+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
My time line:
Inland sponsorship + owp

App recieved: 4th of Jan. 2019
App started to process: 28th of Feb, 2019)
Medical request: 6th of March, 2019
Medical: done on 8th of March, 2019
Medical received : 13th of March, 2019
OWP: letter approved 28th of March, 2019
Owp received: April 1st, 2019

Reactions: sms1982

mahdikhademi

Oct 23, 2017
My time line:
Inland sponsorship + owp

App recieved: 4th of Jan. 2019
App started to process: 28th of Feb, 2019)
Medical request: 6th of March, 2019
Medical: done on 8th of March, 2019
Medical received : 13th of March, 2019
OWP: letter approved 28th of March, 2019
Owp received: April 1st, 2019
I can't link my work permit even I receive my medical.can you explain a little bit for me?

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I can't link my work permit even I receive my medical.can you explain a little bit for me?
For some people it takes a little bit of time!! I have seen people receiving their OWP after they get approved in principle on their sponsorship application. I hope you get it asap, patience is the key now!

Reactions: xan and mrowkamb16

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Just a note to those who will do medical check, please ensure your doctor will not be away the coming week or so after you have done all the tests. Mine is holding up by my doctor as he is away, but I have checked with the nurse that all testings are good to go, but they need doctor's final check in order to approve on the system.

She asked me to upload the document that they gave me as proof for the medical check on that day to the system. But I have no idea where I should upload it. Does anybody has the same experience?

My advice...be sure the doctor is there to speed up the process.

dwmartin

Sep 27, 2018
UPDATED TIMELINE :

Application (Spousal Sponsorship/OWP) Received - January 29, 2019
AOR - March 16th, 2019
Medical Request - March 21st, 2019
Medical Exam Done - March 25th, 2019
Medical Exam Passed - April 15, 2019 (give or take a few days because I haven't been regularly checking)
OWP Approval - March 26th, 2019
OWP in Mail - April 2nd, 2019

Now I just assume it's waiting for IRCC to start the background check?

Reactions: sms1982

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
"She asked me to upload the document that they gave me as proof for the medical check on that day to the system. But I have no idea where I should upload it. Does anybody has the same experience?
We were also asked to upload our copy of the medical doc (the one they gave us to take home on the day of the test); the reason was that we had a hard time getting an appointment and were close to the end of the 30 day period. If you have undergone the test within 30 days, you should be fine - even if the clinic is later than that in submitting the final results. Still, the clinic wanted us to upload a pdf of the doc just as a guarantee.

We did so but, as it turned out, we didn't need it. The clinic submitted very quickly. But, I suppose in some cases, depending on the test results, it might take more time.

This is where we uploaded:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
I can't remember, but I think we picked 'Sponsorship' from the first dropdown, and went from there.

Last edited:

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
Hey guys,
Medical was done but our non accompanying child back home has yet to do theirs therefore I don't believe gckey will be updated until that is complete.

What does your gckey state for background check? Ours says, not requred. Is that the norm at this stage in the game?

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hey guys,
Medical was done but our non accompanying child back home has yet to do theirs therefore I don't believe gckey will be updated until that is complete.

What does your gckey state for background check? Ours says, not requred. Is that the norm at this stage in the game?
For me it says "not applicable". I think they will start the background check later.

Reactions: xan and mrowkamb16

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hey guys,

Yeah that's normal. Most end of November applicants haven't had theirs started, but some December applicants do, so it's a bit harder to follow (compared to the AOR stage where it's pretty much day by day). Looks like this is where timelines start to differ from one applicant to the other.

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
Anyone else who's still waiting for the approval of OWP?

Don't know what happened to mine, it's been more than a month since I got my AOR.

No update since I got my medical request last Mar 27.

:(:(:(

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Anyone else who's still waiting for the approval of OWP?

Don't know what happened to mine, it's been more than a month since I got my AOR.

No update since I got my medical request last Mar 27.

:(:(:(
As long as they didn't return it I wouldn't worry. And if you look at the spreadsheet you can see you're not the only one still waiting. I know it's stressful and a little unfair but keep in mind that the chance they'll reject it is extremely small. Try to stay positive. :)

Reactions: xan and issorv

BelgradianDama

Mar 19, 2019
Hey guys,

Mine says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" It's like that since March

Reactions: suga