Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dupsy21 said:
Don't assume everyone that post here is a boy.

I have checked the report again and only the first 4 draws out of 11 draws account for that. What about the other 7 draws? I am sure a lot of international students got ITA as well cos a friend of mine that did his MSC. in Canada got ITA and has his PPR now.
Don't assume a lot of international students got ITA if you don't have the data. It's unacceptable to generalize stuff based on a "few" of observations

And, oh btw, by "boy" I don't mean you are a "boy" cause I don't care anyway with your gender or age for whatever it is worth.. it is just an expression for surprise or excitement...

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Anyway, the mid year report has proved that if any fraud is being perpetrated, then the probability that it is being done by inlanders is higher cos inlanders had over 80% ITA.

This also shows that the people you are competing with are your fellow inlanders.

Hansdza said:
Don't assume a lot of international students got ITA if you don't have the data. It's unacceptable to generalize stuff based on a "few" of observations

And, oh btw, by "boy" I don't mean you are a "boy" cause I don't care anyway with your gender or age for whatever it is worth.. it is just an expression for surprise or excitement...

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
You are making a huge claim there, buddy. Please stop suggesting such ideas without any proof. English or French is an everyday study and social language for students in Canada.

i am not making any claims , i am sharing what i know and its fact, for example your friends, brother, sister give iets test in any other country and they can easily share information with you

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
dupsy21 said:
Don't assume everyone that post here is a boy.

I have checked the report again and only the first 4 draws out of 11 draws account for that. What about the other 7 draws? I am sure a lot of international students got ITA as well cos a friend of mine that did his MSC. in Canada got ITA and has his PPR now.
no 6 month data is not sufficient to say 85% international students were invited as it involves TFW who got LIMA. I know ur frustrated too may be ur outside canada and trying hard to get ITA putting people inside canada and outside canada in the same pool is wrong hence the system is flawed

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Honeyaustin said:
i am not making any claims , i am sharing what i know and its fact, for example your friends, brother, sister give iets test in any other country and they can easily share information with you
One has to have very good memory to keep all the answers :) Moreover, it won't help much in writing and speaking...

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
I am not frustrated about ITA cos I got my ITA few days after entering the pool. However, I am still awaiting PPR.

I am done arguing though. I wish you all the best.

mead said:
no 6 month data is not sufficient to say 85% international students were invited as it involves TFW who got LIMA. I know ur frustrated too may be ur outside canada and trying hard to get ITA putting people inside canada and outside canada in the same pool is wrong hence the system is flawed

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anarsoul said:
One has to have very good memory to keep all the answers :) Moreover, it won't help much in writing and speaking...

lol........ if you already know the topic on which u gonna write wouldn't it be helpful

u really got to be big time dumb than

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
I doubt if this a fact though cos the people that did IELTS on the same day as mine from different country had different speaking and writing questions. I am certain of this.
Honeyaustin said:

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honeyaustin said:
Incorrect.

Countries (hence test centres) are clumped together by time zones. Within the same time zone, the question paper is the same but there is no way one could cheat in such an environment as test takers aren't allowed to take any communication devices inside the examination venue and their movements (nature breaks etc) are regulated and strictly monitored. Test centres in other time zones have entirely different papers even on the same day so one wouldn't benefit from knowing about question paper(s) from another test centre in a different time zone.

Try and credit the British Council, IDP Australia and University of Cambridge with having some sense while preparing and administering the most popular English assessment exam on the planet. By the way, the most common 'cheating' in IELTS is identity fraud or impersonation. This might happen in connivance with corrupt local administrators but the IELTS partners take strict action against anyone found indulging in malpractice so it isn't very common.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Hansdza said:
Oh my God, so It does exist,

Thank you so much for your information. Some quick questions for you please..

How did you know about this college? Did you go to this college too for your study?
I am to a large degree self-taught, and had a GED (high school equivalent certificate). After applying at many schools, Douglas was the only one that would let me attend. I didn’t realize how bad it was at the time.

