+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Barak85

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hey all and it has been pleasure to read the forum replies during me filling the application (spousal)
Sent: 15/01/2019
Received by CIC:16/01/2019(no time to spend :)) )
AOR: waiting
OWP: still waiting...
Has anyone how long should the OWP(6 weeks to process per CIC website) takes?
Hope to receive it soon.

LightRose

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Ottawa ontario
Hey all and it has been pleasure to read the forum replies during me filling the application (spousal)
Hope to receive it soon.
Mine was recieved on Jan. 30, still waiting for AOR and also for the OWP, visitor visa expires in mid April, should I apply for an extend? Or is there a chance i will recieve OWP before?

Reactions: mrowkamb16

Barak85

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Mine was recieved on Jan. 30, still waiting for AOR and also for the OWP, visitor visa expires in mid April, should I apply for an extend? Or is there a chance i will recieve OWP before?
Mine expires on 1/05, If nothing will be received by at least weeks before, I'll apply to extend(but from what I've read two months shall be enough).
Finger crossed and good luck

Reactions: LightRose

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Hi guys!

Follows my timeline:
14/01 Sent documents from BC
16/01 Documents received by CIC
Anxiously waiting for AOR now

mrowkamb16

Feb 12, 2019
Hope to receive it soon.

I wish it takes only 6 weeks, I wrote yesterday that somebody's waiting 3-4months.
Fingers crossed for all

Genvir24

Jan 29, 2019
Hi guys I need your advice or suggestion. I submitted last January 23 for spousal inland with OWP. And me and my husband got married after 6 months of relationship here in Canada. My work permit expired February 11,2019. However, my provincial nomination result came out February 8 and went to the border got my work permit extended for 2 years. The question is should I proceed my SPOUSAL INLAND APPLICATION (12months) Or go to PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM which is 15-19 months waiting time ? I was worrried that they might put a RED FLAG on my spousal since I submitted it with only few days of expiration of my work permit and that would make my spousal application too long to get approval. I have to think because my nomination certificate will expire in 6 months too.

P.S. I already sent to them the SINP provincial nominations certificates and new work permit too in case they might scrutinized my spousal application .

Questions:
1.) best pathway SPOUSAL INLAND or PROVINCIAL NOMINEE?

2.) if I have received a OWP does that mean that i am Approval in Principle already?

3.) how long does it usually take before I can received an AOR?

Thank you

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi guys I need your advice or suggestion. I submitted last January 23 for spousal inland with OWP. And me and my husband got married after 6 months of relationship here in Canada. My work permit expired February 11,2019. However, my provincial nomination result came out February 8 and went to the border got my work permit extended for 2 years. The question is should I proceed my SPOUSAL INLAND APPLICATION (12months) Or go to PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM which is 15-19 months waiting time ? I was worrried that they might put a RED FLAG on my spousal since I submitted it with only few days of expiration of my work permit and that would make my spousal application too long to get approval. I have to think because my nomination certificate will expire in 6 months too.

P.S. I already sent to them the SINP provincial nominations certificates and new work permit too in case they might scrutinized my spousal application .

Questions:
1.) best pathway SPOUSAL INLAND or PROVINCIAL NOMINEE?

2.) if I have received a OWP does that mean that i am Approval in Principle already?

3.) how long does it usually take before I can received an AOR?

Thank you
Approval in principle happens at the end of the process, about a month or so before you get your PR. AOR can take up to three months to receive.

If you got married after only 6 months of relationship, expect extra scrutiny for your spousal application.

Reactions: Genvir24

Genvir24

Jan 29, 2019
That is what i am thinking too. So should I just start with my PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PR Then? I know I submitted my spousal already but to be safe I would rather go with the Provincial
nomination.. or should I wait for AOR before I will apply. I know there are some documents that were returned because of incomplete application. I wonder how long would that take coz if it’s beyon 3 months I will also apply for my PR via provincial nomination so that I can have AOR before my provincial nomination expires.

Barak85

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Approval in principle happens at the end of the process, about a month or so before you get your PR. AOR can take up to three months to receive.

If you got married after only 6 months of relationship, expect extra scrutiny for your spousal application.
Hey np08,

Out of interested...
OWP processing starts after I receive the AOR or it starts when they receive it in mail? In other words when does the processing time starts...
Thanks

Reactions: mrowkamb16

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hey np08,

Out of interested...
OWP processing starts after I receive the AOR or it starts when they receive it in mail? In other words when does the processing time starts...
Thanks
When the application is received. The 12 month average for the PR app and 3-4 month average for the OWP both start when they receive the app, not from AOR.