Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
So I'm going to ask a question to anyone. My work permit expired on the third of July. I thought I would have my documents ready to be sent way before that and continue to work but we ended up having to wait longer for the option C. Only two days prior to my work permit expiring I applied for a visa extension. Now I know you're supposed to apply at least 30 days before your current status expires. Do you think this will hinder me from getting my OWP through the pilot project?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gussy24 said:
So I'm going to ask a question to anyone. My work permit expired on the third of July. I thought I would have my documents ready to be sent way before that and continue to work but we ended up having to wait longer for the option C. Only two days prior to my work permit expiring I applied for a visa extension. Now I know you're supposed to apply at least 30 days before your current status expires. Do you think this will hinder me from getting my OWP through the pilot project?
So, you applied to change your status from worker to visitor on July 1,...and haven't received a reply from CIC yet?

Are you absolutely certain that your request was received by CIC before your WP expired, or did you apply online?

If you are certain, or if you applied online, you are under Implied Status while CIC processes your request. If it is refused, you would therefore be out of status and would not qualify for the OWP. Also, it would now be too late to apply for Restoration of Status, because it's been more than 90 days since your WP expired.

Here's hoping that it will be approved.

Good luck!

Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
Ponga said:
So, you applied to change your status from worker to visitor on July 1,...and haven't received a reply from CIC yet?

Are you absolutely certain that your request was received by CIC before your WP expired, or did you apply online?

If you are certain, or if you applied online, you are under Implied Status while CIC processes your request. If it is refused, you would therefore be out of status and would not qualify for the OWP. Also, it would now be too late to apply for Restoration of Status, because it's been more than 90 days since your WP expired.

Here's hoping that it will be approved.

Good luck!

Thanks Ponga. I did apply for the visitors visa online so I submitted a copy of the application with my pr and permit. Do you think it would help?

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Hi Sophiee and all...

CIC has sent me another mail today 6th NOV that it was an error that they send the other mail requesting additionals forms and that they regret and apologise for any inconvenience.

..''.We are writing to you today as our records indicate that you received correspondence issued to you on November 5, 2015 which has an error. The Case Processing Centre – Mississauga (CPC-Mississauga) uses an automated mailing system, which mistakenly issued you this correspondence. Please accept our apologies for this error. The processing of your application has not been affected by this error. The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html''

So am all happy and smiles ;D...the thought of filling those forms almost drove me crazy again......Any info on OWP for July applicants..call centre told me to look around Nov 23 onwards...

beturfewchair

Nov 7, 2015
Hello All,

I have dual Canadian&US citizenship trying to decide whether to file Inland or Outland for my husband.
My husband is a US citizen. Presently we are in Canada trying to get situated. He is planning to quit his job and come over from Connecticut the end of November to take adantage of the OWP pilot program before it expires.

The big issue is that we recently found out that the FBI police certificate takes 8-12 weeks to process making it impossible to beat the OWP pilot program deadline. :( We have young childeren and we really want to be together as a family

Questions
#1 - Can we submit the paperwork without the FBI police paperwork and submit it later when I recieve it.?
#2- Would it be better to file outland with a work permit?
#3- Since he is a US citizen would he have a problem with re-entry to Canada?
#4- Does he need to submit his medical because he is applying for an OWP?
#5- How long does it take to get a medical done?

Thank you so much in advance

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beturfewchair said:
Hello All,

I have dual Canadian&US citizenship trying to decide whether to file Inland or Outland for my husband.
My husband is a US citizen. Presently we are in Canada trying to get situated. He is planning to quit his job and come over from Connecticut the end of November to take adantage of the OWP pilot program before it expires.

The big issue is that we recently found out that the FBI police certificate takes 8-12 weeks to process making it impossible to beat the OWP pilot program deadline. :( We have young childeren and we really want to be together as a family

Questions
#1 - Can we submit the paperwork without the FBI police paperwork and submit it later when I recieve it.?
#2- Would it be better to file outland with a work permit?
#3- Since he is a US citizen would he have a problem with re-entry to Canada?
#4- Does he need to submit his medical because he is applying for an OWP?
#5- How long does it take to get a medical done?