How many college like this in Canada? Can we generalize that all Colleges are as bad as this college?
No. The problem is that for purposes of Express Entry, all schools are treated equally, therefore, having a Canadian degree should be worth only as much as the worst school in Canada. Otherwise, it invites abuse.

winnipeg141 said:
Don't compare people who graduated from Douglas by cheating and the ones who graduated from Universities like Waterloo, Toronto with their hard work. Not every University is like your Douglas college.
I’m not the one who insists that every school’s degree is the same. Express Entry does. Until we start accepting that not all schools are equal, a fair immigration system will focus more on work than on school. Coming to Canada and graduating with a degree doesn’t prove anything, as EE is exactly the same for a degree from Douglas College and a degree from Waterloo.

Not every International student is cheater . We're talking about the people who graduated with their hard work and doing professional jobs.
I never said they were. When a degree is easy to get, it loses value, so until they start scoring schools, we can’t trust graduation as proof of anything.

It used to be much worse - at least Harper had the decency to require it be from designated schools. Before, it could be almost anything.

Honeyaustin said:
being a canadian or future canadian its your responsibility to inform the ministry and education department of canada.
Of what?

if you are not doing your part than there is no point sharing this information here. and you should also appeal education minister shut down those kind of colleges starting with Douglas.
Douglas is a legitimate college. It’s just not a very good college. People have a right to affordable education, and some schools are going to be much better than others.

It’s no different than other schools I went to in the states - some were very good, some were not as good, and the good ones tended to be more expensive. If you want a useless, easy to get degree, you can get one in the US too.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
anarsoul said:
Honestly I don't know a way to get a "fake" foreign experience from my country. CIC does ask payslips and reference letter on company's letterhead. It's a serious crime to counterfeit these. Sometimes they additionally ask a confirmation from revenue agency or pension fund to confirm that all taxes were paid. It's impossible to counterfeit these, since phone verification reveals it easily. They do additional checks if you work for a relative. Basically, it's close to impossible to get all these documents for a fake experience.
As an employer who has had to verify experience in the past, it's not hard to fake - particularly if you have money and friends.

Perhaps Canada should work with the professions to require testing and certification before getting PR - it would help ensure that people weren’t coming here unable to work in their profession, and would help ensure some degree of competency.

anarsoul said:
Not everyone has a friend who's business owner. Moreover executive positions do require appropriate education and usually they're already taken by more experienced people.
In most countries, a company can be started up relatively cheaply. Throw up a website and give the friend the money to pay you, and it’s pretty trivial to get the experience.

Here in Vancouver, there are a ridiculous number of new expensive cars with N (new driver) stickers. They almost always are wealthy Chinese immigrants (the same kind of people who had their applications cancelled for trying to buy their way in before):

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/rich-chinese-angry-over-cancellation-of-canadian-immigrant-program/article17269390/

They are rich enough to afford to live in Vancouver (most expensive city in North America to live in), and generally own businesses back in China. They have the wealth and connections to get a friend to hire their children in whatever position they want. Spend 18 months at Douglas, pay someone else to write your papers and take your IELTS (or do them yourself), and you’ve just bought yourself Permanent Residency. It’s really not that hard, if you have the wealth.

dupsy21 said:
For a foreign worker to stand a good chance, you will also need a Masters degree or 2 degrees and good IELTS score. Do you think it is easy to fake that as well. If it is that easy, why don't you try to obtain fake job experience from your home country.
You don’t need a Masters. Cheating on the IELTS is easy enough:

http://en.yibada.com/articles/69099/20150930/british-council-withholds-ielts-results-chinese-test-takers.htm
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/money-wealth/article/1874818/test-credibility-how-chinese-exam-cheats-threaten-students

As for speaking English, if you come to Vancouver, you can get a job without speaking English well at all.

I have load of friends in the pool will CRS scores less than 400. If it is that easy to fake experience, why have they not improved their scores?
Because they have ethics, or aren’t willing to risk the consequences?

mead said:
There are consultants who claim to arrange LMIA for u too but dont know if anyone has got LMIA though
There are ways to game the LMIA process. It still requires the employee be fairly skilled, and that the job pay reasonably well. Faking work experience is much easier, and people will generally go for the school approach (for part-time work, and OWP after) instead of trying to fake that.

anarsoul said:
How did they evaluate this degree? WES requires either apostille (which is issued by Ministry of Education) or (for some countries) they do verification process by communicating with university.
There are schools (and governments) where a bribe can be paid to get the records changed to show a degree for a person. Alternatively, it’s easy enough to fake them, if you know what you are doing. All it takes is access to one transcript from a school to see the format and style, then it’s easy enough to change the data. They generally don’t check if the postmark is from the right area and the format is the same.

