waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi Guys:

Quick question. Have any of you travelled outside of Canada while your PR was being processed and returned? I know they recommend not leaving the country, but if I have a valid work permit and visa, I do not think I should be stopped? My lawyer said the exact same thing to me, however, I wanted to see if any one has actually tried this before.

thanks!

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
nuksyed said:
Hi Guys:

Quick question. Have any of you travelled outside of Canada while your PR was being processed and returned? I know they recommend not leaving the country, but if I have a valid work permit and visa, I do not think I should be stopped? My lawyer said the exact same thing to me, however, I wanted to see if any one has actually tried this before.

thanks!
If you're talking about open work permit, at the bottom of the document it says "this does not authorise re-entry."

I wouldn't risk leaving. There's a reason CIC says not to, because the immigration officer may deny you and your application is cancelled.

I wouldn't believe what your immigration consultant says.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
km9203 said:
If you're talking about open work permit, at the bottom of the document it says "this does not authorise re-entry."

I wouldn't risk leaving. There's a reason CIC says not to, because the immigration officer may deny you and your application is cancelled.

I wouldn't believe what your immigration consultant says.
but even with a visitors entry visa, is it still dangerous? I will try to limit my visits but sometimes I have to leave no matter what for work...

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
nuksyed said:
but even with a visitors entry visa, is it still dangerous? I will try to limit my visits but sometimes I have to leave no matter what for work...
Yes. Nothing guarantees renentry. It is at the officers discretion. Technically you are required to remain in Canada for the whole process.

If you leave and you are denied, your application is cancelled and you can not appeal. You would then have to start the whole process again outland.

Is it really worth it? Does your common law partner work and could support you both? When you apply I land you will get your open work permit, that doesn't mean you can leave the country for work. You should find a job that doesn't require you to travel regularly outside of Canada.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
That is quite interesting. I would understand them cancelling my application if I left the country to live somewhere else, but if it is just vacation or work, it should be quite acceptable no?

Quitting my job is not an option I have at the moment. My wife does work, but this is my career and I cannot guarantee my next job will not require me to leave the country for work.

Again, is there ANYONE who has done this before?

thanks.

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
I've never personally done it but have read lots of accounts of people that have with no problems. Especially those from visa exempt countries. I haven't read a story about anyone that has been denied re-entry from Avis's exempt either. That being said though there is always that risk. If you have to come to and from so much then why don't you apply Outland

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
nuksyed said:
That is quite interesting. I would understand them cancelling my application if I left the country to live somewhere else, but if it is just vacation or work, it should be quite acceptable no?

Quitting my job is not an option I have at the moment. My wife does work, but this is my career and I cannot guarantee my next job will not require me to leave the country for work.

Again, is there ANYONE who has done this before?

thanks.
If you want to leave, it's up to you. Just be very aware that there is always the possibility that you can be denied entry and your application is cancelled.
It doesn't matter if it is for work or vacation. Just because you have an application in does not give you guaranteed entry to Canada. If they want they can say no - just like when you are coming to visit.
Which country are you from?

Can others offer their insight into this situation?

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
matt_bilbo said:
I've never personally done it but have read lots of accounts of people that have with no problems. Especially those from visa exempt countries. I haven't read a story about anyone that has been denied re-entry from Avis's exempt either. That being said though there is always that risk. If you have to come to and from so much then why don't you apply Outland
I am a citizen of Pakistan and they ask for original documents instead of notorized, and process application in London and the wait times are not definitive. Also, I am on a PGWP and if my work permit expires before I get my PR I will have to stop working etc.
I figure if I have all the correct documents, a work permit and a multiple entry visa and a valid reason for leaving (work, vacation), it shouldn't be a big deal. Just wanted to know if any one had done it themselves. We are a young couple and want to travel early on in the marriage too. Obviously, if its a big risk I won't but if its based on just not having the right documents, I will travel with the right documents.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
km9203 said:
If you want to leave, it's up to you. Just be very aware that there is always the possibility that you can be denied entry and your application is cancelled.
It doesn't matter if it is for work or vacation. Just because you have an application in does not give you guaranteed entry to Canada. If they want they can say no - just like when you are coming to visit.
Which country are you from?

Can others offer their insight into this situation?
I am from Pakistan or else I would apply outland. I know the documents required from Pakistanis for Outland is much more extensive and also the processing time is unknown. I don't want to risk losing work permit. As a young couple, we would like to travel atleast once a year? Isn't this the best time to do so? If having the right documents will allow me to enter, and if others have already done so, it would be the greatest thing!

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
nuksyed said:
I am a citizen of Pakistan and they ask for original documents instead of notorized, and process application in London and the wait times are not definitive. Also, I am on a PGWP and if my work permit expires before I get my PR I will have to stop working etc.
I figure if I have all the correct documents, a work permit and a multiple entry visa and a valid reason for leaving (work, vacation), it shouldn't be a big deal. Just wanted to know if any one had done it themselves. We are a young couple and want to travel early on in the marriage too. Obviously, if its a big risk I won't but if its based on just not having the right documents, I will travel with the right documents.
If you're applying Outland it would be processed via London.

If you're applying inland I believe it is still processed in Canada.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Because you are specifically advised not to leave Canada during an inland application, using the reason of going on vacation may not suffice.

Because you are not from a visa exempt country, it may make it more difficult to re-enter. I wouldn't take the risk because there is so much emphasise on not leaving.

If you do leave and get denied, it will become a bit more complicated. If you want to travel so much you should have applied Outland. You could still face issues though because you are not from a visa exempt country unfortunately. As I said, nothing guarantees you entry, visitor visa or work visa

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
km9203 said:
If you're applying Outland it would be processed via London.

If you're applying inland I believe it is still processed in Canada.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Because you are specifically advised not to leave Canada during an inland application, using the reason of going on vacation may not suffice.

Because you are not from a visa exempt country, it may make it more difficult to re-enter. I wouldn't take the risk because there is so much emphasise on not leaving.

If you do leave and get denied, it will become a bit more complicated. If you want to travel so much you should have applied Outland, although you would still run the risk of problems being given entry multiple times because you aren't from a visa exempt country.
That is definitely a good point and I will consider it, or not leave the country. Can others please guide me a little bit too? I really want to just do it inland but if its that bad an idea to leave the country for even a little bit, then I wouldn't risk it. Anyone here successfully left and came back?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
nuksyed said:
That is definitely a good point and I will consider it, or not leave the country. Can others please guide me a little bit too? I really want to just do it inland but if its that bad an idea to leave the country for even a little bit, then I wouldn't risk it. Anyone here successfully left and came back?
I'm sure someone has done it but most likely they are from visa exempt country (UK) and its 'easier' for them. Being from a country that isn't visa exempt makes it harder to enter Canada.

Is your wife from Canada?

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
km9203 said:
I'm sure someone has done it but most likely they are from visa exempt country (UK) and its 'easier' for them. Being from a country that isn't visa exempt makes it harder to enter Canada.

Is your wife from Canada?
Yup Canadian for 20 years or so.

pb21

Apr 12, 2015
Sunny Dua said:
Guys

Any July end applicants hear on the OWP?

S
So, I called CIC today and the agent said my OWP was just mailed today... 8) soooo happy and relieved
I m july 27 applicant
Hope you guys will get yours soon :)