+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spouse Sponsorship (Quebec)

gellyvezina

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec
App. Filed.......
December 14,2017
Not for spouse or common-law sponsorship (you use Kit A). You only need to do the financial evaluation if your situation falls into Kit B.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/apply/undertaking-application/index.html

I was surprised about this (as we didn't have to do financial evaluation for the Canadian application so I thought we'd have to do it for the Quebec application. I called to double check and we don't need it. I submitted my application early Jan and got the CSQ before the end of the month.
omg thanks for your reply. Yes we dont need to fill out the financial evaluation form :) I am a bit worried because the request letter we received last February 1 and my husband didnt notice it and it says on the letter it must be submitted within 30days. we submitted it yesterday (March 6) 6day late :(

sffekri

Mar 14, 2018
Here is our case:
Application received Oct 10 2017
Spnoser approved: 20 Dec 2017
Application linked: Jan 10 2018
Feb 5: Request for RPR and CSQ
Applied Feb 8 for CSQ, but application returned

In February 5, 2018 we were asked to apply for CSQ. As soon as we received the request, we applied for it. This was the letter we got:
====================================================================
Dear ….:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

• CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministere de rtmmigration, de la Diversité et de I'lnclusion This must be received at this office by: 2018/03/07
  • RPRF: Please pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee and submit proof of payment to our office This must be received at this office by. 2018/03/07
Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/enqlish/information/security/police-cert/index.aspu
Instructions to obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) can be found on this website:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter.

===========================================================================

However, Quebec immigration office returned our application and explained that the letter which shows our sponsorship is approved is missing despite the fact that we have received that letter and submitted it for CSQ. also we called them and illustrate for them the situation but they insisted that that letter is missing.
we did not have time because the deadline for submitting our CSQ was march 5 so we sent all above explanation to CIC but we did not receive response. What type of letter should we receive from CIC and submit to Quebec immigration for Approval?
Thanks in advance for help

Last edited:

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Hi everyone. Please forgive me for asking this question that you’ve probably answered before. How soon after AOR do you get the CSQ request?
Mine only came at the end of the process... 11 months. I don't really understand how it works. Some people get the letter requesting the CSQ at the very beginning and some at the very end..

Reactions: Atecami

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
You need to send the invitation letter you get from the CIC inviting you to apply for the CSQ. Ours came with the sponsor approval letter. I think when you get this letter depends on whether you apply inland or outland.

sffekri

Mar 14, 2018
You need to send the invitation letter you get from the CIC inviting you to apply for the CSQ. Ours came with the sponsor approval letter. I think when you get this letter depends on whether you apply inland or outland.
Well we applied inland, and we got the letter from CIC to apply for CSQ but Immigration Quebec says this is not THE letter, in the letter they accept it has to be expliciltly written that "Parinage est recevable" or "undertsaking (sponsership) is approved" but our letter as I put it in my previous post doesnt explictly state that, depite the fact that we submited the "approved sponsership" letter.

sffekri

Mar 14, 2018
Just updating!

Received SA and CSQ request.
Can you please tell me what format your letter is: is it this:

===================================================================================
Dear ….:
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

• CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministere de rtmmigration, de la Diversité et de I'lnclusion This must be received at this office by: 2018/03/07
  • RPRF: Please pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee and submit proof of payment to our office This must be received at this office by. 2018/03/07
Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/enqlish/information/security/police-cert/index.aspu
Instructions to obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) can be found on this website:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter.

===========================================================================

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
No, ours said this:

"Provincial Requirements for Residents of Québec
As a reminder, if you are a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de l'immigration, de la diversité et de l'inclusion (MIDI) website at www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca (Sponsors and Sponsored Persons section). Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIDI at the address provided in the provincial guide. Do not submit any of the MIDI forms to this office as they will only be returned to you. You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your undertaking application to MIDI. If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. You may print a copy to be enclosed with your undertaking application to MIDI. For further information regarding provincial requirements, please contact the Province of Québec General Inquiries Services at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191."

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Have a look through the prior communications you received from IRCC. This paragraph was in a letter we received from the IRCC that my partner had been approved to sponsor. We didn't get a separate letter inviting us to apply.

If you don't have the invitation, you will need to contact the IRCC for this document as the MIDI won't process your CSQ without it.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
No, ours said this:

"Provincial Requirements for Residents of Québec
As a reminder, if you are a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de l'immigration, de la diversité et de l'inclusion (MIDI) website at www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca (Sponsors and Sponsored Persons section). Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIDI at the address provided in the provincial guide. Do not submit any of the MIDI forms to this office as they will only be returned to you. You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your undertaking application to MIDI. If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. You may print a copy to be enclosed with your undertaking application to MIDI. For further information regarding provincial requirements, please contact the Province of Québec General Inquiries Services at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191."
This is what ours said as well! :)

Reactions: WorkerInCanada123

shmoops

Aug 27, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
Hi everyone!

How much does the medical exam cost here in montreal and could anyone recommend a panel physician?

Thank you!!

Hummingbird876

Feb 8, 2018
Category........
FAM
Good morning.
Does anyone know if applicants are able to go to the government sponsored French classes with work permit and Quebec selection certificate?

Reactions: SunnyK17