+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International students

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Hansdza said:
Buddy, you take it less serious because you are not in that person situation. A word of advise for you. Get out from your own world, talk to young international students at top Universities in Canada, listen to their opinion.

Just because you are not experiencing other people's problem does not make such problem becomes easier..
You're right to some extent. This problem doesn't concern me, since I'm already a PR.

But I do talk to international students from time to time. We have a lot of interns in company, and best of them get permanent job offer, and even an LMIA if necessary. Also I have a friend who came here for studies in a college, she struggled with this EE system, since college diploma is not enough to get 450+ even with 3 years of experience (yes, she has close to 3 years). She pursues provincial nomination now.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
anarsoul said:
I still wonder what Liberals can do to EE to improve situation for international students.

Give additional points for canadian education? That will raise passing score, since there're too many international students. College students still won't be able to compete with outlanders and TFWs.

Conduct a separate draw for CEC? Quota for CEC was only 21-23k for 2015, while for FSW it was 47-51k. There's no separate quota for CEC in 2016, total is 54-59k for federal programs. So if rate is similar, quota for CEC will be only 16.6k visas per year. So there'll be internal competition between college students, university students and TFWs. And it's likely that university students will win due to higher CRS.

So let's wait and see.
create a separate pool for international students which will not include TFW. give more points or atleast equal points for experience in canada. as it stands now if u have 1 year home country exp and 1 year canadian exp u get more points than 2 years exp in canada why is that?

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
... so does canada need a cook or a nurse? cause if i get sick i dont want a cook to nurse me while if a cook is missing I can cook for myself. just a very very broad example. not offending anyone
If you get good cook then you may not get sick :D Prevention is better than cure.

Do you want nurse standing with a injection on restaurant door? Or you want good food in a restaurant?

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good for her,

Hopefully she is not in AB, It is a whole different story there.

I hope as well, those provinces give special consideration to International students as the Federal policy is, currently, not on their side..

As I said earlier, I am a PR too but I do give full support to all International students in Canada, I was one of them so I know how they feel.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rajibsam said:
If you get good cook then you may not get sick :D Prevention is better than cure.

Do you want nurse standing with a injection on restaurant door? Or you want good food in a restaurant?
lol ....well nurse can cook u know but cook cannot give u an injection lol again not pointing fingers at any profession

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Bachelor's degree +1 year Canadian exp + I foreign experience = 482
Bachelor's degree +2 Year Canadian = 469
Bachelor's degree +2 Year Foreign = 416

People without Canadian experience is still at the receiving end.

mead said:
create a separate pool for international students which will not include TFW. give more points or atleast equal points for experience in canada. as it stands now if u have 1 year home country exp and 1 year canadian exp u get more points than 2 years exp in canada why is that?

lisizi

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirtivsingh said:
Buddy I got 4.0 GPA with a silver medal, so dont tell me about 3.6 or 3.3 and its difficult etc. and thats the primary reason I get pissed when people who no intentions of studying and building a career get student visa coz their parents have money, come here have fun and then expect that govt would give them PR just coz they studied here. Deserving people will get nevertheless coz they have the skill and any system will recognize that.
not trying to offend anyone here but when i see that i came here 3 years ago, completed my school got job offer before graduating sem and now after 1 year exp and clb 9 ielts scores i got the ITA. I dont understand why people keeping shouting they are not getting ITA coz of the new system. Yes the new system is unfair if you look at the old system, but it's not really that bad. it helps get the right exp and skills in canada. Whats wrong in that.

Just a thought to think about, if one is deserving and competent enough, will find his way through without complaining and excuses
"Buddy" lol...
You are off topic. I was discussing about someone who was questioning the educational standards in Canada.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
dupsy21 said:
Bachelor's degree +1 year Canadian exp + I foreign experience = 482
Bachelor's degree +2 Year Canadian = 469
Bachelor's degree +2 Year Foreign = 416

People without Canadian experience is still at the receiving end.
yup hence the system is flawed . why experience in 3 different situations calculated so differently. doesnt make sense.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
As written in your statement, EE is good only for those who are able to work in native country as well as Canada. Those who are able to work in Canada are good for canadian society (whether student or not). Otherwise Canadian experience has more points as compared to foreign experience.

2 Year Canadian Exp - 53 points
2 year Foreign Exp + CLB9 - 25 points

How one is getting 1 year Canadian exp? Is there any other option except LMIA and Work Permit (which is again linked to study permit)?

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
RamsayBolton said:
No one has every said that in this thread. You are the only one keep saying give the pr status to anyone who studies here. No degree, no job = no pr.
And here is your advantage. Most young int'l students don't have foreign experience, they went straight from high school to university.
and thats exactly why int students with 2 year+ course get 3 year work permit to settle, so what the rush and cribbing about. you pinpointed my words which changed the whole meaning of it.
i said deserving people will get PR sooner or later and losers will keep cribbing. it's your call which side you wanna be coz for what i have seen you have just been cribbing about the system.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirtivsingh said:
Yes i have foreign experience.

so u had enough money to make indian experience , whereas some don't because they already spend most of their money paying their college fees ;)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
kirtivsingh said:
and thats exactly why int students with 2 year+ course get 3 year work permit to settle, so what the rush and cribbing about. you pinpointed my words which changed the whole meaning of it.
i said deserving people will get PR sooner or later and losers will keep cribbing. it's your call which side you wanna be coz for what i have seen you have just been cribbing about the system.
rush is cause even though some qualify for CEC waiting for another 2 years is risky things change in immigration u never know by next year they will make it even difficult to get PR.

lisizi

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hansdza said:
Good for her,

Hopefully she is not in AB, It is a whole different story there.
Why provincial nominee is a whole different story in AB? Could you please share?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
mead said:
That's not fair to TFWs.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
anarsoul said:
That's not fair to TFWs.
ye may be but again i am not an expert on how things need to be changed. may be CEC separate would be good

Status
Not open for further replies.