+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spouse Sponsorship (Quebec)

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hello, It took me about 20~ days to receive my CSQ certificate from MIDI, after that I uploaded it to mycic via webform, I received a confirmation email about a week later. You can check my timelime below on my signature/profile.
I see! Wow thats a great news that CSQ doesn't take much time! And great that you were able to do medical upfront! I heard that usually they would ask for request for that

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
I see! Wow thats a great news that CSQ doesn't take much time! And great that you were able to do medical upfront! I heard that usually they would ask for request for that
I provided medical upfront because my visitor status was going to expire before receiving my AOR so I wanted to be on the safe side and requested for a visitor extension before sending my PR application (and it needed the medical exam), since I already had performed the exam, I guessed it wouldn't hurt to add it to the PR app.

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
Hello, It took me about 20~ days to receive my CSQ certificate from MIDI, after that I uploaded it to mycic via webform, I received a confirmation email about a week later. You can check my timelime below on my signature/profile.
Hello Haire,
Will we receive confirmation letter from IRCC after uploading CSQ certificate? I did the same for my wife but we did not get any confirmation letter.

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Hello Haire,
Will we receive confirmation letter from IRCC after uploading CSQ certificate? I did the same for my wife but we did not get any confirmation letter.
How did you upload it? I had to upload via webform and it took about 7-8 days for them to email me this:
"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that your documents were received by the office processing your file.

Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed during the processing of your application."

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
Hello,

I submitted the inland PR application to sponsor my wife from Quebec. We received our CSQ & OWP and currently waiting for Medical request and approval of application. I had few queries regarding our application:
1) Will we be eligible to travel outside Canada when our application is in progress?
2) Since my wife received her OWP, is she eligible to receive her RAMQ health card? Because when we went to RAMQ, they asked for our approval letter from CIC, which we are yet to receive.

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
How did you upload it? I had to upload via webform and it took about 7-8 days for them to email me this:
"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that your documents were received by the office processing your file.

Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed during the processing of your application."
I uploaded it in online account where we linked our online application. It asked for CSQ as one of the documents required.

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hello,

I submitted the inland PR application to sponsor my wife from Quebec. We received our CSQ & OWP and currently waiting for Medical request and approval of application. I had few queries regarding our application:
1) Will we be eligible to travel outside Canada when our application is in progress?
2) Since my wife received her OWP, is she eligible to receive her RAMQ health card? Because when we went to RAMQ, they asked for our approval letter from CIC, which we are yet to receive.
Hi, I was on their website today and as far as I understood after OWP you supposed to be eligible for Health card but there is supposed to be a waiting period of 3 months since your request (to RAMQ). Did you guys call them? When was she registered?and what documents she provided when she registered?

canadasnk

Mar 11, 2017
Hello,

Hi There!

Just curious to how long it took to receive your OWP for a quebec applicant?

Thanks!

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Wait.. So am I understanding this? If I apply INLAND, I can get health insurance? Also from Quebec! Currently in Quebec Visiting.. Will be applying by the 15th of this month!

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Wait.. So am I understanding this? If I apply INLAND, I can get health insurance? Also from Quebec! Currently in Quebec Visiting.. Will be applying by the 15th of this month!
I've been reading about this and apparently RAMQ doesn't cover Open Work Permits under the family class sponsorship. You need an specific work permit with the name of the employer on it to qualify as a temporary worker because they say that's the only way they have to ensure you'll be working in Québec only, among other reasons.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
I've been reading about this and apparently RAMQ doesn't cover Open Work Permits under the family class sponsorship. You need an specific work permit with the name of the employer on it to qualify as a temporary worker because they say that's the only way they have to ensure you'll be working in Québec only, among other reasons.
Okay! We're probably applying outland. :D

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
There may be a way around this once you get the CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate). You get a request to apply shortly after you get AOR, then it takes approximately 1 month to get it. The CSQ may quality you for the RAMQ - you should look into it!

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
There may be a way around this once you get the CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate). You get a request to apply shortly after you get AOR, then it takes approximately 1 month to get it. The CSQ may quality you for the RAMQ - you should look into it!
You suposed to get a request for CSQ after AOR(when they basically open your file) or after the sponsor's been approved?