Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
Are they taking another break? I officially hate CIC !

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Why is it that people here are so emotional and expressive when they are waiting for a decision: they count down days, vent, cry, hope etc... And when they finally get their decision after such a long wait, they write something like: "Hi, quick update, I got my AIP and DM today, the interview is in one week...Good luck to all. Bye". You would expect them to go crazy and wild :eek: :p ;D, but they are cold and unemotional as if it is not a bit deal to get a decision made, they get it every week... I don't understand, because I haven't been so lucky yet to be in that position. So, is it because people burn out? May be somebody can explain this to me?

On another note, I am deeply upset that the processing times didn't move and there are no updates from other February members. CIC started to give too much hope last week and hope is addicting... :(

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
liza-laziza said:
Why is it that people here are so emotional and expressive when they are waiting for a decision: they count down days, vent, cry, hope etc... And when they finally get their decision after such a long wait, they write something like: "Hi, quick update, I got my AIP and DM today, the interview is in one week...Good luck to all. Bye". You would expect them to go crazy and wild :eek: :p ;D, but they are cold and unemotional as if it is not a bit deal to get a decision made, they get it every week... I don't understand, because I haven't been so lucky yet to be in that position. So, is it because people burn out? May be somebody can explain this to me?

On another note, I am deeply upset that the processing times didn't move and there are no updates from other February members. CIC started to give too much hope last week and hope is addicting... :(
I think it could be that people are burnt out with the waiting... or maybe people know how painful the wait is and they dont want to be OVERLY happy on here. Maybe people feel that posting this big long story about how happy they are and how everything is over may come off as they are rubbing it in everyones face that didnt get approved yet. lol I hope people understand what I'm trying to say. So people may just respond with a quick response for that reason.

I'm so depressed about another week and no jump... im running out of money , my wife cant work and I budged for 8 to 9 months. Its going on a year.... I am staying positive I know it will all work out very soon for all the Feb apps!! Then March will start wooo!!!

L

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
liza-laziza said:

Lol liza-laziza that is so true. From my understanding people who get their decisions go "crazy" when they find out...probably jump up n down and pass out with happiness i dont know they probably dont come to this forum right then so we dont see the excessive joy in their posts cuz its already been "released" may i say after so much wait. Lol. But we over here are tortured souls still...waiting our turns...and when we dont see a jump can only vent on this forum.

I think the day i get my DM i will definitely shock myself into coma for a day...overwhelming joyyy of the moment. Cant imagine what it would be like!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
liza-laziza said:

I think if they would jump and go h ysterical about getting AIP or DM... we would get so upset because we are not getting that... so out of respect... they keep a low key and dont make a fuss of it... so conclusion... they are been respectufl and cautious... :)

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
I am a lil upset at everything.... bad week....No Jump, No news ...deep sigh..btw, have you all read harper statements lately. If not, please read this.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/prime-minister-harper-unveils-grand-plan-to-reshape-canada/article2316795/

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
I am a lil upset at everything.... bad week....No Jump, No news ...deep sigh..btw, have you all read harper statements lately. If not, please read this.
Yes I did read that last week Missha, although I'm not sure that the 2011 applicants will actually see this benefit as a new bill will probably take a while to get passed and then actually applied. However it is hopefully good news for upcoming applicants who have the education and work skills to be a productive member of society.

TU160

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
missha said:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/prime-minister-harper-unveils-grand-plan-to-reshape-canada/article2316795/
I sit at home almost a year:mad: Where is my OWP?

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Hey I applied on June 20th, 2011
Started proccessing on June 24th, 2011
Did the police clearance and medical on September 29th,2011

And until now I haven't received anything yet or heard from them.
What should I do ?! I'm also a denied refugee claimant I got married after I was denied so I don't know it has to do with the case or not ?! Should I worry a lot about being denied as a refugee claimant or not ?
Why I haven't gotten any response fro them yet? I applied inland from Toronto and my file is in Alberta vergeville
Please tell me what I should do...

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
Aiman said:
Hey I applied on June 20th, 2011
Started proccessing on June 24th, 2011
Did the police clearance and medical on September 29th,2011

And until now I haven't received anything yet or heard from them.
What should I do ?! I'm also a denied refugee claimant I got married after I was denied so I don't know it has to do with the case or not ?! Should I worry a lot about being denied as a refugee claimant or not ?
Why I haven't gotten any response fro them yet? I applied inland from Toronto and my file is in Alberta vergeville
Please tell me what I should do...
Hello AIMAN, I'm in a very similar situation to yours, except we got married and applied for sponsor before the denial of refugee and before prra... from what I've heard, if you applied for sponsor after the denial but before prra, you should be OK, otherwise you might have to go wait for the sponsor answer outside Canada... also, i applied in February 2011 and i have also not received ANYTHING from them, so, that is common... hope that helps you a bit!

