+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
tarina said:
Thanks for this post, it relieved my worries having not included my police certificate from China, and NBI(Philippines) being older than 3 months already.

If anyone knows how to obtain police check in Beijing could you please share it to me? the info at CIC website doesnt help at all.
best thing to contact the Chinese embassy to advise you

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
Will hopefully have all documentation ready to file Inland Application early next week! *fingers crossed*
I have a few questions - currently in Canada now on visitor record extension - expires end of May.
If I send in OWP with sponsor application (which form do I fill out and send) - and will this give me "implied status" to remain in Canada until the OWP gets processed? Or do I have to keep applying for visitor extension?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GMCSierra said:
Will hopefully have all documentation ready to file Inland Application early next week! *fingers crossed*
I have a few questions - currently in Canada now on visitor record extension - expires end of May.
If I send in OWP with sponsor application (which form do I fill out and send) - and will this give me "implied status" to remain in Canada until the OWP gets processed? Or do I have to keep applying for visitor extension?
You will have Implied Status automatically and you don't need a visitor visa

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Jamesdavid3 said:
You will have Implied Status automatically and you don't need a visitor visa
I think implied status take place only if the person apply for visa not automatically, someone correct me

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GMCSierra said:
With the change of location for all Inland applications now being Mississauga, I suggest you call CIC and ask one of their highly trained call centre agents about this. There has been much discussion about this issue in this forum and people are getting conflicting information.

Prior to Jan 17, 2014 an OWP could be submitted with an Inland applications, since both applications were processed at the same location (different buildings). Now, your Inland application goes to Mississauga, but they do NOT process OWP applications there...those are still being processed in Vegreville. So, for that simple reason, you cannot send them together any longer. Plus, the OWP application can't even be processed until you have your AIP (Approval In Principle), otherwise it would be denied. You should write in bold letters, across the top of the first page, `OWP WITH IN-CANADA SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP. PROCESS AFTER AIP'

The form that you want is IMM5710, but again...call CIC first to see if this really does give you the implied status that you're asking about. If it turns out that you are told that you have to wait until you have AIP before you can submit the OWP (which is what others here have reported recently) this may NOT give a person implied status any longer.

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
I am sick worrying about OWP that cannot be applied 'till Stage 1. My work permit expires March 26. CIC agent told me I need to change to Visitor Visa to maintain a legal status. My question is how to do this? I can't use IMM5710 since I am not working and doesn't have any plan going to work till my son goes to school fully.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
tarina said:
I am sick worrying about OWP that cannot be applied 'till Stage 1. My work permit expires March 26. CIC agent told me I need to change to Visitor Visa to maintain a legal status. My question is how to do this? I can't use IMM5710 since I am not working and doesn't have any plan going to work till my son goes to school fully.
Go and use the form (Change my Condition and Extend my stay as a Visitor Form)....

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Go and use the form (Change my Condition and Extend my stay as a Visitor Form)....
Visitor form says (Use this application if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada as a visitor )

Mine is a closed work permit

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
tarina said:
Visitor form says (Use this application if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada as a visitor )

Mine is a closed work permit
Hi,

Use the form for Visitor's Visa since you want to change your status from closed work permit to Visitor's.

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi,

Use the form for Visitor's Visa since you want to change your status from closed work permit to Visitor's.
Salamat Carlaganda! I will try to do that.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
tarina said:
Salamat Carlaganda! I will try to do that.
welcome tarina...im carla from the philippines too.. but living in nova scotia ;) goodluck in your application!

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
welcome tarina...im carla from the philippines too.. but living in nova scotia ;) goodluck in your application!
Thanks again Carla, Online application is allowing me to change from work to visitor.

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
Ponga said:
With the change of location for all Inland applications now being Mississauga, I suggest you call CIC and ask one of their highly trained call centre agents about this. There has been much discussion about this issue in this forum and people are getting conflicting information.

Prior to Jan 17, 2014 an OWP could be submitted with an Inland applications, since both applications were processed at the same location (different buildings). Now, your Inland application goes to Mississauga, but they do NOT process OWP applications there...those are still being processed in Vegreville. So, for that simple reason, you cannot send them together any longer. Plus, the OWP application can't even be processed until you have your AIP (Approval In Principle), otherwise it would be denied. You should write in bold letters, across the top of the first page, `OWP WITH IN-CANADA SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP. PROCESS AFTER AIP'

The form that you want is IMM5710, but again...call CIC first to see if this really does give you the implied status that you're asking about. If it turns out that you are told that you have to wait until you have AIP before you can submit the OWP (which is what others here have reported recently) this may NOT give a person implied status any longer.
I just contacted CIC inquiring about this. I was advised that since we will be applying Inland that I can still send in the OWP with Sponsor Application to Mississauga office, and it will give me implied status and will no longer have to keep requesting visitor extensions.
Even asked her again just to make sure I was getting the correct information.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GMCSierra said:
I just contacted CIC inquiring about this. I was advised that since we will be applying Inland that I can still send in the OWP with Sponsor Application to Mississauga office, and it will give me implied status and will no longer have to keep requesting visitor extensions.
Even asked her again just to make sure I was getting the correct information.
Excellent!

Too bad CIC hasn't felt compelled to post something to their website to clarify the whole OWP with Inland sponsorship application `chatter'.