App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
I still haven't received the work permit in the post yet, I think it's 100% lost in the post. I seriously don't know how i can apply for a job without a work permit in hand. Even though the call center agent has given me the document number along with valid and expiry date. I am still not sure how i am able to apply for jobs without the SIN number.

R

robrod

If I were you Alibaba, I would go to the SIN office tomorrow with the number CIC gave you and expiry date , explain the problem and I'm sure they will issue you the SIN card right there and then... SIN people have access to CIC info for what I saw last time the reps from the SIN office were at my landing appointment at my local immigration office to exchange our SIN cards...
It's worth the trip in my opinion, good luck!.

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
robrod said:
If I were you Alibaba, I would go to the SIN office tomorrow with the number CIC gave you and expiry date , explain the problem and I'm sure they will issue you the SIN card right there and then... SIN people have access to CIC info for what I saw last time the reps from the SIN office were at my landing appointment at my local immigration office to exchange our SIN cards...
It's worth the trip in my opinion, good luck!.
Thanks Rob.

I will go to Service Ontario Office tomorrow and sort it out.. thanks

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
Went to CIC Friday to sign a form agreeing I cannot sponser my dependants in the future ..was a little sad really, but they can always come for a holiday :) and apply once their over 22 with other options .
Sorry to hear that eye, must have been hard, I do hope they visit soon. :)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Janadian said:
Hey kiwikris,
How was the weekend? A FB INLANDERS page is a great idea :) I'm just staring to get into the Christmas spirit. We will probaly go pick out a Christmas tree this weekend. Then we will get this Christmas thing rolling. I'm not a big fan of crouded malls so I'll wanna get the present part done ASAP. Any big plans?
Hi Janadian!
Any ideas on what we should call our page? Inlanders! Soon to be Canadian 2010 hehehe
I worked all weekend so pretty quiet, and still trying to send gifts back home for Christmas! We are running around a little late this year but we have a good excuse as we have just moved. :) How was your weekend? Ohhh are you getting a real tree? We are and we will go out this weekend as well to pick one! Can't wait, we have always had a real Christmas tree. :) No big plans, will be calling home our Christmas eve as it will be Christmas in NZ then, and there is only a few family members here. I am used to big family get togethers with lots of kids around, so will definitely be a quiet one compared to that! Also I am used to having a summer Christmas so I am loving the snow :) Have you many plans for the big day? Hope you managed to get your shopping done today. I'm not even attempting to go anywhere downtown....I'm not that crazy lol :)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
Merry Christmas to you all , hope you all here good news in the new year !

:D
Have a great Christmas Eye, I know the New Year will bring good news!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hi kiwikris,

What about "Our Inlander Family"? Not sure. I was also thinking last week how cool it would be to organize a date for all of us to meet in an online chat. We would plan a date and time that is good for everyone or at least most everyone and talk. I mean we may all may never get to actually meet in person but why can't we use technology for that?

silvapriscila

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-07-2010
Hey everyone! How are you all doing??
I called CIC this morning and they told me they are waiting on my background check from inside Canada.
I wish I could do something about it.. like call someone or somewhere.
I really don't know what is taking so long. I am 20.. there is really nothing in my life to investigate.
All i know is that i've been very obsessed with this process.
BUT the good news is that I should be getting my OWP on the mail tomorrow or Thursday.
and just want to let you guys know that I absolutely LOVE reading this thread. It makes me feel better everyday.

R

robrod

Welcome to the thread, Priscila!...
We're all waiting... most of us anyway... some members who have finished their whole process pop-by to say hello and wish us a fast conclusion to this thing.... I'm personally waiting for my PR card.
Best of luck but sounds like you are on the right track!.. patience does it.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silvapriscila said:
Hey everyone! How are you all doing??
I called CIC this morning and they told me they are waiting on my background check from inside Canada.
I wish I could do something about it.. like call someone or somewhere.
I really don't know what is taking so long. I am 20.. there is really nothing in my life to investigate.
All i know is that i've been very obsessed with this process.
BUT the good news is that I should be getting my OWP on the mail tomorrow or Thursday.
and just want to let you guys know that I absolutely LOVE reading this thread. It makes me feel better everyday.
Hi Priscila,
Where are you from? Have you traveled a lot? If you have this may be the reason for delays on 2nd stage.
Another question if I may, are you married or in a common-law relationship?
Thank u! :)

silvapriscila

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-07-2010
boasorte said:
Hi Priscila,
Where are you from? Have you traveled a lot? If you have this may be the reason for delays on 2nd stage.
Another question if I may, are you married or in a common-law relationship?
Thank u! :)
I am from Brazil and I've only been to Canada. First time as a student and then as a visitor.

Yes, I'm married. And we deeply regret not applying outland, it would have been so much faster and easier. I know a girl that applied in April and she is already getting her PR.

Are you Portuguese as well?? BOA SORTE to you :)

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello friends, I call agent lady, she said everyone has to wait atleast 8 to 9 months, than you have AIP....OWP....I-cas....etc. Is immigration offices also have long holidays during Christmas time?

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Love_Young said:
Hi kiwikris,

What about "Our Inlander Family"? Not sure. I was also thinking last week how cool it would be to organize a date for all of us to meet in an online chat. We would plan a date and time that is good for everyone or at least most everyone and talk. I mean we may all may never get to actually meet in person but why can't we use technology for that?
Sounds great Love_Young, I like the name :) Do you mean online chat on here?

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
silvapriscila said:
I am from Brazil and I've only been to Canada. First time as a student and then as a visitor.

Yes, I'm married. And we deeply regret not applying outland, it would have been so much faster and easier. I know a girl that applied in April and she is already getting her PR.

Are you Portuguese as well?? BOA SORTE to you :)
Welcome Priscila :) I totally understad your regret, I only found out last month that we could have applied outland and I would have had PR by now as well, the processing times for my local office is 4 months! Crazyness, but can't change things now. We applied just a few days apart and we are both waiting fro second stage I see. Things will improve with OWP as you can work and there are no restrictions as with previous work permits. Not sure where you are or which province but you may also be entitled to free language classes. They only do French/English, so that is if you don't know French already :)
I wish you all the best and good luck! We would love to hear how you progress and when you get PR :)

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hello friends, I call agent lady, she said everyone has to wait atleast 8 to 9 months, than you have AIP....OWP....I-cas....etc.
I think most of us are aware of it... anyway thanks for sharing your "experience" with CIC call center...