Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buddy,

Did you pay attention on what is being discussed here.. here s the thing. Assume you are a bachelor of engineering from University of Toronto, you are 23 yrs old, you worked your arse off at school your GPA is 4.00, you graduated with honor and you received a whole bunch of awards from your university. you have no foreign exp (you came to Canada right after high school). You have maximum English score possible. You don't speak any French at all. YOUR SCORE IS 444 with I year Canadian Exp.

Please tell me, which part is is wrong with your "profile" above?

Just a thought to think about, if one is deserving and competent enough, one will have a lot of difficulties in finding his way through the current EE scoring system

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
kirtivsingh said:
Buddy I got 4.0 GPA with a silver medal, so dont tell me about 3.6 or 3.3 and its difficult etc. and thats the primary reason I get pissed when people who no intentions of studying and building a career get student visa coz their parents have money, come here have fun and then expect that govt would give them PR just coz they studied here. Deserving people will get nevertheless coz they have the skill and any system will recognize that.
not trying to offend anyone here but when i see that i came here 3 years ago, completed my school got job offer before graduating sem and now after 1 year exp and clb 9 ielts scores i got the ITA. I dont understand why people keeping shouting they are not getting ITA coz of the new system. Yes the new system is unfair if you look at the old system, but it's not really that bad. it helps get the right exp and skills in canada. Whats wrong in that.

Just a thought to think about, if one is deserving and competent enough, will find his way through without complaining and excuses

You mentioned you have done 2 year program and working for more than a year. I completed Bachelors in Electrical Engineering (4 year program) and working for more than a year as well. I calculated my score with max IELTS results (although I have less) just to check max score I can obtain. It shows 444 using CRS calculator. Do you have foreign experience or LMIA? or I'm missing something on my side?

Thanks.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Brother what is success according to you, completing education here and finding job might be success for some, but for someone else it could be different.
success and integration means whatever EE is looking for. Why do u think there exists EE why is there a point system under EE. Its cause they want to select economic immigrant who will be able to integrate and be successful in canada. What do they count as success is the same I am talking about not a philosophical concept of success. Dont bring refugees in economic immigration topic

Am saying this again, international students should definitely be given some extra considerations, but that doesn't make other categories any less qualified. Not all international students, who had their education in Canada have a great English language proficiency (that is a different story altogether).
agreed no argument there. both r required.

About paying taxes thing - you may not have said so, but quite a bunch of people here have mentioned that earlier. You and I were able to become more integrated to the Canadian society only because you and I were given a chance to be here, so we at least had a chance to be here, correct?
correct so we have a leg up and that should be reflected in EE.

In that case any one who gets a chance to be here may very well have no problem integrating to the Canadian life.
well thats a wrong assumption. Not all will integrate. and that will happen earlier before we get PR in most cases for international students. Outside people will get PR come here and then find out they cannot integrate. again these number may be small who know no data available.

Again I would like to emphasize a point here, that fighting for our rights is okay, but please that shouldn't come at the cost of disgracing someone and calling them names or calling their country as corrupt.
agreed I strongly believe canada needs more people where ever they come from is ok. Talented people or people who deserve should get PR

Also, just bringing in more population (even though, they are skilled) will not solve problems. If there are no jobs for all the people that are coming in, then we are all doomed.
no canada needs population canada has resources and population will help it get more prosperous. job will automatically get created. US population is 300mil canada is at 36 mill . infrastructure is poor in canada with skill and funding it can be improved. DO you know why grocery is so expensive in canada thats because of supply chain issue. Supply chain in canada is bad.

Again @mead, I didn't pin point you in any of my comments above, I was just talking about the general mood in this forum.
I know u didnt pin point me but there are others who have pin pointed international students hence I am just giving my view points

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
winnipeg141 said:
You mentioned you have done 2 year program and working for more than a year. I completed Bachelors in Electrical Engineering (4 year program) and working for more than a year as well. I calculated my score with max IELTS results (although I have less) just to check max score I can obtain. It shows 444 using CRS calculator. Do you have foreign experience or LMIA? or I'm missing something on my side?

Thanks.
Yes i have foreign experience.

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirtivsingh said:
thats the primary reason I get pissed when people who no intentions of studying and building a career get student visa coz their parents have money, come here have fun and then expect that govt would give them PR just coz they studied here.
No one has every said that in this thread. You are the only one keep saying give the pr status to anyone who studies here. No degree, no job = no pr.

kirtivsingh said:
Yes i have foreign experience.
And here is your advantage. Most young int'l students don't have foreign experience, they went straight from high school to university.

