Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
ACS said:
Thanks Maxican and Lisan.

In our case, we still don't REALLY know if we have AIP or not....

I got Sponsorship Approval on Nov.6th. My husband (applicant) STILL hasn't received the actual AIP email yet.

Although our eCAS now shows his side as IN PROGRESS and "We started processing **huband's** application on

But we are both DYING for him to get his OWP!!! Literally we are going to soon not be able to make rent we are so behind in other payments, if he doesn't soon get something... :( The last time I spoke to CIC she said there is a communication for him which hasn't yet been sent, but she didn't say what it was...and that they have until Dec.4th to send it.....so ANXIOUSLY waiting for Dec.4th....

Just NEEEEED that OWP....omg.... :eek: ??? ??? :(

It took 1 month after AIP for my husband to get his OWP

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Princess029 said:
Hi guys my sponsor got the AIP today but me as an applicant needed extra documents to support my application. So I have few questions and I'm hoping that someone can give me an answer. They are asking me the custody of my child which I don't have but I do have documents from my lawyer that me and my child abandoned by his father long time ago. What should I do?

Second- they're asking me to do the police check which I already did along with my application and did not travel anywhere.

Third- is the Birth Registration certificate is the same as birth certificate? Please help me guys.
May I ask how old is your child and wereyou previously married to the Father?

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
He is 14. And previously married

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
ACS said:
Thanks Maxican and Lisan.

In our case, we still don't REALLY know if we have AIP or not....

I got Sponsorship Approval on Nov.6th. My husband (applicant) STILL hasn't received the actual AIP email yet.

Although our eCAS now shows his side as IN PROGRESS and "We started processing **huband's** application on November 17, 2014."

But we are both DYING for him to get his OWP!!! Literally we are going to soon not be able to make rent we are so behind in other payments, if he doesn't soon get something... :( The last time I spoke to CIC she said there is a communication for him which hasn't yet been sent, but she didn't say what it was...and that they have until Dec.4th to send it.....so ANXIOUSLY waiting for Dec.4th....

Just NEEEEED that OWP....omg.... :eek: ??? ??? :(
Hey guys .. Am August 23,2013 applicant. My husband sponsored me. His online status shows under my name as decision made but in permanent residence section under my name says ..in process. Also upon clicking on sponsorship it says mail sent to my husband on 27 November and expect delays in delivery.

Can somebody please guide me why we will be receiving mail whereas other receive DM emails. Secondly is this AIP for both of us or only my husband?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Princess029 said:
He is 14. And previously married
Based on what you wrote, you need to get court documents granting you full custody, if not,at least an authorization from the father of son to take him to Canada permanently.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
I have a consent from the father allowing my son to travel abroad with me. And I also have all the documents from my lawyer. I have to check everything I have and I would like to make a letter to it as well.i don't know what to do anymore. Gives me so.muxh headache

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
ATr said:
Hey guys .. Am August 23,2013 applicant. My husband sponsored me. His online status shows under my name as decision made but in permanent residence section under my name says ..in process. Also upon clicking on sponsorship it says mail sent to my husband on 27 November and expect delays in delivery.

Can somebody please guide me why we will be receiving mail whereas other receive DM emails. Secondly is this AIP for both of us or only my husband?
guys we got AIP letter both for us. Thank u all for ur support. Yayyyuy

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
ATr said:

Okay no idea why they are sending physical mail.. You will have to phone and ask them. what you have right now it Sponsorship approval not Approved in Principle. You will, yourself get a letter that says AIP. it comes after they review your file. Your husband is done in this process it is sponsorship approval which is not Decision made(although it says that for him). We are AIP and it says in process for Permanent Residency. AIP is a letter and you will know it when you get it. You will get a letter saying so or asking for more information. Decision made comes at the very end of the process after your files are processed and will tell you what office will contact you for landing. It is many months after AIP that you get DM.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
ATr said:
Congrats princess029. I hope you get things sorted out.
Congrats to you ATR too. I can imagine your sigh of relief for getting those emails for sponsor and yourself. Im wondering what the physical letter is about? I am guessing its your owp (if you sent one?) if so, you can give them a call midweek to find out if it was your owp. Congrats again.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ATr said:
Just want to make sure that this is the letter that YOU (the applicant) received:

Dear xxxx:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

If so, then it is in fact AIP. Some people have received other letters that turned out NOT to actually be AIP.

