20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
That guy had so many red flags, it was not a normal case at all.
As it turned out, CIC didn't have the applicant passport at landing. CBSA seized the passport when the applicant claimed refugee status at entry. It is not a rejection but a delay in landing at least until CIC get the applicant's passport back from CBSA. How long of a wait, we don't know, at least until CIC gets passport.

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Hey everyone!
I haven't been on this thread for a while but I do try & keep an eye on the conversations.. it can get so frustrating with all this waiting & continued delays.
Anyway, this is mostly directed at Quebec based applicants...
1) If you DO NOT have your CSQ request letter, please let me know when you applied.
2) If you have got your OWP through the pilot, have you been able to get RAMQ healthcare WITHOUT your CSQ?
There are a number of us that haven't received the CSQ request from CIC so when it comes to healthcare coverage with the OWP, we are being told that we won't be eligible. (even though we'll pay taxes through working?!)

We're trying to keep track so that when it comes to speaking with relevant parliament/government/media, we have some reliable details in our Quebec only spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xkwrQ8U-OUWPI0SBxHRuwQ9aUSRG2cEGIqxe8znuhVA/edit#gid=0

On another note... some stories en francais that some of you may not have seen:
1) http://journalmetro.com/actualites/montreal/705236/des-couples-excedes-par-les-delais-de-limmigration-exigent-une-enquete/
2) http://ici.radio-canada.ca/widgets/mediaconsole/medianet/7230691
3) http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/quebec/2015/01/17/004-couple-quebec-immigration-certificat-selection-quebec-problemes.shtml

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
atticusfinch said:
Hey everyone!
I haven't been on this thread for a while but I do try & keep an eye on the conversations.. it can get so frustrating with all this waiting & continued delays.
1) If you DO NOT have your CSQ request letter, please let me know when you applied.
2) If you have got your OWP through the pilot, have you been able to get RAMQ healthcare WITHOUT your CSQ?
There are a number of us that haven't received the CSQ request from CIC so when it comes to healthcare coverage with the OWP, we are being told that we won't be eligible. (even though we'll pay taxes through working?!)

We're trying to keep track so that when it comes to speaking with relevant parliament/government/media, we have some reliable details in our Quebec only spreadsheet https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd%2F1xkwrQ8U-OUWPI0SBxHRuwQ9aUSRG2cEGIqxe8znuhVA%2Fedit%23gid%3D0&h=CAQEOFs_r

On another note... some stories en francais that some of you may not have seen:
1) http://journalmetro.com/actualites/montreal/705236/des-couples-excedes-par-les-delais-de-limmigration-exigent-une-enquete/
2) http://ici.radio-canada.ca/widgets/mediaconsole/medianet/7230691
3) http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/quebec/2015/01/17/004-couple-quebec-immigration-certificat-selection-quebec-problemes.shtml
Hello, I am a Quebec based applicant. CIC received my application on April 7, 2014, and I received the AoR on August 7, 2014. Nothing about the CSQ request so far. Moreover, I couldn't log in to eCAS.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
That guy had so many red flags, it was not a normal case at all.
Your lack of empathy is your greatest quality. Your mum must be so proud of you.

Killerchef

Jan 21, 2015
anng said:
Hi everyone. My husband recieved his OWP today issued last Jan. 14. I would just like to ask what does Condition 27 means? Thank you.
Hi my aplication was receive in March 24 2014 it's in the program spouse comunn in love so I am out of status in Canada my cuestion its can I aplay to the OWP with the new law made 22 of December 2014 or just wait to the firts letter from Imigration canada I Ben married for 4 years allready I have one and half with out status just because my passport expire and take for the government of venezuela givent to me a new one 4 months I have two extension in my oldest one passport so they talk me the I can't have another extension just I need to do a new one and that just screw me for ever so now I am without status wit a new passport wigs aplication with 10 months already in Canada no work no life my wife it's not happy anymore and my cuestion its ( what can I do ) I am I a depression deep my wife have two daughters from a previous relationship and it's hard to keep up whit the bill for what I see I am in deep shit ? Or I have hope ? Please if some body can say me something !!!! Gonna be very appreciate thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Killerchef said:
Hi my aplication was receive in March 24 2014 it's in the program spouse comunn in love so I am out of status in Canada my cuestion its can I aplay to the OWP with the new law made 22 of December 2014 or just wait to the firts letter from Imigration canada I Ben married for 4 years allready I have one and half with out status just because my passport expire and take for the government of venezuela givent to me a new one 4 months I have two extension in my oldest one passport so they talk me the I can't have another extension just I need to do a new one and that just screw me for ever so now I am without status wit a new passport wigs aplication with 10 months already in Canada no work no life my wife it's not happy anymore and my cuestion its ( what can I do ) I am I a depression deep my wife have two daughters from a previous relationship and it's hard to keep up whit the bill for what I see I am in deep *censored word* ? Or I have hope ? Please if some body can say me something !!!! Gonna be very appreciate thanks
Those that are out of status are not eligible for the OWP under the pilot program. You will be eligible for OWP after you reach stage one approval, known as AIP (Approval in Principle), which could be ~ August of this year, based on the current processing times.