Thank you so much in advance
The OWP is not available for an Outland applicant.

Most Americans complete the entire process in ~ 6-8 months, versus ~ 26 for the inland application, so unless his primary goal is to work in Canada ASAP, the Outland application is the obvious choice.

anneecarillo

Oct 7, 2015
Got my OWP yesterday.. check your mailboxes too. It was an awesome birthday gift for me ^_^ hope y'all get it too soon.

App: July 23
OWP: Oct 30

squall_liam

Aug 19, 2015
Submitted my application TODAY guys! Let the 27 month wait begin! Although I hear lots of information saying Outland is better (I'm from the UK), my wife (the sponsor), is pregnant and due next month, and we decided it would be best to take advantage of the option to work. Alas, the wait sucks, but I feel so much stress relieved now I've finally sent my application off!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
squall_liam said:
Submitted my application TODAY guys! Let the 27 month wait begin! Although I hear lots of information saying Outland is better (I'm from the UK), my wife (the sponsor), is pregnant and due next month, and we decided it would be best to take advantage of the option to work. Alas, the wait sucks, but I feel so much stress relieved now I've finally sent my application off!
The Pilot OWP is a one year test program, that may or may not be renewed. All indications seem to be that it's been successful (and profitable for CIC), but there's no guarantee that it will be renewed for 2016, and beyond. I certainly hope for your sake, that it will be.

Good luck!

squall_liam

Aug 19, 2015
Although my passport does expire August 2017, so that's as far as I'll get unless I can extend. But if not, my wife can work after that. it will just be handy for me to be able to work after she gives birth, since she isn't going to fancy that one bit!

beturfewchair

Nov 7, 2015
Ponga said:

Most Americans complete the entire process in ~ 6-8 months, versus ~ 26 for the inland application, so unless his primary goal is to work in Canada ASAP, the Outland application is the obvious choice.
Ponga said:

I checked the process and it takes 24 months outland from New York. I figured he might as well do inland be with us and work with the OWP.

Can anyone Please Please tell me if you need the Police certificate to send in the inland application PLEASE. Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beturfewchair said:
I checked the process and it takes 24 months outland from New York. I figured he might as well do inland be with us and work with the OWP.

Can anyone Please Please tell me if you need the Police certificate to send in the inland application PLEASE. Thank you!
NO! Most Americans are processed in Ottawa, and complete the process in ~ 8-10 months!

Just include a note with your application. CIC is well aware of the FBI delays.

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hi

I have missed paying $100 for OWP and I haven't gotten from my application back yet(My applications were delivered on 23 July).
and when I talked to CIC agent, he told me luckily my OWP apps were being processed in mid OCT and asked me to do NOTHING until the officer contacts us. so I waited for 2 weeks and I decided to pay my extra 100 with sending Case Specific Inquiry Online(We knew we wouldn't get the answers from them but I felt like I had to do something.)

then, I called CIC on 3, Nov asking I paid $100 and what to do next. An agent was very kind to look up my case(I called several times, but only 2 agents looked up my case, others told me to wait until it fulfills 4 months), and he told me that my OWP is approved on 2/Nov and wait until CIC contacts me for the 100 issue and explained that either they would have taken the $100 from my landing fee(I paid $1040 including landing fee for spousal sponsorship apps) or they would ask us pay extra $100 but I already paid it so just keep the receipt.

I guess I was an unusual case of insufficient OWP fee issue, so I thought it would be good to share with others here.
I am so relived that my OWP is not returned. since the agent told me it is approved so it wouldn't be returned, would it?
I haven't gotten the mail from them yet. I'm expecting to get it next week.

Has anyone had the same thing happened?

hope the best for everyone here

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Good news/signs that July applicants have started to receive their OWP..Am July 20...Havent received anything yet....Let me be optimistic about the coming week and good luck to all in the wait..