Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Correct, having the OWP in on time does give implied status.... Unfortunately it was a choice of a $100 visitor extension vs. $255 OWP and in my case, we are only about 40 minutes from the New York State border where I'm a citizen and can work until I get my PR.
Oh that makes sense

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Correct, having the OWP in on time does give implied status.... Unfortunately it was a choice of a $100 visitor extension vs. $255 OWP and in my case, we are only about 40 minutes from the New York State border where I'm a citizen and can work until I get my PR.
Oh wow that's actually a very nice/lucky situation to be in... I have a student permit expiring in July 2019 but I'm not enrolled in school anymore (I was in nursing school but I quit because it was really bad).
Just waiting for my AOR patiently!!! Hope they speed up the applications! I can also send them out more stuff if they need after!
Good luck to all of us!!

Reactions: Krysse

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
So my app was received on January 2nd, no AOR Yet but your saying if there was something wrong, I would have already gotten it back correct?
By now you should have. We had submitted our app initially on Nov 2, 2018. It came back around Nov 25, 2018 because we forgot to attach my wife's birth certificate. So I think you should be alright and I mean you would know if you missed anything or did not fill something correctly. If you think you did everything correctly, then dont worry. You should get your AOR by the end of this month or first week March.

Cheers!

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hey guys!!
I had applied back in November for my spousal application + work permit. My work permit had gotten returned to me and I received it today, However they did NOT send back my PR application. (I must have gotten a nice officer). My timeline is as follows:
App Received : Nov 22
AOR: January 5th
App Linked : January 5th.
MR January 16 2019
Work inc : yes
Work permit Returned (Dated January 9th, received January 21st)
Work permit sent back: January 21st.

It was definitely a shock to see the work permit application in my mailbox this morning, being that I thought i was in the clear because they had already sent me my medical request :confused:. We had forgotten to sign the last page.. and they had taken some of the information out (passport pictures etc) so we had to reinclude those in the application. We fixed the mistake and mailed the work permit, unfortunately now we will be back at the bottom of the pile :(. Hoping there isn't too many January applicants because I know there is a HUGE amount of November applicants, and CIC is currently processing October work permits.
Thank god we had extended the stay before we had submitted this application (got approved for a years time on January 7th) my common-law partner would have been out of status and too far deep to restore status.
I'm loaded with information and would love to help those who have questions!!
Thanks everyone!
Hi, I'm just wondering how long did it take you to get your OWP after you got your AOR? What comes with the OWP? Temporary SIN and medical numbers as well? Thanks for the help. :)

mahdikhademi

Oct 23, 2017
Hi every one I have sent my application in jan20th ,I am senior student here.I applied for both wp and pr in a package. As far i know every individual just need to do biometric once for a decade.
So if you are applying within Canada and your status is legal and Valid, Then you don't need to do the biometric again.
Hopefully after your approval, you will need to a medical.

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
By now you should have. We had submitted our app initially on Nov 2, 2018. It came back around Nov 25, 2018 because we forgot to attach my wife's birth certificate. So I think you should be alright and I mean you would know if you missed anything or did not fill something correctly. If you think you did everything correctly, then dont worry. You should get your AOR by the end of this month or first week March.

Cheers!
Thank you. Yeah we just have a complicated situation with one of my daughters. Her dad is... How do we say, not a very nice person and is refusing to allow me to have any of her paperwork or have her medical done even though I have full parental rights with her. (He doesn't even have custody, his grandparents do but he's a nasty sort of man....). So I sent a letter of explanation stating that there is no way for me to complete her portion (our MP said that should be enough) but i still worry. We've already gone through having an application returned and i couldn't remember how long it took to get it back but hearing this from you all gives me some hope that we are FINALLY getting somewhere.

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Thank you. Yeah we just have a complicated situation with one of my daughters. Her dad is... How do we say, not a very nice person and is refusing to allow me to have any of her paperwork or have her medical done even though I have full parental rights with her. (He doesn't even have custody, his grandparents do but he's a nasty sort of man....). So I sent a letter of explanation stating that there is no way for me to complete her portion (our MP said that should be enough) but i still worry. We've already gone through having an application returned and i couldn't remember how long it took to get it back but hearing this from you all gives me some hope that we are FINALLY getting somewhere.
Sorry to hear that. Stay strong and you will be fine. I'm pretty sure you are ok now, so fingers crossed and good luck to you :)

athuk236

Jan 6, 2017
Hi all,

We are applying for the Work Permit with my wife's spousal PR application. She has been living in Canada for over a year, currently under an open Work permit (PGWP). Her status expires at the end of March. We are submitting the IMM5710 form for the Open Work Permit. Question 3 on the form gives the following options:
1. Apply for a work permit with the same employer
2. Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
3. Restore my status as a worker
4. Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only

She is currently working. Which one should we be selecting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tsap33

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I am planning to apply PR for my wife who is leaving outside of Canada. My wife already has a visitor visa.
1> Shall I bring her on a visitor visa and then apply her PR from inland?
Or I can apply her PR from outside and then bring here in visitor?

What happens if border officer denied her entry at the port of entry, Does it effect here PR processing application?

Please help.

Ivylebrun

Jan 9, 2019
Good news !
I have been checking other groups and December applicants are already receiving their AOR. Apparently they are already processing the second week of December so you are not too far !

LightRose

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Ottawa ontario
It is hard to say ..
My application was received on january 16th according to Canada post . I am expecting to receive my AOR in the middle of March .
It may be sooner though . Hope so !
Okay, we will wait, looking forward for some good news..

If there is anything missing or wrong with the application when will i know? Or get anything back?

Ivylebrun

Jan 9, 2019
Okay, we will wait, looking forward for some good news..

If there is anything missing or wrong with the application when will i know? Or get anything back?
It happened to me ! I sent at first on nov 25 last year and on January 15th I got it back for missing informations .
Hope it doesn’t happen again .