+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
From my observations on this forum, when fingerprints were requested, 99% of the time it was the same day or a day after background check started. So if yours started I would say it's safe to assume that they don't need it. And I believe it's actually based on a name check (ie a criminal has the same/similar name as you).
Thank you very much. I read cic website says it depends on what country, if you are from those specified countries then you will be asked. I already did my finger prints twice recently for obtaining my security clearance for my work, idk if that counts? They did not ask me for fingerprint only my police certificate from my country. In addition, i live in canada for 11 years, i guess it has nothing to do with the duration i stayed in canada.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Hello,
I received a mail today from IRCC stating that I have not provided proof for cohabitation. Even though we did. I remember providing
  • Separate phone bills but with common address
  • Manulife Insurance with Spouse name in it
  • Sponsor Drivers License, Spouse's RAMQ etc

I am thinking to add my Spouse to lease and provide that as proof and create a joint account by next week. Besides can you guys please help me out if i am missing something. Your help is appreciated

KATIE1304

Jan 8, 2019
anyone having trouble logging on into CIC account using gckey? is the system down? I am trying since morning it says system error.

Cbltmore

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
I just received letter from CIC stating they need more information proof of cohabitation. what should we do she has no drivers license so its hard to get id to open up bank accounts etc. what other proofs did you guys provide? wife has been in canada for just 6 months
I got that too.....

Pooriak

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi all , I have a question, Gonna be thankful if any body answer me ,
I didn’t get any medical exam & my background check just started , is it normal ? Cause as I see background check is after medical exam

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
Hi all , I have a question, Gonna be thankful if any body answer me ,
I didn’t get any medical exam & my background check just started , is it normal ? Cause as I see background check is after medical exam
The medical exam doesn't have a particular order. There are applications where the applicant is asked to do the exam shortly before receiving Decision Made.

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
Hello,
I received a mail today from IRCC stating that I have not provided proof for cohabitation. Even though we did. I remember providing
  • Separate phone bills but with common address
  • Manulife Insurance with Spouse name in it
  • Sponsor Drivers License, Spouse's RAMQ etc

I am thinking to add my Spouse to lease and provide that as proof and create a joint account by next week. Besides can you guys please help me out if i am missing something. Your help is appreciated
Credit card statements proving same address, copies of greeting cards from family and friends from your wedding, pay stubs with same address, home and auto insurance, tax benefits documents showing each others names as spouse, money transfers...