anarsoul said:
They already do. They phone employers, check linkedin and company website, they ask for reference letters and payslips, etc, etc. Bank statement with account activity for 3-6 months.
It's pretty tricky to counterfeit all these documents.
There are services that will do it for you.

http://www.fakeyourjob.com/fake-job-references (as an example)

References, 1-800 number, they help write the resume for you, and will do whatever verification is desired. It’s easy to change the LinkedIn page to match. Tax statements are not always required, and even if requested, there are services that will fake those too:

http://www.fakepaystubonline.com/w2-order-form/

They do Canada as well.

By law, IRS records are private - CIC can’t get access to them.

anarsoul said:
I linked earlier to some articles about IELTS fraud. They coach cheaters on the writing and speaking, and it does work. Alternatively, they just pay someone else to take the test for you.

I know of a company that does fake IELTS testing. I've reported them, but unfortunately there is little that CIC can do about it, as they work overseas.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
anarsoul said:
They already do. They phone employers, check linkedin and company website, they ask for reference letters and payslips, etc, etc. Bank statement with account activity for 3-6 months.
It's pretty tricky to counterfeit all these documents.
Missed the part about bank statements. There are services for that too, and they will even do utility bills and tax summaries.

http://www.replaceyourdocs.com/examples.html

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
First of all, you said "graduating with a degree doesn’t prove anything" What else is needed? Professional work experience? We have that already. So, why there is no ITA? This is my answer in terms of work experience. (In my opinion, getting fake work experience is far more easier than getting fake degree)

Let's talk about your "easy degree". I'm not sure if you're from India. But just wanted to let you know that there is an engineer at every corner in India. There is no standard (talking about Engineering, no idea about other programs). Universities hand over degrees like someone selling chocolates to kids. In Canada, there may two or three colleges like Douglas, but in asian countries like India, there are thousands of them. Why most of the people have to take additional programs in Canada to get the job even they completed their study from home country? Because employers give more credit to Canadian degree than overseas, but Express Entry system doesn't.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/Over-80-of-engineering-graduates-in-India-unemployable-Study/articleshow/50704157.cms

kateg said:
I’m not the one who insists that every school’s degree is the same. Express Entry does. Until we start accepting that not all schools are equal, a fair immigration system will focus more on work than on school. Coming to Canada and graduating with a degree doesn’t prove anything, as EE is exactly the same for a degree from Douglas College and a degree from Waterloo.

I never said they were. When a degree is easy to get, it loses value, so until they start scoring schools, we can’t trust graduation as proof of anything.

It used to be much worse - at least Harper had the decency to require it be from designated schools. Before, it could be almost anything.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
winnipeg141 said:
First of all, you said "graduating with a degree doesn’t prove anything" What else is needed? Professional work experience? We have that already. So, why there is no ITA? This is my answer in terms of work experience. (In my opinion, getting fake work experience is far more easier than getting fake degree)
I'm speaking to those who say that simply earning a Canadian degree should be enough to get P/R. I'm pointing out that it doesn't mean anything, and that we should be emphasizing work experience. I'd also suggest much more of an emphasis on testing skills, rather than simply trying to document them.

But just wanted to let you know that there is an engineer at every corner in India. There is no standard (talking about Engineering, no idea about other programs). Universities hand over degrees like someone selling chocolates to kids. In Canada, there may two or three colleges like Douglas, but in asian countries like India, there are thousands of them. Why most of the people have to take additional programs in Canada to get the job even they completed their study from home country? Because employers give more credit to Canadian degree than overseas, but Express Entry system doesn't.
In the US, we had schools that were largely diploma mills. ITT Tech. University of Phoenix. As an employer, I didn't give any credibility to people with degrees from those schools, and immigration shouldn't either. Canada should be hiring the most skilled, and when the degree system is broken (if it is like you say in India), then they shouldn't give any credit for Indian schools, any more than they should give credit for Canadian schools - unless and until the school has demonstrated that their degrees have value.

An approach like that has dual value - if a school like Douglas no longer counts for immigration, then anyone who comes there intends to be a student. Study permits can remain just that - a means to study.

Status
Not open for further replies.