Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
GMCSierra said:
I just contacted CIC inquiring about this. I was advised that since we will be applying Inland that I can still send in the OWP with Sponsor Application to Mississauga office, and it will give me implied status and will no longer have to keep requesting visitor extensions.
Even asked her again just to make sure I was getting the correct information.
Really? so confusing! CIC call agents have different answers.

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
Just called CIC, too! The agent told me I am on implied status when they receive my OWP app before my visa expires. And he said I dont need to extend visa. I sent OWP app together with the Sponsorship application. Just hopefull my application wont be sent back, as my visa expires the 26th of this month!

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
GMCSierra said:
Where should I write OWP WITH IN-CANADA SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP. PROCESS AFTER AIP?
I think you dont need to write it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarina said:
I think you dont need to write it.
If CIC processes the OWP before you have AIP with your Inland application, the OWP will be DENIED. The Approval In Principle is what qualifies you for an OWP.

You have to inform them that the OWP is not to be processed before AIP, which is why the majority of people do as I suggested...writting across the top of the first page of the OWP.

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
Ponga said:
If CIC processes the OWP before you have AIP with your Inland application, the OWP will be DENIED. The Approval In Principle is what qualifies you for an OWP.

You have to inform them that the OWP is not to be processed before AIP, which is why the majority of people do as I suggested...writting across the top of the first page of the OWP.
[/quote

Open work permit allows you to work while your Sponsorhip and PR app are on process. In my situation I just need a legal status to remain in Canada. Need advise pls

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
tarina said:
Ponga said:

[/quote

Open work permit allows you to work while your Sponsorhip and PR app are on process. In my situation I just need a legal status to remain in Canada. Need advise pls
Hi Tarina,

Just apply for your Visitor's Visa...I advise to do it on Paper so you have an Implied status and it takes 2 months for the process. Pud it in your application that you sent an Inland application for Family Sponsorship. Some people here were granted for 1 year extension which is good since most of the Inland Applicants for 2013 had their PR in less than 12 months.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:

tarina said:
Open work permit allows you to work while your Sponsorship and PR app are on process. In my situation I just need a legal status to remain in Canada. Need advise pls
OWP allows you to work, but it also gives you implied status (depending on who you talk to at CIC), provided you had status when you submitted the application. You don't have to work, just because you get an OWP. This implied status should last throughout the PR application process.

If you apply to extend your visitor status, and it is denied...what happens? You find yourself in Canada without status and might be asked to leave (drastic scenario but possible). Also, if you are fortunate enough to have your visitor status extended, you may need to do it again. What are the costs for each extension?

The cost for an OWP is $155

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
Ponga said:
OWP allows you to work, but it also gives you implied status (depending on who you talk to at CIC), provided you had status when you submitted the application. You don't have to work, just because you get an OWP. This implied status should last throughout the PR application process.

If you apply to extend your visitor status, and it is denied...what happens? You find yourself in Canada without status and might be asked to leave (drastic scenario but possible). Also, if you are fortunate enough to have your visitor status extended, you may need to do it again. What are the costs for each extension?

The cost for an OWP is $155

Thank you Ponga, appreciate everything you said. I have too much information in my head. Now all I have to do is wait and see. These process drives me insane :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know the feeling!

I guess my logic is pretty simple; If the OWP really does still give you implied status, that seems like the easiest way to go. It doesn't need to be approved (and wouldn't be until ~8-9 months from now when you have AIP). It's `automatic' simply because you applied, prior to your current status expiring. But...who really knows for sure at this point.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Hi Guys!

My wife's permit is valid until October 2014. She's on ML now til before her permit expired I think. Should she need to apply for visitor visa to have a legal status here in Canada? Or she's on implied status?

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
Hi all,

I'm going to apologise in advance if this is the incorrect place for this query but it seemed appropriate - if not, please point me in the right direction (I'm new!).

I have a question about my application that I submitted to CPC-M on Feb 5, 2014. We used the within Canada forms (common-law) and my question specifically relates to the Generic Application form. Under Question 4 you can choose the VO where you want your application processed. Even though I've been in Canada for over a year, I chose the London VO as I'm British - I was looking at the 'out of Canada' processing times when I chose that option.

Firstly, I want to confirm that this was indeed a valid selection - I went back and checked the Instruction Guide and it seems I'm good...?
Secondly, if I can choose London, how does that impact processing times? For inland apps there's no indication of processing times at different visa offices, just 8 months for stage 1 and 8 for stage 2. And also, at what point does the application then get transferred to London?

Would appreciate any insight you all might have. Thanks.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cioannou said:
Hi all,

I'm going to apologise in advance if this is the incorrect place for this query but it seemed appropriate - if not, please point me in the right direction (I'm new!).

I have a question about my application that I submitted to CPC-M on Feb 5, 2014. We used the within Canada forms (common-law) and my question specifically relates to the Generic Application form. Under Question 4 you can choose the VO where you want your application processed. Even though I've been in Canada for over a year, I chose the London VO as I'm British - I was looking at the 'out of Canada' processing times when I chose that option.

Firstly, I want to confirm that this was indeed a valid selection - I went back and checked the Instruction Guide and it seems I'm good...?
Secondly, if I can choose London, how does that impact processing times? For inland apps there's no indication of processing times at different visa offices, just 8 months for stage 1 and 8 for stage 2. And also, at what point does the application then get transferred to London?

Would appreciate any insight you all might have. Thanks.
Ooopsie...you made a boo boo.

All Inland applications are processed entirely in Canada, so even though you selected the London Visa Office, it's going to stay in Canada.

The processing times for most Inland applications reach stage 1 approval (AIP) in ~8-9 months, with a final decision (stage 2) within an additional 8 months. Many have been lucky and had AIP and DM within a few days, to a few weeks of each other.

Also know that it's not advised for you to leave Canada until you have completed the entire process.

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
Ponga said:
Ooopsie...you made a boo boo.

All Inland applications are processed entirely in Canada, so even though you selected the London Visa Office, it's going to stay in Canada.

The processing times for most Inland applications reach stage 1 approval (AIP) in ~8-9 months, with a final decision (stage 2) within an additional 8 months. Many have been lucky and had AIP and DM within a few days, to a few weeks of each other.

Also know that it's not advised for you to leave Canada until you have completed the entire process.
I understand what you're saying but where does it say that you must choose a Canadian VO? I feel like I read that instruction guide so many times and nowhere does it say anything about not being able to select a non-Canadian VO if applying from within Canada. I assume my application will be making its way back to me in a few months when they decide to open it.
I'm in Canada on a valid work permit so would travelling outside Canada still affect me?

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
cioannou said:
I understand what you're saying but where does it say that you must choose a Canadian VO? I feel like I read that instruction guide so many times and nowhere does it say anything about not being able to select a non-Canadian VO if applying from within Canada. I assume my application will be making its way back to me in a few months when they decide to open it.
I'm in Canada on a valid work permit so would travelling outside Canada still affect me?
Never mind - just saw the note that says that if you're being sponsored within Canada, this question does not apply to you. Do you think they'll send back my application for that? I really hope not.