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
hey everyone. we are an aug. 2013 applicant who received their stage 1 about 6 weeks ago. we just received the OWP (which we sent in with the original applicaiton). thing is, it expires in April 2015 (although my wife's passport expires 5 years from now). the passport was extended only about 3 months ago. it looks like they used the old passport date to base the expiry date of the OWP on.

how much of an issue is this? how easy is it to renew the OWP?

thanks!

edit: arrgghhh... the old passport number is on the OWP. problem?

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
gfdvca said:
Alurra71,

First, I wish to recognize you for your thorough knowledge of the Permanent Resident application procedure for the US. I respectfully defer to your expertise in this matter, and thank you for contributing this valuable information to the discussion.

However, I must say that several comments you made in your reply only served to fan the flames. At the end of your post you say that it's not easy to sit and wait for the paperwork to be processed. Maybe you have suffered through both the American and Canadian immigration processes, in which case yes, you have spent more time waiting for basic privileges in a foreign country (i.e. OWP, healthcare) than my family has. In case you haven't, I speak for every member of this group when I say it's very easy for you to sit on a high horse and regurgitate the “CICSpeak” that Canada is now and has always been the easiest country to immigrate to. I will comment on this later. You landed in a little over 12 months? Such a thing would have everyone in this thread crying bloody murder for circumventing the wait times; either that or you would be eligible for expedited processing due to having a removal order imposed on you by CBSA, perhaps the only fate worse than waiting in this miserable immigration purgatory as it lengthens from 6-8 months (for AIP, what we were told at the time of our application in September 2013) to what will almost certainly be 16 months or longer by the time we receive AIP (which does not carry the privileges of full PR).

Let's start with some preamble. The foreign VO that my spouse and I could have applied to outland had a total wait of 14 months (potentially faster, reminding our viewers that this published figure is the wait time for 80% of finalized applications in each office) from application received to full PR visa when we were deciding between inland or outland. On the advice of a fully accredited immigration lawyer, and based on a history of CIC honouring its posted wait times within a reasonable margin, we submitted an inland application and expected to wait several months before both of us would be working, and an additional 8 months until we would be fully mobile in and out of Canada with CoPR. It was precisely in the latter months of 2013 that things began to deteriorate for inland applicants. Mired in a labour dispute with Minister Clement and the treasury board, 2013-2014 was a difficult time for employees in the Foreign Service and it appears that CIC had to do some reshuffling to accommodate a reduction in resources. The decision makers at CIC seized the opportunity to move all of our files from Vegreville to Mississauga and you know what Alurra71? There are a lot of them, like ours that are probably still sitting in that very same mail bag. In the same time it will take to get AIP, my spouse could have had a job, healthcare and a PR card by now. It's a mistake that I'll chalk up to bad luck, but had I known this would drag on, there were other options for us to manage our transition to Canada.

Alurra71, let's say a friend makes a commitment to you and your spouse. For $1000, they will perform a professional service for you in the next 6-8 months that will allow you and your spouse, from a position in which you are otherwise unable to do so, to move forward with your lives both personally and professionally. Furthermore, this friend happens to be one of the only qualified people in the entire country capable of conferring these privileges upon you. Now 14 months has passed, this friend hasn't spoken to you, you can't call this friend to ask them what is happening, and you're essentially no closer to salvation than when you originally started. You can get out of this and ask another friend for help, but this path with now take an additional 14 months. Wouldn't you feel duped, Alurra71? As late 2013 / early 2014 Inland Applicants this is what sets us uniquely apart from many of the other valued contributors to this forum; during processing we have had our wait time for basic privileges double over what we originally planned for. This has consequences for those of us who made financial plans for 6-8 months on one income at the outset rather than 16-18 months, which is my speculative assessment of when we will receive AIP. These include but not are limited to, acute financial and emotional stresses at home. We're a battered and bruised bunch, Alurra71.

