+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spouse Sponsorship (Quebec)

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
Hi, I was on their website today and as far as I understood after OWP you supposed to be eligible for Health card but there is supposed to be a waiting period of 3 months since your request (to RAMQ). Did you guys call them? When was she registered?and what documents she provided when she registered?
Hello,

We have been waiting and it is more than 3 months. We will call them now. We provided all the documents that was requested in RAMQ except the approval letter from CIC. They were requesting for approval letter from CIC since it was family sponsorship. CIC provides approval letter only at the final stages. Did you get the health card?

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hello,

We have been waiting and it is more than 3 months. We will call them now. We provided all the documents that was requested in RAMQ except the approval letter from CIC. They were requesting for approval letter from CIC since it was family sponsorship. CIC provides approval letter only at the final stages. Did you get the health card?
No I am still waiting for my OWP. Do you think they will give a health card without CIC approval (since its going to happen only at the final stage)?

shmoops

Aug 27, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
Can we already register for the french classes offered by MIDI once we have our CSQ already?

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Can we already register for the french classes offered by MIDI once we have our CSQ already?
You need your OWP, a study permit or AIP (approval in principle) to subscribe, additionally to your CSQ. You cannot subscribe as a tourist or while having implied status. They have the requirements and all info on their website. I got my OWP and SIN on November and requested the subscription online for the classes on December for full time with paid allowance (140$ a week) and they replied to me on January 22~ I'll start on February 7th!

Reactions: spacemonkey1o1

shmoops

Aug 27, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
You need your OWP, a study permit or AIP (approval in principle) to subscribe, additionally to your CSQ. You cannot subscribe as a tourist or while having implied status. They have the requirements and all info on their website. I got my OWP and SIN on November and requested the subscription online for the classes on December for full time with paid allowance (140$ a week) and they replied to me on January 22~ I'll start on February 7th!
Thank you very much and good luck on your french class!

shmoops

Aug 27, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
Hi everyone! I am the sponsor and I received an email confirming our application. The provincial requirements are also listed in the letter such as undertaking and the csq. Is this already the request for CSQ that we will send IRCC? Or is it just a sponsor AOR?

galore

Nov 29, 2017
I'm outland but assume the process is the same - had a question! Still waiting on SA, but once invite to apply to CSQ comes, do they provide an online way for both sponsor and principal applicant to do that? Or should I fill out some paper forms ahead of time so it's ready to mail? Thank you!

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
Hey guys, I just received my CSQ and am wondering if they want us to upload it to our CIC account online? If so then do they eventually have a slot there to upload it because I don't see one at the moment but I did just get the approval yesterday.

Also another question, I read in my CSQ that it says I can apply for Quebecs health coverage, RAMQ, as long as I have my CSQ and have proof that my PR application is in process. Is this true or do I need to wait for to have my PR approved?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Hey guys, I just received my CSQ and am wondering if they want us to upload it to our CIC account online? If so then do they eventually have a slot there to upload it because I don't see one at the moment but I did just get the approval yesterday.

Also another question, I read in my CSQ that it says I can apply for Quebecs health coverage, RAMQ, as long as I have my CSQ and have proof that my PR application is in process. Is this true or do I need to wait for to have my PR approved?

Thanks for the help!
In my case, it was a document requested in mycic account along the police certificate and schedule A, however since I uploaded the last two ones without the CSQ (because I was impatient) I sent it via webform! They replied to me about a week after. I've heard people who said you don't have to send it to cic, but I got mailed both my CSQ copy and the one corresponding to cic with instructions to send it. I'd still send it through webform to be safe!

Regarding the RAMQ I believe you first need your SIN, and to obtain it you need your work permit... Either that or you need approval in principle

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
In my case, it was a document requested in mycic account along the police certificate and schedule A, however since I uploaded the last two ones without the CSQ (because I was impatient) I sent it via webform! They replied to me about a week after. I've heard people who said you don't have to send it to cic, but I got mailed both my CSQ copy and the one corresponding to cic with instructions to send it. I'd still send it through webform to be safe!

Regarding the RAMQ I believe you first need your SIN, and to obtain it you need your work permit... Either that or you need approval in principle
Okay Thanks!
Now when you say send it through webform what exactly do you mean?
I will keep an eye out in my account to see if there is a place to upload it soon.

For the RAMQ, I got the approval for work permit a few days ago and think I will get it in the mail next week, does it come with a SIN or do I need to go get one once I receive the work permit? I am just excited that I may be able to get health coverage much earlier then anticipated since I thought I would have to wait the 3 months after receiving my PR.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Okay Thanks!
Now when you say send it through webform what exactly do you mean?
I will keep an eye out in my account to see if there is a place to upload it soon.

For the RAMQ, I got the approval for work permit a few days ago and think I will get it in the mail next week, does it come with a SIN or do I need to go get one once I receive the work permit? I am just excited that I may be able to get health coverage much earlier then anticipated since I thought I would have to wait the 3 months after receiving my PR.
The (up to) 3 months waiting will be applied anyway for RAMQ from the time you become eligible. SIN does not come with the work permit, but with the work permit in hands, you go to a service Canada office and get a SIN in few minutes. Regarding the coverage from RAMQ, you need either to be approved in principle (which comes late in the process of sponsorship) or be a full-time worker (simply having the work permit will not make you eligible).

Regarding the webform to upload documents, we used to use that link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
I don't know if, now that application are linked to an online account, you can upload directly from your account or not. I was not possible when we were in the process.

Reactions: spacemonkey1o1