to assist you, you must provide proof of how you are related at the interview. Affidavits are not acceptable as proof. You must produce original all necessary birth certificates or other civil documents that prove the way that the person is related to you. Should you not provide such proof, no points will be awarded for the relative.
• If your marital status has changed since you submitted your application. If you were divorced, you must bring the divorce petition and certificate. If you were married, you must bring the marriage certificate, wedding photos, photos of you together after the wedding (e.g. outings). Each of you must also complete spousal questionnaire that is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5490E.PDF. Please ignore the fact that the title refers to “sponsor”.
• Please bring the following ORIGINAL documents for interview:
• All appointment letters, latest experience letters, promotion / transfer and other such employment letters.
• Form 16 for income tax deducted for entire duration of stated work experience, salary slips for entire duration of stated work experience.
• Bank statements showing credit of above-mentioned salary receipts.
• Income tax returns for entire duration of stated work experience.
• All old and new passport of applicant, spouse and child
• Registration documents of employer firm.
• Ownership documents of employer firm.

NOTE: If you fail to attend this interview your application will be assessed based on the information contained in your application form and the supporting documentation you have provided. Since an interview was scheduled to address concerns with the information in your file, this will likely lead to the refusal of your application. No additional interview will be scheduled.
If corresponding with this office, please quote the above file number.
This letter should be presented at the Immigration gate when you arrive for your interview and then to the receptionist inside.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
PS: This is a computer generated letter does not require any signature.

pinder123

May 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
03-09-2012
AOR Received.
26/06/2012
File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
Thnx Cashbox for posting this as I dont have this letter...Thnx

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
pinder123 said:
I have a Govt. job in Canada and I make triple of what is required to support him...lol....I have a job in a hospital in Emergency department as Nursing Unit clerk and make $20 an hour and around 50 grands a year...I did submit my income tax papers, job letter and everything...I am just not sure WHY was my hubby called for an interview .....waiting for my notes to come just on time....
ok thats good i hope you receive your notes well before interview
good luck

harryiswaiting

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi/ Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2012
Doc's Request.
Ottawa 01/2014
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
23/07/2012
Med's Done....
13/03/2012
Interview........
28/01/2013
Passport Req..
13/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 29/01/2013, Appeal won Nov, 2013
LANDED..........
HarryisSTILLwaiting.
cashbbox123 said:
Date: September 12, 2012
UCI: XXXXXXApplication: E0000XXXXX
*XXXXXXX* *E0000XXXXX*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- XXXXXXX, XXXXXX XXX, XXXXX, 6XXXXX
Dear XXXXXX:
An interview concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada has been scheduled for you on Interview New Delhi XXXXX 10:15:00 XXXX XXXXXXXXX PLEASE NOTE THAT INTERVIEW DATE FORMAT IS MONTH/DAY/YEAR at the Canadian High Commission, 7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021. To allow sufficient time to pass through security, please appear at least 15 minutes but not more than 30 minutes before your scheduled interview time.
Your spouse and all dependent children 18 years and over must attend the interview with you. Children under 18 do not need to attend unless we have requested. If you have adopted a child other than by court order, the natural parents and the child (except infants) must also attend the interview.
Amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the IRP Regulations) effective from December 1, 2003, permit applications made before January 1, 2002, in the federal economic categories (skilled workers, assisted relatives, investors, entrepreneurs, and self-employed workers, but excluding provincial nominees and applicants destined to the Province of Quebec) to be assessed under the selection criteria of either the Immigration Regulations, 1978 or of the IRP Regulations.
The Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi provides interpretation services for Hindi and Punjabi only. Economic class applicants who require an interpreter for another language must engage the services of a qualified professional interpreter from an approved list of interpretation companies. This approved list of interpretation companies is attached to this letter. Should the applicant come to interview without one of these interpreters, the interview will be rescheduled, leading to processing delays. Interpreters other than from the firms on the approved list will not be accepted.
Please note that the figures quoted by the interpretation companies are not negotiable. Further, the companies have no connection to the High Commission and cannot assist you in any way to improve your chances of obtaining a visa. Should you attempt to negotiate on either on these items, we have instructed the companies to refuse to take you as a client. Thirdly, the companies should be contacted during business hours only. Should you call at any other time, the companies will refuse to take your calls.
Immigration Section - Service de l'Immigration 7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca

