+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND FSW .... CONNECT HERE

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
waiting5months said:
I received AOR on June 13 same timeline, I am calling CIC now, no answers at all, all agents are busing help other clients.
did you received any communication during this time? for any documents etc?

Ganrock1981

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alpha4906 said:
Congrats..
When is your current work permit expiring?
My work permit expired in 31-Oct. I applied for BOWP on 5-Aug. Applied by my company (online)
I am July-11 inland FWP applicant .

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ganrock1981 said:
My work permit expired in 31-Oct. I applied for BOWP on 5-Aug.
I am July-11 inland FWP applicant .
My work permit is expiring on 15 March,2016. I should apply now or wait till January?
Pls suggest..

kkkv

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Alpha4906 said:
My work permit is expiring on 15 March,2016. I should apply now or wait till January?
Pls suggest..
you can only apply for BOWP 4 month before it expries

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkkv said:
you can only apply for BOWP 4 month before it expries
Bro, I have less than 4 months left on My work permit. I need suggestion that i should wait for PPR or apply now. I have applied for PPR on 15 July.

Ganrock1981

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would be advised to apply 4 months in advance since the normal processing time would take that much. But again, if you are using your AOR, you will be under implied status.

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ganrock1981 said:
It would be advised to apply 4 months in advance since the normal processing time would take that much. But again, if you are using your AOR, you will be under implied status.
Thanks Ganrock1981, I was thinking to wait till Jan 15 as I will complete 6 Months after application submission. I hope that I'll get PPR before that. CIC requested me RPRF in Oct.

Anyways I'll apply for BOWP..

dennyK

Jun 10, 2015
Ganrock1981 said:
I thought the requirement was WP expiring within 3 months, so it is 4 months.. I guess I am going to do apply for one as well. My AOR was July 17th, and my PGWP is expiring mid march.

Ganrock, when did you apply for your BOWP? and did you apply online or using paper application?

Ganrock1981

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My work permit expired in 31-Oct and my BOWP was submitted on 5-Aug by my company online.
I was on implied status till yesterday.

I would recommend to apply for BOWP 4 months before it expires to account for any delay (It is a safety net incase PR is delayed). the only flip side is the BOWP fee that you need (or company) needs to pay.

ctaylor8676

Jul 28, 2015
Tedman said:
We are visa exempt (Australian) so only need to send copies of passport and passport photos. Planning on having all that packaged up and left with a friend to mail off once PPR comes through.

From what I understand COPR is just a letter that can be scanned in and emailed to us so we use it to re-enter the country.

Anyone see any issues??

One concern is that we get asked for RCMP police checks but I think we are well past that being at almost the 5 month mark.
As far as I'm aware you need to have your original COPR document with you when landing. I've not seen what this document looks like i.e. is it on official embossed paper or could you scan and print out and it will look exactly the same?

If it is on official paper and you get your COPR delivered to your Canadian address while you are away then you would need to enter Canada as a visitor to go and get it then return to the border to "land" and become a Permanent Resident.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
so here is an update,
I called cic, at the beginning agent said 6 months means nothing...she said ill still check for you..When she checked she said my application has been finalized and the email was sent on 11th December...Email address on my file is of my lawyer (I changed email address via mycic but it still they have the old one on there file)..I told her if you could update email address on the file she said i cant you should do it via mycic but i told her i have already done that one month ago...she didnt have anything to say after that

my lawyer havent contacted me yet waiting for him now...but i am confused as my online account shows nothing its the same background check in progress..Is it possible they have just sent an email and not updated on mycic anything...doesnt make sense to me...I am more confused now...ill try calling them again in morning lets see

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
dukhi said:
so here is an update,
I called cic, at the beginning agent said 6 months means nothing...she said ill still check for you..When she checked she said my application has been finalized and the email was sent on 11th December...Email address on my file is of my lawyer (I changed email address via mycic but it still they have the old one on there file)..I told her if you could update email address on the file she said i cant you should do it via mycic but i told her i have already done that one month ago...she didnt have anything to say after that

my lawyer havent contacted me yet waiting for him now...but i am confused as my online account shows nothing its the same background check in progress..Is it possible they have just sent an email and not updated on mycic anything...doesnt make sense to me...I am more confused now...ill try calling them again in morning lets see
Totally possible. MyCIC doesn't reflect the status of application. Try contacting your lawyer to get your PPR letter. Congratulations anyway!

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dukhi said:
so here is an update,

Congrats Bro...Send email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca regarding changes. Hopefully they will do it for you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
dukhi said:
so here is an update,

congrats :) happy for you :) Now its time to change your name ;)