+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International students

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
I don't think there is anyone asking for PR with just Canadian degree. Of course, we're talking about the ones who graduated AND doing professional jobs and still not getting ITA.

kateg said:
I'm speaking to those who say that simply earning a Canadian degree should be enough to get P/R. I'm pointing out that it doesn't mean anything, and that we should be emphasizing work experience. I'd also suggest much more of an emphasis on testing skills, rather than simply trying to document them.

lisizi

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnipeg141 said:
I don't think there is anyone asking for PR with just Canadian degree. Of course, we're talking about the ones who graduated AND doing professional jobs and still not getting ITA.
I see that if you are 29 years old or less, and you have a spouse with a good profile as well, you are in.
Most of them score 460 points or more.
How many points do you score, Winnipeg41? Why don't you try MPNP if you live there? It might be easier.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaiveer Singh said:
I was international student who came in 2014 may batch in Niagara college and completed 8 months diploma in International business which finished in december 2014. I didnt waste any time and moved to Vancouver for Jan session in Douglas college but then i noticed BC PNP EE and i was eligible for international graduate stream. My biggest obstacle was IELTS because while applying study permit i scored only 6 bands so i knew i had to reappear and work very hard. I applied my work permit in Feb 2015 and processing time was 3 months. My goal was to complete my ECA and IELTS (which was very challenging). I appeared for IELTS 3 times. I scored 5.5 in writing and 3rd time i scored 8 in writing and 7.5 in others.

Those 3 months of hardship and improvement gave me confidence that applying one year work permit was one of my hardest decision in life. I applied BC PNP in June with 399 points and got my BC pnp in October. Then rest you can see my timeline. I got PPR on 18th and today i can feel a different person.

May be some of you find my story repititive or interesting or boring, but this is me. People says " its your luck that you got PR so fast" but this is not my luck, its all about how you want thing so desperately and want to achieve it or how fast you change yourself according to situation. I still remember the decision of applying work permit instead of study took in 3 days.

To sum up, if an average student like me with 5.5 bands in study permit and 8 bands in PR can do it i am sure you guys are pretty smart. I dont care if people say my english is bad or what because i got job in one of the biggest fortune company in the world so i dnt want to prove myself.

Guys if anyone needs help PM me or write it here, HAPPY TO HELP
We are talking about implementing changes in EE for international student, not about improving IELTS. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've seen you post/brag your IELTS story at least several in this thread and other threads. Honestly, you got lucky with the BC PNP, since you applied early and got an easy slot in. Your IELTS score, 7.5, is not that amazing, as most of us here are trying to reach for band 9, not band 8 or 7.

I do appreciate your initiative, but you should post your story in IELTS sub forum.

kateg said:
An approach like that has dual value - if a school like Douglas no longer counts for immigration, then anyone who comes there intends to be a student. Study permits can remain just that - a means to study.
Since when you can use your study permit and a degree to apply for PR? The answer is never. To be more clear, we are talking about former international students who:

• have Canadian degree
  • have Canadian work experience
  • don't have foreign work experience

samiomar

Mar 24, 2015
hey guys,
just a question, according to last speech of the minster of immigration. Do you think that there will be a special path for international students to apply for a PR? I just started Phd in 2015 So it will take long time to graduate at least another 3,4 years

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samiomar said:
hey guys,
just a question, according to last speech of the minster of immigration. Do you think that there will be a special path for international students to apply for a PR? I just started Phd in 2015 So it will take long time to graduate at least another 3,4 years
I am hoping there will be special path or treatment for International Students under EE program. You still have long time to go until you finish your Ph.D. Meanwhile Stay tuned in this thread.. :D :D :D

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Since when you can use your study permit and a degree to apply for PR? The answer is never. To be more clear, we are talking about former international students who:

• have Canadian degree
  • have Canadian work experience
  • don't have foreign work experience
Yeah, I can't understand why some people think Canadian Education = PR Card on silver plate given to all International students during Graduation ceremony :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:.. Either they are too Ignorant or just too lazy to read..

Canadian Education = Some extra points.. That is it..

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Jaiveer Singh said:
I was international student who came in 2014 may batch in Niagara college and completed 8 months diploma in International business which finished in december 2014. I didnt waste any time and moved to Vancouver for Jan session in Douglas college but then i noticed BC PNP EE and i was eligible for international graduate stream. My biggest obstacle was IELTS because while applying study permit i scored only 6 bands so i knew i had to reappear and work very hard. I applied my work permit in Feb 2015 and processing time was 3 months. My goal was to complete my ECA and IELTS (which was very challenging). I appeared for IELTS 3 times. I scored 5.5 in writing and 3rd time i scored 8 in writing and 7.5 in others.

Those 3 months of hardship and improvement gave me confidence that applying one year work permit was one of my hardest decision in life. I applied BC PNP in June with 399 points and got my BC pnp in October. Then rest you can see my timeline. I got PPR on 18th and today i can feel a different person.

May be some of you find my story repititive or interesting or boring, but this is me. People says " its your luck that you got PR so fast" but this is not my luck, its all about how you want thing so desperately and want to achieve it or how fast you change yourself according to situation. I still remember the decision of applying work permit instead of study took in 3 days.

To sum up, if an average student like me with 5.5 bands in study permit and 8 bands in PR can do it i am sure you guys are pretty smart. I dont care if people say my english is bad or what because i got job in one of the biggest fortune company in the world so i dnt want to prove myself.

