+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND FSW .... CONNECT HERE

Tedman

Dec 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAJ_ee2015 said:
you can leave and come back to Canada before doing landing process. Otherwise you will have to wait for PR card.
I have heard of people travelling with just COPR and no PR card. I would check with immigration first but I have definitely heard of more than one person doing it.

Tedman

Dec 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:
I dont see any issues with that plan. As long as you have somebody who can receive the copr for you and then either mail it to you or possibly scan it for you, that should be fine.

As far as the scanning goes, i would verify if that is allowed with cic, just to make sure you can use a scan of your copr paper. If not, your friend can always just mail it to you.
Thanks Andre, I can't see why having a scanned and printed version of COPR would be an issue. Its just a piece of paper that they use to confirm everything in the system (i.e. not an offical visa with photo's etc).

We will check just to make sure.

Tedman

Dec 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tedman said:
Question and advice needed. New to the forum and already soaking up all the good info on here.

We are waiting on PR like everyone else. Timeline below:
FSW Inland (with common law partner)
AOR 17 Jul 15
No additional docs requested at this stage
Ghost email sent on 4 Nov 15 (no updates to application)
BOWP submitted 9 Sep 15 - nothing back from CIC yet (processing times are now out 120 days)

We are now on implied status as our current work visa ran out on 20th Nov.

Here is the dilemma. We have a massive family holiday booked in Thailand (flights booked for myself, wife and 11 month old son) and leave on the 20th Dec. Planning on going back to Australia for January before returning to Canada at the end of January. Technically our PR should come through by 17 Jan 2016 (6 Months after AOR) but I have seen a bunch of people on here waiting past the 6 month mark!

We were hoping to have at least decision made before we leave but it looks like we might not hear anything until the new year.

Is it worth the risk leaving the country and loosing the right to work?
Do you think we will get something in Jan before we come back into Canada at the end of Jan?
If I go, I don't want to be waiting past the 6 month mark in Australia into Feb and Mar due to work commitments.

Worst option is I stay here (miss Christmas and our sons first birthday - wife and son will travel regardless) but I would hate to do that and then get PPR in the first couple of weeks in Jan!

Its been a sleepless nights for the past few weeks checking emails every morning with the hope something will come through!
Ok, so we are considering taking this risk. We are not due to come back into Canada until the end of Jan. As fast as work goes, I am self employed so can still work remotely for a period outside the country (anything past the end of Jan might be a stretch though). We will be at 5 months on the 17th Dec since AOR.

We want to try and be prepared if CIC ask for anything additional:

RCMP Police Check - I know this is not always requested but have people been asked for this past the 5 month mark?? We are considering getting this done before we go just to cover all bases. Thoughts.

Schedule A - Again, not always requested but I believe we can just do this online.

Anything else that people have been asked for at this stage???

PPR should be fine as per my previous post, a friend who will still be in country will mail off copies of passport etc and then email us through the COPR when it comes in the mail.

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
noelvsleon said:
After Copr; can I go out of Canada before getting PR card ? If not is there an option to get a multiple entry visa something like that. I'm on implied status at present.

Thanks
You can go and while returning back..you can do landing at any international airport..no worries at all...couple of my friends has done it.

noelvsleon

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 -06-2015
AOR Received.
6-07-2015

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
So I did call CIC today , I got the usual wait for 6 months reply !

I asked the agent have they stopped proceeding PR applications as they are busy with Refugee.
The agent said not at all , they are working on getting the PR within the promised 6 months , He said I can expect a result by new-year !

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KingOfGoodTimes said:
So I did call CIC today , I got the usual wait for 6 months reply !

I asked the agent have they stopped proceeding PR applications as they are busy with Refugee.
The agent said not at all , they are working on getting the PR within the promised 6 months , He said I can expect a result by new-year !
so nothing in DEC. you are completing your 6 months by 4th jan right?

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if we don't hear anything this week then it will be only after Jan 4th 2016 :( still hoping against hope for something to happen this week for all July applications...

mmiirr168

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
vsu said:
if we don't hear anything this week then it will be only after Jan 4th 2016 :( still hoping against hope for something to happen this week for all July applications...
Hi, vsu

I have very similar timelines with you. Received ITA on June 26, submitted on July 30, others are pretty much same with you.

I also hope that we can hear something from CIC by the end of this week. If not, we can only wait till new year. And all these uncertainties make the wait even more painful. lol

Be honest, this is the first time in my life I want to skip Christmas and use it in exchange for my PR.

Keep fingers crossed:p

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
maomaochong1226 said:
Hi my friend I am sure you will get it call CIC to see if there is dicision made . I ordered the GCMS notes too and the information we got is almost the same so I believe it is just a matter of time for you to get it !
Thanks maomaochong1226 ... ill call today afternoon ...fingers crossed

Ganrock1981

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my Bridge Open work Permit approved Yesterday.

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmiirr168 said:
Hi, vsu

I have very similar timelines with you. Received ITA on June 26, submitted on July 30, others are pretty much same with you.

I also hope that we can hear something from CIC by the end of this week. If not, we can only wait till new year. And all these uncertainties make the wait even more painful. lol

Be honest, this is the first time in my life I want to skip Christmas and use it in exchange for my PR.

Keep fingers crossed:p
Dear mmiirr168,

Yes its a pretty horrible wait especially when the system is not at all transparent and we have no/very limited information coming our way .