+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

squall_liam

Aug 19, 2015
My situation in a nutshell: I was here for six months and my wife is pregnant, and we had so much going on, that we didn't quite have everything ready to send off our Inland Application within the six month time frame. I applied to extend my visitor visa so I am currently on Implied Status. If I send my Inland Application and my OWP off now, and I still considered in status? Or am I supposed to wait for approval on my visitor extension first? I do not know what to write on the questions that asks for the expiry of my current documents. When I click Validate it says "Can not be a date in the past" (basically). Do I write a letter of explanation along with my application, stating that I am currently on implied status? And once they receive my OWP, surely my implied status will continue?

Also, I can't validate my forms since I don't have an end expiry date..

Has anybody else been in this situation and can clarify? Thanks

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
km9203 said:
I'm sure someone has done it but most likely they are from visa exempt country (UK) and its 'easier' for them. Being from a country that isn't visa exempt makes it harder to enter Canada.

Is your wife from Canada?
I just don't understand why they would stop me if i have work permit and TRV :(

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
km9203 said:
I'm sure someone has done it but most likely they are from visa exempt country (UK) and its 'easier' for them. Being from a country that isn't visa exempt makes it harder to enter Canada.

Is your wife from Canada?
I should also point out that my Work permit and Multiple entry visas will based on my PGWP and not my spousal application. I will not travel if they are based on my applications. Do you think that would cause problems?

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
nuksyed said:
I should also point out that my Work permit and Multiple entry visas will based on my PGWP and not my spousal application. I will not travel if they are based on my applications. Do you think that would cause problems?

Regardless of any of your variations of permit etc you still run a risk. I'm a UK citizen so visa exempt and contemplating travelling back in May 2016 for my sisters wedding and I'm more then 50/50 that i won't risk it. you don't know who you will get at the border on the day and because of this is it really worth leaving? my wife and i are in a similar position. No one here can give you a definitive answer. I wish you all the best if you try but its a big decision, especially been from a non visa exempt country. Canada is pretty big, travel around here!!

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
matt_bilbo said:
Regardless of any of your variations of permit etc you still run a risk. I'm a UK citizen so visa exempt and contemplating travelling back in May 2016 for my sisters wedding and I'm more then 50/50 that i won't risk it. you don't know who you will get at the border on the day and because of this is it really worth leaving? my wife and i are in a similar position. No one here can give you a definitive answer. I wish you all the best if you try but its a big decision, especially been from a non visa exempt country. Canada is pretty big, travel around here!!
Is there a reason as to why they are so strict on us inland applications not leaving?
the website only states:
Leaving Canada can automatically cancel temporary resident status as a visitor, student or worker.
The person being sponsored has no guarantee that he or she will be permitted to return or re‑enter Canada if he or she leaves before permanent residence is approved. This is especially true if a Temporary Resident Visa is required to enter Canada.

Applications in this category cannot be transferred to immigration offices outside Canada.
The person being sponsored will have to submit a new application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC‑M) if he or she cannot return to Canada.
It doesn't really give a reason as to what exactly it is that could result in a cancellation. Now I am contemplating applying outland. How come my lawyer has no issues with people traveling outside while an inland application is in process?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
nuksyed said:
Is there a reason as to why they are so strict on us inland applications not leaving?
the website only states:
It doesn't really give a reason as to what exactly it is that could result in a cancellation. Now I am contemplating applying outland. How come my lawyer has no issues with people traveling outside while an inland application is in process?
If your lawyer says that then he shouldn't be helping you apply as what he's saying is untrue. Find a new lawyer. He may not care as he is still making money from you, it's not his future at risk from leaving, it's yours.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
squall_liam said:
My situation in a nutshell: I was here for six months and my wife is pregnant, and we had so much going on, that we didn't quite have everything ready to send off our Inland Application within the six month time frame. I applied to extend my visitor visa so I am currently on Implied Status. If I send my Inland Application and my OWP off now, and I still considered in status? Or am I supposed to wait for approval on my visitor extension first? I do not know what to write on the questions that asks for the expiry of my current documents. When I click Validate it says "Can not be a date in the past" (basically). Do I write a letter of explanation along with my application, stating that I am currently on implied status? And once they receive my OWP, surely my implied status will continue?

Also, I can't validate my forms since I don't have an end expiry date..

Has anybody else been in this situation and can clarify? Thanks
You can apply now, just give some proof that you already applied for a visitor extension.
As for your status, I would give the start date as the date your original visa expired, choose "other" and write "implied visitor status", or something similar.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
nuksyed said:
the website only states:
Every inland applicant would like to have a definitive answer before leaving, but as matt_bilbo said, there isn't one, and no one from this forum or anywhere else will be able to help you.
Most likely you will be okay with the PGW and a multiple entry visa, and you are aware of the risk if you won't have the "most likely" situation. The decision is yours.

Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
pb21 said:
So, I called CIC today and the agent said my OWP was just mailed today... 8) soooo happy and relieved
I m july 27 applicant
Hope you guys will get yours soon :)
Congrats to you. I hope it doesn't take too long to get to you. I find this puzzling because I am a July 13th applicant and when we called last week the agent wouldn't give any information.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuksyed said:
the website only states:
IMO, the real issue here is something called, Dual Intent.

Normally, when a person is seeking entry (or re-entry) into Canada, they are entering as a visitor. This is much different than a person that has submitted a PR application, because at that point, the person seeking re-entry has a true dual intent for doing so:

1. To enter Canada, and remain in Canada, while the PR application is being processed.

2. To enter Canada as a worker, or visitor...while they await the PR processing to be completed.

The CBSA officer has to be convinced that in the event that the PR application is refused, the foreign national will leave Canada. This is why showing strong ties back to your `home', is so important. If you do not have such evidence (such as a home, job, bank account, etc.), it could be a problem in proving that you will leave, if your PR is denied.

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
Gussy24 said:
Congrats to you. I hope it doesn't take too long to get to you. I find this puzzling because I am a July 13th applicant and when we called last week the agent wouldn't give any information.
When I called CIC they told me they cannot check status of OWP until4months have passed!

Congratulations PB21

Sunny

Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
So I'm going to ask a question to anyone. My work permit expired on the third of July. I thought I would have my documents ready to be sent way before that and continue to work but we ended up having to wait longer for the option C. Only two days prior to my work permit expiring I applied for a visa extension. Now I know you're supposed to apply at least 30 days before your current status expires. Do you think this will hinder me from getting my OWP through the pilot project? Please be brutally honest cuz I can take it.

mitul_patel23

Jan 2, 2015
chris1302 said:
Have you sent in your inland application already or are you doing all together? say I send my inland application along with the OWP, can I then receive my OWP in 4 months as well?

Do you have any more information regarding this?
Thanks im so confused as to what to do :)
hi I am Mitul Patel from Alberta Canada, I have an OWP which expires on 04 feb 2016, i got married recently and my wife is PR of canada, please guide in filling application procedure.

regards
ackpatel007"gmail.com

pb21

Apr 12, 2015
Gussy24 said:
Thank you Gussy24,i hope to get it in mail by friday,,hope yours is on the way too :)

Also, a funny thing happened to me today,,i was blocked from this forum after i posted in the morning..couldn't post for sometime.But then i tried using 'report moderator' and it started working right away ???

pb21

Apr 12, 2015
Sunny Dua said:
When I called CIC they told me they cannot check status of OWP until4months have passed!

Congratulations PB21

Sunny
Thank you Sunny,
when the agent asked me the month of application,, i said june instead of july ;) jus got lucky i guess :)