Guys if anyone needs help PM me or write it here, HAPPY TO HELP
Jaiveer hard work always pays off. And if you plan it well even better. Excuses are for people who lose and reading your post explains that you are a fighter.

It gets a person immense pleasure when his plans works out. I wish you all the best in your future en-devours.

bskap

May 17, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Here is good news for International Students. It seems that Liberals heard International Student voice.

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/canada-looks-to-ease-pathway-to-permanent-residence-for-international-students.html

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
bskap said:
Here is good news for International Students. It seems that Liberals heard International Student voice.

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/canada-looks-to-ease-pathway-to-permanent-residence-for-international-students.html
Stale...

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
We are talking about implementing changes in EE for international student, not about improving IELTS. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've seen you post/brag your IELTS story at least several in this thread and other threads. Honestly, you got lucky with the BC PNP, since you applied early and got an easy slot in. Your IELTS score, 7.5, is not that amazing, as most of us here are trying to reach for band 9, not band 8 or 7.

I do appreciate your initiative, but you should post your story in IELTS sub forum.

Again i was not lucky it was all fast paced decision and thank you for your comments but i write here as an International student not to support others thinkings for Canadian immigration. IELTS was my obstacle and yes 7.5 is not amazing but it worked for me and CLB 9 is not even working for you, Sorry for this but you are quite harsh and rude and this piss me off. I wrote very clearly ignore me if you don't like.

8 in writing, 8 in speaking, 7.5 listening and 7.5 in reading and yes i am from Non english school and belongs where people don't speak english at all so before commenting anything on anyone efforts see where your words are taking you. Yes you have seen many threads from me because i help people how to improve. Move forward, control your tongue and focus on yourself will lead to your goals. I am helping students and encouraging them to do what they want to. So please restrain to comment further

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirtivsingh said:
Jaiveer hard work always pays off. And if you plan it well even better. Excuses are for people who lose and reading your post explains that you are a fighter.

It gets a person immense pleasure when his plans works out. I wish you all the best in your future en-devours.
Thank you Kirti and i am not the only one who achieve this others have done that too or may be their story is more painful then my story. Best of luck for your application

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The idea for me is that MANY fellow PhD students, some of them still studying got PR through the PhD stream. 500 PhD students were granted PR each year before Express entry after staying at full time PhD fr 2 years and getting 67 points on the FSW scale. If the express entry was not established, I would've already got my PR. Once they eliminated that, I had to go thorough the hard way, Nomination and extra 1500$. I lost a lot through this change, but anyway I have nothing I can do. If there can be a collective way of making a change I would certainly support.

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Why do people think that getting PR of Canada is the most important thing in their lives? Some take so much pride in it. I don't get it. Eventually 98% of people who come to Canada, whether as students or otherwise will get PR somehow. But don't demean others and take false pride in it. Most of people here work in service industry and do jobs they don't like and still brag about how they did the undoable and got PR. Go get a life.

Jessicaqu1988

Oct 1, 2015
Yes, they do. They are doing undoable jobs to survive and working their ass on their PR.
But don't you think this is not right?
Won't you ask yourself even one time in your life -why the hell I studied so hard and invested so much on my education - when you are washing dishes or serving people, having bachelor, post-graduate and master degrees?
You can wash dishes and serve people after graduating from senior school.

This is not right! International students want their hard work and effort to be valued. That's why they came this thread.

No one ever asked PR directly from government.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
RegularGuy said:
Why do people think that getting PR of Canada is the most important thing in their lives? Some take so much pride in it. I don't get it. Eventually 98% of people who come to Canada, whether as students or otherwise will get PR somehow. But don't demean others and take false pride in it. Most of people here work in service industry and do jobs they don't like and still brag about how they did the undoable and got PR. Go get a life.

Give this man a cookie. Exactly my thought.

I am even okay with people claiming pride over their achievements like education, career, family, friends, wealth etc, but seriously some are treating getting PR as a life time achievement. Oh yeah and as if becoming a Canadian was their lifetime ambition (to be honest some here wouldn't even have thought about Canada until few months ago). I don't understand how one can leave a country you have lived for past 20 - 30 years and call a completely different land your "home" and what makes them think they are soooo Canadian (when they have not even spent a day here or in some cases when they have just moved here?

One thing I don't agree with @RegularGuy is what you do for a living doesn't paint your success, success is what you perceive it to be, you may not consider menial jobs as success but for some it keeps their life going. My dad always said: It doesn't matter which field you work in or what job you do, no job is bad job as long as you don't cheat (or kill) anyone. When I worked as a Janitor / Cashier at some store or some labour I took pride in what I did, and I loved doing that.

I know am going to get a backlash for my comments here, but I honestly don't care. I like this country too, am not against becoming a PR or Citizen of any country for that matter, that is totally up to an individual's own choice and I know for sure I will never give up my current citizenship because that describes who I am and that made me what I am today. But what I fail to understand is that how can someone take so much pride in something that is so trivial. Getting a PR is just like getting your birth certificate or passport, where you fill in forms, get some paper work done and wait for a loooong time to get the paper stamped. I know the waiting time sucks and it makes you feel relived and it definitely is a nerve wracking experience, but some people here make it feel like a life time achievement. You guys deserve an Oscar.

Status
Not open for further replies.