Your application will, therefore, be assessed at interview under the IRP Regulations and/or under the Immigration Regulations, 1978, whichever is favourable to your case. For this dual assessment, we require current information regarding your education, work experience and your family configuration. Therefore, you are requested to bring with you the information/documentation listed below:
 completed immigrant application forms (IMM8) with schedules 1 and 3 and the Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) for yourself. These forms are available on CIC's website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/application-regular.asp
You must bring supporting documents in original for all new information on your application for which you have not already submitted evidence.
• completed immigrant application forms (IMM8) with schedule 1 and the Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) for your spouse and each dependent child 18 years of age and over irrespective of whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not.
• conclusive proof of your claimed level of proficiency in English and/or French. This can be in the form of language test results by an approved organization or a written submission supporting your claimed level.

In addition, you must bring the following documents to the interview for each person included in your application:
• Original individual passports for each family member included in the application regardless of age;
• Six photos, as per the enclosed instructions, for each person included in your application.
• Height and eye colour information for all eligible dependants as per the enclosed form;
• If you applied more than 12 months ago you must bring a current Police Certificate for you and all eligible dependants over 18 years of age. This Police Certificate must be issued either by a Senior Superintendent of Police or by a Regional Passport Office.

You must also bring to the interview original of the following documents for each person included in your application together with certified translations into English or French:
• birth, death, marriage, divorce document(s) as applicable to your case, if not already submitted;
• degrees, diplomas, mark sheets (or other documents confirming educational status);
• documentary evidence that establishes each of your dependants' relationship to you; (eg. original birth registration, school documents with parents' names etc.)
• employers' references/appointment letters with detailed information on duties performed, salary slips from your current and previous employments, provident fund receipts, Form 16, and evidence of vocational training and apprenticeship of training for yourself;
• proof of personal funds available to finance your resettlement in Canada; (e.g. bank statements for the past one year, fixed deposit receipts, and receipts of other transferable investments in your name.) If you have validated arranged employment, this does not apply to you.

Immigration Section - Service de l'Immigration 7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca

• If you plan to have your dependents accompany you to Canada or to join you within the validity date of the visa, processing fees for all dependents must be paid before the interview. We recommend that, if you have not paid the fees, you send them immediately by the fastest means. Should the fees not be paid prior to the interview, no credit will be given for your spouse in the IRPA assessment. Fees are payable by bank draft or certified cheque only. Cash is not accepted.
• If you have relatives in Canada willing to assist you, you must provide proof of how you are related at the interview. Affidavits are not acceptable as proof. You must produce original all necessary birth certificates or other civil documents that prove the way that the person is related to you. Should you not provide such proof, no points will be awarded for the relative.
• If your marital status has changed since you submitted your application. If you were divorced, you must bring the divorce petition and certificate. If you were married, you must bring the marriage certificate, wedding photos, photos of you together after the wedding (e.g. outings). Each of you must also complete spousal questionnaire that is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5490E.PDF. Please ignore the fact that the title refers to “sponsor”.
• Please bring the following ORIGINAL documents for interview:
• All appointment letters, latest experience letters, promotion / transfer and other such employment letters.
• Form 16 for income tax deducted for entire duration of stated work experience, salary slips for entire duration of stated work experience.
• Bank statements showing credit of above-mentioned salary receipts.
• Income tax returns for entire duration of stated work experience.
• All old and new passport of applicant, spouse and child
• Registration documents of employer firm.
• Ownership documents of employer firm.

NOTE: If you fail to attend this interview your application will be assessed based on the information contained in your application form and the supporting documentation you have provided. Since an interview was scheduled to address concerns with the information in your file, this will likely lead to the refusal of your application. No additional interview will be scheduled.
If corresponding with this office, please quote the above file number.
This letter should be presented at the Immigration gate when you arrive for your interview and then to the receptionist inside.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
PS: This is a computer generated letter does not require any signature.
Thanks for sharing this! Was it sent to you by email or letter? If by letter, had you requested to have correspondence through email? Thanks

cashbbox123

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/10/2011
AOR Received.
18/01/2012, 2nd AOR13/02/2012
IELTS Request
sent with the application
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
11 oct 2012
harryiswaiting said:
Thanks for sharing this! Was it sent to you by email or letter? If by letter, had you requested to have correspondence through email? Thanks
Both letter and email
Not requested for any email correspondence.