vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
Hey all!

I'm just starting a new thread here for anyone recently going through the Quebec Spouse Sponsorship!
Maybe we can help eachother out! :)

So far, my husband and I have submitted our application package + OWP to the CIC office in Mississauga.
We have received an email yesterday for the Principal Applicant to link the UCI and Application Number with the GCKey... Unfortunately, we were not able to link the application. Will try again tonight.

Does anyone know if this emails confirms that my husband (PA) now has an "implied status" to remain in Canada? His tourist visa ends December 2... We would like to know asap to make sure he remains in Canada legally!

Let us know if you're in the same boat! :)

Reactions: Deh_avilla

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
This email indicates that the application has everything they need for sponsorship. You will need to wait to hear about OWP. He does however have implied status until you hear back about the OWP and a decision is made. No need to extend

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
This email indicates that the application has everything they need for sponsorship. You will need to wait to hear about OWP. He does however have implied status until you hear back about the OWP and a decision is made. No need to extend
Awesome, thank you!

canadasnk

Mar 11, 2017
Hi there,

My husband is just about to submit his application and going through quebec! Will post any updates here :)

Reactions: vhst

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
Hi there,

My husband is just about to submit his application and going through quebec! Will post any updates here :)
Sounds great! :) We just received our very first reply from the CIC. It took us exactly 9 weeks, good luck!!

Reactions: canadasnk

canadasnk

Mar 11, 2017
@vhst did you submit any proof of income? I know on the document checklist it says to provide either notice of assessment or proof of income statement except if you are a quebec resident - then you do not need this, so I just wanted to make sure we are ok with not submitting it!

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
@vhst did you submit any proof of income? I know on the document checklist it says to provide either notice of assessment or proof of income statement except if you are a quebec resident - then you do not need this, so I just wanted to make sure we are ok with not submitting it!
No you don't need to

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
No I did not submit any proof of income for the CIC application! :)

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
No I did not submit any proof of income for the CIC application! :)
We did however submit pages and pages of proof of shared bills! Grocery, restaurant, electricity, apartment, etc!

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
About the application for the Open Work Permit, how much do we have to pay? With the spouse sponsorship within Canada.

shmoops

Aug 27, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
Following. Submitted our application Dec.18,2017

Reactions: vhst

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
Hi guys! We have received the CSQ letter from Quebec this week... What is the next step, should we submit it directly to the Mississauga CPC ?

Thank you!

Reactions: SunnyK17

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi guys! We have received the CSQ letter from Quebec this week... What is the next step, should we submit it directly to the Mississauga CPC ?

Thank you!
Congrats! Thats great! How long did it take to get the CSQ after submission and when did you get a request for CSQ, and when did you apply for PR?

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Congrats! Thats great! How long did it take to get the CSQ after submission and when did you get a request for CSQ, and when did you apply for PR?
Hello, It took me about 20~ days to receive my CSQ certificate from MIDI, after that I uploaded it to mycic via webform, I received a confirmation email about a week later. You can check my timelime below on my signature/profile.