Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
jamsham12 said:
How can you tell if you applied inland or outland, do they both get sent to the same place?
If you haven't heard anything in a year, then you filed inland.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
penimoet said:
Hi everyone, im so glad to found this kind of forum, so I can get any information that I always keep asking in my mind lol

Well, I applied common law sponsorship inland august 24th 2014, and after that at october 15th I got a letter from cic that my files were not completed (I forgot to put IMM 5608) I thought it was needed. Directly I sent back my files in the same time that I got the letter from cic. But until now I haven't receive anything from cic even the AOR.

After I sent back cic my files, I found out that im pregnant, should I provide this information and send it to cic? Or it doesn't matter for cic?

And I just wondering what is OWP? Because I read all of u applied this too with the PR application.

Thank you anyway, and nice to meet u all :)
Open Work Permit
If you have legal status that you are eligible to apply for it.
Read the FAQ in my signature.

You can wait till you have your child and inform CIC about the child born.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
little_apple said:
You don't understand what "This does not authorize re-entry" on the IEC visa means. Check the CIC website under number 15. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/poland-pologne/visas/faq_working-travailler.aspx?lang=eng#a15

If you re-enter Canada from any other destination, you must have a valid visa, if you require one, to enter Canada.[/b]
Interestingly, the link is from Canadian government agency in Poland. But anyway, the rules apply to everyone.

If I understand it correctly, as I'm from visa exempt country (although on CIC website it states visa exempt FOR VISIT AND TRANSIT), I still don't need visa for re-entry to Canada since now I hold OWP, and can stay until the OWP expiry date (unless the status changes again, such as PR is granted.) I can't find it on any official website to confirm though.

Another point is about my "implied status". It was because I submitted OWP application with PR application. Now the OWP is issued, so I'm no longer in implied status anymore. I'm "in status" because of the OWP. Correct?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
xandt said:
Interestingly, the link is from Canadian government agency in Poland. But anyway, the rules apply to everyone.

If I understand it correctly, as I'm from visa exempt country (although on CIC website it states visa exempt FOR VISIT AND TRANSIT), I still don't need visa for re-entry to Canada since now I hold OWP, and can stay until the OWP expiry date (unless the status changes again, such as PR is granted.) I can't find it on any official website to confirm though.

Another point is about my "implied status". It was because I submitted OWP application with PR application. Now the OWP is issued, so I'm no longer in implied status anymore. I'm "in status" because of the OWP. Correct?
Yes you are "in status" with a OWP in hand. You have the status of an open work permit. No longer "implied". However OWP does not guarantee re-entry into Canada. You must bear the risk of denial of re-entry like every other people coming into Canada.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
So the cost of OWP is the same as regular work permit, 155$?

Also what is the processing time?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
The website talks about extensions and I am switching from a student to a worker, and have no idea which processing time applies to me.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xandt said:
Correct. I believe your status would now be a worker in Canada.

Only those that applied that did not have status, would still be out of status ( I believe), even after they received their OWP. For them, their OWP gives them a sort of `pseudo status', which is certainly a step above what they had.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ponga said:
Correct. I believe your status would now be a worker in Canada.

Only those that applied that did not have status, would still be out of status ( I believe), even after they received their OWP. For them, their OWP gives them a sort of `pseudo status', which is certainly a step above what they had.
Are you sure about that?

Under the old system, AIP grants "out of status" back into "status". So applying for OWP then would still give them "status" of worker.

Under the new pilot, only those who have "status" qualifies for OWP thus gain new "status" of worker. Those out of status still have to wait for AIP as they don't qualify for it. Once "out of status" gets AIP, they are back in "status" so they can then qualify for OWP.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Are you sure about that?

Under the old system, AIP grants "out of status" back into "status". So applying for OWP then would still give them "status" of worker.

Under the new pilot, only those who have "status" qualifies for OWP thus gain new "status" of worker. Those out of status still have to wait for AIP as they don't qualify for it. Once "out of status" gets AIP, they are back in "status" so they can then qualify for OWP.
I don't recall seeing that anywhere. If I did, it was purged from my conscious memory from all the other crap that I've `collected' here. LOL!

Back in status as a worker; would that also make them in status as a visitor, or are they still out of status as a visitor until they actually land?

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
hi!
Do you think these processing times apply to a Student, who applied for PR and now will be sending an OWP ?

New temporary resident visa
(For valid Study or Work Permit holders ONLY) 21 days
(Does not include document mailing time) working on applications: December 26, 2014

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MaryLou6 said:
hi!
Do you think these processing times apply to a Student, who applied for PR and now will be sending an OWP ?

New temporary resident visa
(For valid Study or Work Permit holders ONLY) 21 days
(Does not include document mailing time) working on applications: December 26, 2014
When you are applying for OWP under the new pilot program there is a different address to send your application, so I'm not sure if the standard processing times apply for those applications. I would guess that it can take longer.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Ponga said:
Back in status as a worker; would that also make them in status as a visitor, or are they still out of status as a visitor until they actually land?
I don't think you can be in two different status at the same time. Once you receive OWP, you are not a "visitor" anymore; although still "temporary resident", as the WP has expiry date on it.

It is well understood that re-entry may still be denied regardless one has a visa or not, need a visa or not, until that someone becomes either Canadian PR or citizen. My assumption is: that I don't need to apply visa for re-entry as WP holder, and I'm a citizen of a visa exempt country.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
sophieee said:
When you are applying for OWP under the new pilot program there is a different address to send your application, so I'm not sure if the standard processing times apply for those applications. I would guess that it can take longer.
Thanks Sophieee!

The new address is:
CPC - Vergeville
WP - Unit 777
6212-55 Ave
Vegreville, AB

The Unit changed, the rest stays the same.

I hope it won't take too much time...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xandt said:
I don't think you can be in two different status at the same time. Once you receive OWP, you are not a "visitor" anymore; although still "temporary resident", as the WP has expiry date on it.

It is well understood that re-entry may still be denied regardless one has a visa or not, need a visa or not, until that someone becomes either Canadian PR or citizen. My assumption is: that I don't need to apply visa for re-entry as WP holder, and I'm a citizen of a visa exempt country.
Which only adds to the confusion regarding my question. I thought that OWPs issued after AIP had something on them stating `Does Not Confer Temporary Resident Status' (or similar).

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Just to make sure:

You don't need the LMIA to apply for the OWP under the one year pilot, right?