Keep the faith!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
susana said:
Here is the whole story ; He applied Inland with a valid IEC open work permit, submitted an application for the OWP with the inland sponorship. He was told about the new pilot program and read in this forum that he could go to the border and get his work permit there. He drove down to Coutts as his IEC work permit was about to expire And his employer told him that he needed a new work permit to continue working.
The officer refused to give him the OWP as the instructions are to wait for it or apply to Vegreville.
As he only had few days left , the officer decided no to let him in. ( he can for sure make this decision, like it or not ) Call it bad luck but it happened. Of course his application cannot be cancelled by a CBSA officer but he can write on his file that the applicant is not longer in Canada. So he want to visit friends in USA and lucky him his OWP arrived yesterday. He is flying back on Monday and we have faith he will be allowed re-entry.
Any update on your friend?

alexander_Schwartz

Apr 17, 2014
atticusfinch said:
Hey everyone!

I live in Quebec and applied on 16 January 2014. To date I have not received a letter in order to apply for a CSQ

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Linden said:
Any update on your friend?
Thanks for asking ! Yes, he was allowed re-entry, no questions asked. This is not the first time that the officers in Coutts give people a hard time when apply for wp at the landing crosssing.

Blissy_78

May 9, 2013
Hi All,

I'm a Feb 2014 applicant and i received my OWP this Monday, Jan 19, praise God!

I have another concern that probably have been touched in previous conversation here, but i would really appreciate if anyone could at least give me advice or feedback about this. My passport will expire on July 2015 and i am planning to renew it on Feb 02. Here's hoping that by the time they ask me of my passport for my PR, i would have it renewed by then. My question is, would there be an issue or more delay of processing if i change the name on the passport because i got married last August of 2013? I want to use my husband's last name on the new passport and If i get the new one with my married name, would that create confusion on the application i sent named after when i was still single? OR because i would be sending the new one right after i receive it, they will automatically update everything on their end and that i don't have to worry about anything then?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Liilyuniique

Dec 31, 2014
Blissy_78 said:
Hi All,

I have another concern that probably have been touched in previous conversation here, but i would really appreciate if anyone could at least give me advice or feedback about this. My passport will expire on July 2015 and i am planning to renew it on Feb 02. Here's hoping that by the time they ask me of my passport for my PR, i would have it renewed by then. My question is, would there be an issue or more delay of processing if i change the name on the passport because i got married last August of 2013? I want to use my husband's last name on the new passport and If i get the new one with my married name, would that create confusion on the application i sent named after when i was still single? OR because i would be sending the new one right after i receive it, they will automatically update everything on their end and that i don't have to worry about anything then?

Thank you!

I am also feb 2014 applicant as well but i havent received my owp yet. :( May I ask when did you send in your application and receive AOR?

Thaks!

Pantsos

Dec 23, 2014
atticusfinch said:
Hey everyone!
Quebec applicant here, CIC received my app on March 7.
Got my AOR in August. My sponsor got the AOR in September also request for CSQ in the same email. I Got the CSQ in October.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
How can you tell if you applied inland or outland, do they both get sent to the same place?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Blissy_78 said:
Hi All,

Thank you!
The name on your passport and the name on your COPR (when you land) have to be the same, otherwise you won't be able to land.
In theory you have plenty of time to change your name in your home country, get a new passport with your married name, change your name on every Canadian document (driver's licence, credit card, etc), then send a copy of everything along with an explanation letter to CIC so they can change your name on your application and issue your COPR to your married name.
In practice, seeing how incompetent they are with the address change I don't know if they will be able to do that.
The worst thing that can happen is that the COPR will be issued to your maiden name so your landing interview will be postponed till they can finally fix the change of name.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
jamsham12 said:
How can you tell if you applied inland or outland, do they both get sent to the same place?
There are different forms, different requirements for the two process.