**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

zms13

Mar 7, 2019
Started background check today!

Application received by CIC: Jan 21
AOR Recieved: Mar 9
Linked on GCKey: Mar 9
Medical Request: March 21
Medical Passed: April 11 (previously posted April 9 but that was a mistake)
OWP: Returned due to insufficient payment which was resent immediately and received Mar 26, 2019
OWP Linked: April 26
Background Check Started: May 14

Reactions: kristoph29

abhi123

Sep 27, 2014
Started background check today!

Application received by CIC: Jan 21
AOR Recieved: Mar 9
Linked on GCKey: Mar 9
Medical Request: March 21
Medical Passed: April 11 (previously posted April 9 but that was a mistake)
OWP: Returned due to insufficient payment which was resent immediately and received Mar 26, 2019
OWP Linked: April 26
Background Check Started: May 14
Did it get updated on ecas? Jan 22 still waiting. No access to gckey.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
I would question that advice of 111 days since OWP together with PR. Check out this forum, December applicants who had to resubmit are just starting to get theirs 3 months after re-submission: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-work-permit-app-returned-due-to-insufficient-payment.520640/page-8
Well as I shared before I called the CIC call center. I did ask whether from the date I resubmitted the OWP thats where I should start counting another 4 months, instead of my original submission? The agent told me that CIC will stick and consider the date of my original submission Due to below situations

Again if you sent your OWP and PR together, they will consider the original date that it was received. Thats why when they'd send us back the OWP there was a letter with clear instruction to put it back in the package and send to edmonton. My owp form got a stamp also that it was received Jan 25 in missisauga.

If you applied for OWP Only (without PR) and it was returned to you then the process will start over from the date when you resubmitted it. Coz basically there isnt any other thing to consider without a pr app.

It is nearing 111 days from my original submission date and i havent got my owp approved neither start reviewing my eligibility. I would be calling them on the 112 days to find out if the agent was right

So far or as far I know i havent peruse any comments that they get their owp exactly 4 months after RE-SUBMISSION.

CIC as stated on the website they will endeavour to work within the 4 months processing time or could be earlier otherwise you have some issues such as being out of status your owp app will not be processed

Reactions: zms13 and Kylger

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
Almost same timeline here
Application Received: Jan 25, 2019
Sponsor AOR: March 14
MR: March 20
OWP Returned and Resubmitted: Mar 26
OWP linked: April 25
OWP:Your application is in process. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility

It is nearing 111 days since I sent my OWP (together with PR) in Jan 25

FYI, for those with OWP returned due fo any reasons the processing time will still be the date when you sent your PR and OWP together. I have confirmed this when I made a call to CIC and posted it here before.

Count 111 days and if you didnt get owp approval make a ff up the next day and we will see.

Please share those who have been approved exactly 111 days.
Hi,

I received an email saying your work permit is approved and you will receive the letter in mail in 6-7 days.
Application date: 15th Jan
AOR PR received date: 6th Mar

I got it excatly in 4 months. You will also receive soon. All the best! :)

Reactions: kristoph29

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Hi,

I received an email saying your work permit is approved and you will receive the letter in mail in 6-7 days.
Application date: 15th Jan
AOR PR received date: 6th Mar

I got it excatly in 4 months. You will also receive soon. All the best! :)

Congratulations! And thanks for taking time to share. Good luck to your job hunting!

Reactions: Rekhapatel

ramaro7

Mar 15, 2018
Hi all - I am sponsoring my spouse and the status of her application changed to "processing your background check". Our application was received on Jan 15th. Does anyone know what the timelines / process from here?

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hi everyone,
I have talked to my lawyer and he told me that I would creat an EE account but without accompanying my spouse in order to increase my point to get invitation. Then I would be apply for myself first. After i get my Pr, then I will be able to sponsor my spouse after eventhough she is sudying right now. im wondering if this is even possible because cic would ask why didnt I apply together before but now. (the lawyer said we can tell she didnt want to stay that time but now) This does not sound right to me. Anyone has same case can guve me some advices please
Many thanks

Shayna22

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
AOR Received.
October 11,2017
Passport Req..
January 11,2018
LANDED..........
16-2-2018
Hi everyone,
I have talked to my lawyer and he told me that I would creat an EE account but without accompanying my spouse in order to increase my point to get invitation. Then I would be apply for myself first. After i get my Pr, then I will be able to sponsor my spouse after eventhough she is sudying right now. im wondering if this is even possible because cic would ask why didnt I apply together before but now. (the lawyer said we can tell she didnt want to stay that time but now) This does not sound right to me. Anyone has same case can guve me some advices please
Many thanks
Are you both in Canada? If so then I would assume your wife is an international student. To improve points it is best for both spouses to do the english exam. Have academic credentials assesed by WES or another acceptable company. Use crs tool to get a rough estimate of points if both of you do the mention above. Also, are you plannning to apply as federal skilled or Canadian experience class?

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Are you both in Canada? If so then I would assume your wife is an international student. To improve points it is best for both spouses to do the english exam. Have academic credentials assesed by WES or another acceptable company. Use crs tool to get a rough estimate of points if both of you do the mention above. Also, are you plannning to apply as federal skilled or Canadian experience class?
Thanks you for your reply
Yes we are both in Canada. Im planning to apply under CEC, and we both did all we could to maximize our point(english test, WES, etc) However it still takes long time for us to have enough point since it’s getting higher over time. I talked to lawyer and he suggest me to apply but not accompanying my wife in my EE account so that I would be enough point for invitation. After I get PR I then sponsor my wife from inside Canada. My concern is Cic would question me why didnt I accompany spouse at first but then and deny my wife application. My lawyer suggested me to tell that she just changed her mind after all and I have the right to do so. Im wondering if this is legal and possible. Hopefully anyone has experienced this before could give me some advices :(

Shayna22

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
AOR Received.
October 11,2017
Passport Req..
January 11,2018
LANDED..........
16-2-2018
Thanks you for your reply
Yes we are both in Canada. Im planning to apply under CEC, and we both did all we could to maximize our point(english test, WES, etc) However it still takes long time for us to have enough point since it’s getting higher over time. I talked to lawyer and he suggest me to apply but not accompanying my wife in my EE account so that I would be enough point for invitation. After I get PR I then sponsor my wife from inside Canada. My concern is Cic would question me why didnt I accompany spouse at first but then and deny my wife application. My lawyer suggested me to tell that she just changed her mind after all and I have the right to do so. Im wondering if this is legal and possible. Hopefully anyone has experienced this before could give me some advices :(
The fact that both of you are in Canada could cause cic to question why your wife will not be joining you. You can check these two threads and see if they help. It is better if the spouse with the stronger credentials becomes primary applicant.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-express-entry-profiles-for-husband-and-wife.505312/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/any-married-person-applied-alone-got-ita-and-pr.486430/

Reactions: David1905

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
The fact that both of you are in Canada could cause cic to question why your wife will not be joining you. You can check these two threads and see if they help. It is better if the spouse with the stronger credentials becomes primary applicant.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-express-entry-profiles-for-husband-and-wife.505312/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/any-married-person-applied-alone-got-ita-and-pr.486430/
That’s what I thought too. Many thanks Shayna :)