+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

truthORdare

May 25, 2014
Hi All,

Would like to update that I received my OWP this morning from CIC. :p

Glad to see some traction - however, I am still unable to check my status on the CIC website which kinda worries me. ???

Applied : June 10, 2014
AOR : August 08, 2014
OWP : January 22, 2015

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
truthORdare said:
Hi All,

Would like to update that I received my OWP this morning from CIC. :p

Glad to see some traction - however, I am still unable to check my status on the CIC website which kinda worries me. ???

Applied : June 10, 2014
AOR : August 08, 2014
OWP : January 22, 2015
Me neither. Still cannot see anything online.

Went to Services Canada office yesterday and got SIN with the OWP.

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Thanks for all the details Quebec folks!

If any of you want to be added to this... or if you have any info regarding CSQ/ request letter dates... please let me know!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xkwrQ8U-OUWPI0SBxHRuwQ9aUSRG2cEGIqxe8znuhVA/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Blissy_78

May 9, 2013
Liilyuniique said:
I am also feb 2014 applicant as well but i havent received my owp yet. :( May I ask when did you send in your application and receive AOR?

Thaks!
I feel for you, every passing day since i found out that some May and June and even July and August applicants were getting their OWP, i was close to loosing hope, but you gotta have more patience and faith that it will also come. CIC explained that they no longer have the time to sort out the application dates in giving out OWP, they just wanted to get the job done right away, and i guess that explains why it was randomly sent to us.

My OWP application was sent together with my PR application and i got my AOR on May 17.

Here's hoping for your OWP to be in your mailbox soon! :)

Blissy_78

May 9, 2013
sophieee said:
The name on your passport and the name on your COPR (when you land) have to be the same, otherwise you won't be able to land.
In theory you have plenty of time to change your name in your home country, get a new passport with your married name, change your name on every Canadian document (driver's licence, credit card, etc), then send a copy of everything along with an explanation letter to CIC so they can change your name on your application and issue your COPR to your married name.
In practice, seeing how incompetent they are with the address change I don't know if they will be able to do that.
The worst thing that can happen is that the COPR will be issued to your maiden name so your landing interview will be postponed till they can finally fix the change of name.
Thank you for sharing, appreciate it. :)

I have decided to obtain my single name in my passport for now, to avoid any conflict. I will make all the necessary changes in my documents after i get my PR. :)

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Hi!

I haven't included my OWP application in the package (sent out in September). Do you think I should add it now? any experience?

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
MaryLou6 said:
Hi!

I haven't included my OWP application in the package (sent out in September). Do you think I should add it now? any experience?
Yes, u'll be added in the pilot program

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
nismopinoy said:
Yes, u'll be added in the pilot program
Thank you so much!!!! YOU'VE MADE MY DAY!!!!!

What else do I have to include to OWP package? besides the owp form and job offer ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MaryLou6 said:
Thank you so much!!!! YOU'VE MADE MY DAY!!!!!

What else do I have to include to OWP package? besides the owp form and job offer ?
Did you maintain your status, even though you didn't include the OWP with your Inland application (that would have given you implied status)?

penimoet

Jan 22, 2015
Hi everyone, im so glad to found this kind of forum, so I can get any information that I always keep asking in my mind lol

Well, I applied common law sponsorship inland august 24th 2014, and after that at october 15th I got a letter from cic that my files were not completed (I forgot to put IMM 5608) I thought it was needed. Directly I sent back my files in the same time that I got the letter from cic. But until now I haven't receive anything from cic even the AOR.

After I sent back cic my files, I found out that im pregnant, should I provide this information and send it to cic? Or it doesn't matter for cic?

And I just wondering what is OWP? Because I read all of u applied this too with the PR application.

Thank you anyway, and nice to meet u all :)

Liilyuniique

Dec 31, 2014
Hi guys. Ive got a quick question here.

I submitted my pr application along with owp on February 2014. Unfortunately, my owp was returned due to insufficient fee so i sent the whole owp back again on June 2014 ( i dont remember the exact date ). Anyway, according to the agent i spoke with today, he told me that cic received my returned owp on july, 07, 2014 and i will be under the new pilot project. But, after speaking with the agent i went online and realized that imm 5710 ( one of the owp forms) was updated on june 2014. So my question is since my application owp was returned on June and i sent it back on the same month, would they return my owp again due to 1 outdated form?

Hope you guys dont find it confusing.. thanks in advance!!!

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
So all of the people who apply for the IEC Visa, which includes a Open Work Permit the exact same as the Pilot Project Open Work permits.

I know 100's of people who have that same Open Work Permit who have left and re-entered Canada multiple times at the boarder and never had any issues, I don't see what the differences is.

I did the very same when I was on the IEC Visa, it also stated "This does not authorize re-entry" on the work permit like the pilot one I went and came back many times and each time my British passport was just stamped.
You don't understand what "This does not authorize re-entry" on the IEC visa means. Check the CIC website under number 15. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/poland-pologne/visas/faq_working-travailler.aspx?lang=eng#a15

When I entered Canada, the immigration officer gave me a Work Permit (IMM1208B). On it is written 'Does not authorize re-entry'. What does that mean?

That means that the document alone will not allow you to re-enter Canada if you leave. You must also have a valid passport.

If you require a temporary resident visa (TRV), you must also have a visa that is valid at the time you wish to return to Canada. The permit or visitor record does not take the place of a visa.

Please note that at any time during the validity of your work or study permit, you may re-enter Canada after a trip to the United States only, even if you do not have a valid visa.

If you re-enter Canada from any other destination, you must have a valid visa, if you require one, to enter Canada.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Ponga said:
Did you maintain your status, even though you didn't include the OWP with your Inland application (that would have given you implied status)?
I'd assume, so my study permit doesn't end till August 2015.

I'm sending the OWP as soon as I get all the documents, is the fee for it 155$ or have I missed something?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MaryLou6 said:
I'd assume, so my study permit doesn't end till August 2015.

I'm sending the OWP as soon as I get all the documents, is the fee for it 155$ or have I missed something?
You do realize that OWP will not allow you to continue your studies once granted. So unless you actually finishing your studies and/or graduating before August 2015, don't submit your OWP unless you plan to work instead.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
screech339 said:
You do realize that OWP will not allow you to continue your studies once granted. So unless you actually finishing your studies and/or graduating before August 2015, don't submit your OWP unless you plan to work instead.
oh ya, I'm fully aware of that, I got my degree already :)
thanks