Jul 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
November 30, 2018
Hey Guys
Please, can I create two different express entry profiles for me and my wife and everyone will add the other as dependent?

Second, I only have my PhD credential assessment, do I need to have my bachelor and master as well or it does not matter?

Thanks for your help and replies

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yes but
Hey Guys
Please, can I create two different express entry profiles for me and my wife and everyone will add the other as dependent?

Second, I only have my PhD credential assessment, do I need to have my bachelor and master as well or it does not matter?

you have to withdraw one when one of you gets ITA. If the points for one of the application are above the average cutoff no need to do both. Our CRS score was 475 points so we didn't bother "doubling our chances"

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
A lot of couples do this but it's really unnecessary and a waste of time.

Whoever among you is younger, better qualified and has scored better in IELTS will a higher CRS. That person should create his or her profile and the other spouse will be the dependent.

Usually the highest degree you have is assessed. In rare cases and depending on where you got your degree from, you're asked to get both your Bachelors and Masters assessed as well.

Good luck.

Reactions: Ojay1

sandycan10

Aug 8, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Out of the two, If one gets the PR, will the other partner get the work permit by default or an application need to be made?
From employment point of view, does it hold the same weight age as the PR?

Thanks in advance!!!

KV_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Out of the two, If one gets the PR, will the other partner get the work permit by default or an application need to be made?
From employment point of view, does it hold the same weight age as the PR?

Thanks in advance!!!
If you apply together as a couple in joint application with either one of you as primary applicant, you will both get the same PR. Primary applicant is relevant only up till the landing stage. After that, you both will have the same PR, same rights to work/health benefits.

As far as I know, there is no distinction at all.

Reactions: sandycan10

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
If you apply together as a couple in joint application with either one of you as primary applicant, you will both get the same PR. Primary applicant is relevant only up till the landing stage. After that, you both will have the same PR, same rights to work/health benefits.

As far as I know, there is no distinction at all.
If the primary applicant is not joining and if the spouse is landing, will the spouse get PR?

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
No, the primary applicant has to land first.
Thanks. How long the main applicant should stay in Canada after landed and activated PR status? Will this be activated immediately without an effort?

Will it affect the main applicant's or defendant's (travelling later) PR status if main applicant returns in 1 month before dependent travels?

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Landing means the PR status is granted. PA can return immediately if they wish (observing any quarantine-related restrictions, of course).

No impact on dependents due to this. But dependents must land before COPR / visa expiry.

Note everyone must meet the residency obligation, which is spending 2 years out of every 5 years in Canada, or else they face losing their status. The 2 years need not be continuous.
Thank you so much for detailed information.

Main applicant may not stay longer for 2 years in Canada, because of continuing research in another country. Most probably will return soon. In case, if the main applicant doesn't meet the residency requirement, but the dependent meets the residency requirement of 2 years of stay, will it impact on the dependent's PR status?

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
No, the dependent will not be affected if the PA loses PR status.
Hi. I'm going through FSW. Am I bound to any specific province or am I able to land anywhere in Canada to activate my PR status?

Main applicant and dependents are landing in two different provinces. Is that okay?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hey Guys

You can but it's senseless to have 2.

Logically you would use the one that would signify more points overall.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi. I'm going through FSW. Am I bound to any specific province or am I able to land anywhere in Canada to activate my PR status?

Main applicant and dependents are landing in two different provinces. Is that okay?
What you do once you land in Canada is your business and your business only.

Through FSW, you should be planning to live anywhere in the country but the province of Québec.