RamsayBolton said:
Ex: - applicant with perfect ielts score, bachelor degree (canadian or eca), 1 year working experience in Canada : 444 points
- applicant with perfect ielts score, bachelor degree (canadian or eca), 1 year working experience in Canada and 3 years foreign work experience (unverifiable) : 494 points

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
kirtivsingh said:
Buddy I got 4.0 GPA with a silver medal, so dont tell me about 3.6 or 3.3 and its difficult etc. and thats the primary reason I get pissed when people who no intentions of studying and building a career get student visa coz their parents have money, come here have fun and then expect that govt would give them PR just coz they studied here. Deserving people will get nevertheless coz they have the skill and any system will recognize that.
not trying to offend anyone here but when i see that i came here 3 years ago, completed my school got job offer before graduating sem and now after 1 year exp and clb 9 ielts scores i got the ITA. I dont understand why people keeping shouting they are not getting ITA coz of the new system. Yes the new system is unfair if you look at the old system, but it's not really that bad. it helps get the right exp and skills in canada. Whats wrong in that.

Just a thought to think about, if one is deserving and competent enough, will find his way through without complaining and excuses
no it doesnt it doesnt look at the profession meaning a cook with 1 year exp in canada and 1 year of exp in home country gets better points that a 2 year experience nurse in canada if all other factors remain same like age and IELTS. so does canada need a cook or a nurse? cause if i get sick i dont want a cook to nurse me while if a cook is missing I can cook for myself. just a very very broad example. not offending anyone

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Hansdza said:
Buddy,

Did you pay attention on what is being discussed here.. here s the thing. Assume you are a bachelor of engineering from University of Toronto, you are 23 yrs old, you worked your arse off at school your GPA is 4.00, you graduated with honor and you received a whole bunch of awards from your university. you have no foreign exp (you came to Canada right after high school). You have maximum English score possible. You don't speak any French at all. YOUR SCORE IS 444 with I year Canadian Exp.

Please tell me, which part is is wrong with your "profile" above?

Just a thought to think about, if one is deserving and competent enough, one will have a lot of difficulties in finding his way through the current EE scoring system
What about getting another year of experience? With CLB9, Bachelor and 2 years of Canadian experience you get 454 points.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's is exactly the point here. PGWP holders only have 3 yrs time frame. You need to secure 2 yrs full time experience to get that score within that 3 yrs. Imagine if you are in that person position, given the economic downturn finding a job is not as easy as flipping your hands. It takes time..

Imagine if you were that person, what would you do? Imagine if you were John McCallum, what would you do with this type of person?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Hansdza said:
That's is exactly the point here. PGWP holders only have 3 yrs time frame. You need to secure 2 yrs full time experience to get that score within that 3 yrs. Imagine if you are in that person position, given the economic downturn finding a job is not as easy as flipping your hands. It takes time..

Imagine if you were that person, what would you do? Imagine if you were John McCallum, what would you do with this type of person?
Well, 2 out of 3 years doesn't sound terrible. Don't forget after you applied for PR, you can also apply for BOWP if your PGWP is about to expire. So all in all, you just need to work 66% of time on PGWP to get necessary experience.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
anarsoul said:
What about getting another year of experience? With CLB9, Bachelor and 2 years of Canadian experience you get 454 points.
funny thing is if his experience is split between canada and home country(1 year canadian+1 year home country) he would be better off after 2 years than 2 years canadian experience

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anarsoul said:
Well, 2 out of 3 years doesn't sound terrible. Don't forget after you applied for PR, you can also apply for BOWP if your PGWP is about to expire. So all in all, you just need to work 66% of time on PGWP to get necessary experience.
Buddy, you take it less serious because you are not in that person situation. A word of advise for you. Get out from your own world, talk to young international students at top Universities in Canada, listen to their opinion.

Just because you are not experiencing other people's problem does not make such problem becomes easier..

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
just want to point out that these arguments r my way of blowing off steam as nothing is going to happen by discussing here

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
here is the twiter page of Immigration minister all international students do post ur views so he is aware
https://twitter.com/HonJohnMcCallum?lang=en

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
just want to point out that these arguments r my way of blowing off steam as nothing is going to happen by discussing here
A lot can happen by discussing here. For example, assembling good arguments and raising awareness to the situation!

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
I still wonder what Liberals can do to EE to improve situation for international students.

Give additional points for canadian education? That will raise passing score, since there're too many international students. College students still won't be able to compete with outlanders and TFWs.

Conduct a separate draw for CEC? Quota for CEC was only 21-23k for 2015, while for FSW it was 47-51k. There's no separate quota for CEC in 2016, total is 54-59k for federal programs. So if rate is similar, quota for CEC will be only 16.6k visas per year. So there'll be internal competition between college students, university students and TFWs. And it's likely that university students will win due to higher CRS.

So let's wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.