Addressing your comment about Canada having been, and currently being the easiest country to immigrate to in the first world: This analysis will benefit from taking a page out of our first-year calculus textbooks and looking at the derivative rather than the instantaneous position. Currently, as of this day, yes: Canada may be one of the easiest countries to immigrate to for the average, qualified applicant. However, if you are the leader in any cohort, it is not sufficient to simply rest on your laurels and preach that you are the best, there are high standards to maintain and anyone who is caught in this inland quagmire (and my trusted legal counsel) will tell you that things are in decline in this Ministry and we risk losing this accolade. Your post accurately outlines the caveats that come with trying to compare apples to oranges, I accept that, but I don't think it is a stretch to claim that Family class permanent residency is being neglected under this government and it may reach a point where other “first-world” countries overtake Canada in the list of world's most hospitable immigrant destinations.

Can we agree that that trying to compare the countries in frames of ‘time' spent to get to the end result isn't really worth it? To employ your use of caps, ABSOLUTELY WE CANNOT AGREE. In fact, I invite any other members of this forum who have experience immigrating to any of the mentioned countries on the “comparison chart”, as Alurra71 has christened it, to chime in and enlighten us with their data and anecdotes. Even though we must accept that it is an imperfect measure, what other yardstick do we have to judge the effectiveness of our immigration programs, other than by how other similar countries handle theirs? I'm open to your suggestions. Furthermore, I have listed my sources and it is my furthest intention to mislead the members of this thread who have had their fill of misleading information from CIC. What I will agree to after reading your post (although many of your points about children and potentially losing PR status do not apply to myself or fellow members of this thread) is that the US PR process is certainly no better, and perhaps less accommodating than the Canadian equivalent, nevertheless I should add that at least in the US they give you a morsel of customer service.

Thank you to those of you who have stuck around to read this post. I know you are suffering and I humbly ask for your forgiveness if you felt mislead. I want this “comparison chart” to accurately portray the facts about where Canada's immigration program stands in comparison with our peers, and I welcome your feedback. I believe that you have to be the change that you want to see in the world. If we can confront the decision makers with data and stories that incite change, we will realize our dream of a normal Canadian family life sooner than we ever thought possible. It's a great thing isn't it Screech? Alurra71?

http://www.inlandsponsor.weebly.com

-GFDVCA
GFDVCA, thanks for the data and the website. I COMMEND YOU on your efforts in raising awareness so that all those aspiring to move to Canada, can have a good think about the delays to expect and make an informed decision accordingly.

When we applied, the Stage one process was going to be 6-8 months. Now its climbing everyday as we all know. Its ridiculous that Chis Alexander does want to engage in a conversation on the delays that is causing the suffering for all of us. This kind of unaccountability is difficult to understand in a First World Country.

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government." - Thomas Jefferson.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
princesultan said:
hey everyone. we are an aug. 2013 applicant who received their stage 1 about 6 weeks ago. we just received the OWP (which we sent in with the original applicaiton). thing is, it expires in April 2015 (although my wife's passport expires 5 years from now). the passport was extended only about 3 months ago. it looks like they used the old passport date to base the expiry date of the OWP on.

how much of an issue is this? how easy is it to renew the OWP?

thanks!
It shouldn't be an issue at all, with your AIP and with the new passport you are eligible for an OWP. I suggest to wait till February or March, you may get your DM by then. If not, just apply to extend your stay in Canada as a worker.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
I'm happy to see any movement here, I hope they speed up the processing! Although I'm bored to stay at home and not doing anything this winter, I tried to keep myself busy. My partner bought an urban cottage, it's a waterfront property and a fixer upper. I'm busy looking at different styles lol and we will start renovating in few weeks. I live in Kearney Lake in Nova Scotia ( hundreds of lakes out here)

To all applicants who are waiting out there, keep your spirits high!