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
kdmosco said:
Hello AIMAN, I'm in a very similar situation to yours, except we got married and applied for sponsor before the denial of refugee and before prra... from what I've heard, if you applied for sponsor after the denial but before prra, you should be OK, otherwise you might have to go wait for the sponsor answer outside Canada... also, i applied in February 2011 and i have also not received ANYTHING from them, so, that is common... hope that helps you a bit!
Hey Kdmosco... Well what happened is that I was denied then I appealed to the federal court. But I got married and submitted the application before I was denied for the appeal. However I have to report every month to the CBSA. But I proposed to my wife before I had the hearing for the refugee. But we got married after I was denied the refugee claimant. What did u submit to them as proves ?! I know they won't believe me it's a genuine marriage but it is, however I just want to know what should I submit more ?!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
For those who are getting Ready For Interview ( Recent Interview of luckjinx from Inland 2010 Forum)

I don't mind sharing at all, I think it would of been extremely useful to know some of this information before attending the interview.
Firstly, It isn't as intimidating as some people think it is ( we were one of those). The immigration officer doing our interview was very pleasant/kind but she was down to the point and definitly did her job.

What initially happens is, she will call both the sponsor and applicant in the room together.She will verify your names , birthdates. She will ask you for the documents she would of requested in the letter she sent out with your interview times ie. bank statements/tax returns/pictures/emails etc etc....
She will briefly go through those asking a few questions here and there about them if she chooses.
Then she tells one of you to leave the room while she interviews the other. ( usually the person who is interviewed first is the applicant because they need to verify some things that were redflags/faulty ). That took about 1.5hrs. Then, she will interview the sponsor, which took about 30 mins (in our case anyway).

So that's how it kinda happens..... As for the questions :

- What is some type of landmark that is located near were you live? (ex. a mural on a wall, a big fountain, a shopping center)
- What are some of your spouses hobbies?
- What did you do together this weekend?
- What did you have for dinner last night?
- Do you know some history on your spouse?( why did they come to Canada , how did they come to canada , if they are inland)
- Where did your spouse go to school?
- How did you first meet? (this was important... it seems simple but apparently is a big question for em)
- Who takes care of the finances in the home?
- Who cooks?
- How much is each of your bills roughly... example: Hydro /telus/shaw/rent/insurance ....
Ohh, another thing is know all your timelines!!!! Very important. Whether its travelling back and forth, certain events that both affected you....they will ask the question and sometimes re ask in a different way to see if you slip up or something....

"Those are a few questions that stick out in my mind. It was very laid back and is just easy if you are a legitimate couple. Mind you we did not answer them all the same or correct some times. But they overall have to have a feeling that you are an actual couple.

At the very end , when she finished my interview, she said that "I will mail a letter to you with a decision being made and that she will approve our application"
We were sooooooooo happy.
I know this is long, but I feel like If i had someone write this out in detail before my interview i would of been calm and prepared.
I hope this helps someone in the future!

fwmello

Nov 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
Updating my case.
Last week on Thursday I got one email from CIC informing that my application for PR was received on November 10, 2011.
Today my eCAS was updated with the following information:

"We started processing your application on January, 26 2012"

And it's showing that he is the sponsored person.
We are so happy and I'm waiting good news soon.
Have a good week everyone here ;D

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
For those who are getting Ready For Interview ( Recent Interview of luckjinx from Inland 2010 Forum)

I don't mind sharing at all, I think it would of been extremely useful to know some of this information before attending the interview.
Firstly, It isn't as intimidating as some people think it is ( we were one of those). The immigration officer doing our interview was very pleasant/kind but she was down to the point and definitly did her job.

What initially happens is, she will call both the sponsor and applicant in the room together.She will verify your names , birthdates. She will ask you for the documents she would of requested in the letter she sent out with your interview times ie. bank statements/tax returns/pictures/emails etc etc....
She will briefly go through those asking a few questions here and there about them if she chooses.
Then she tells one of you to leave the room while she interviews the other. ( usually the person who is interviewed first is the applicant because they need to verify some things that were redflags/faulty ). That took about 1.5hrs. Then, she will interview the sponsor, which took about 30 mins (in our case anyway).

So that's how it kinda happens..... As for the questions :

- What is some type of landmark that is located near were you live? (ex. a mural on a wall, a big fountain, a shopping center)
- What are some of your spouses hobbies?
- What did you do together this weekend?
- What did you have for dinner last night?
- Do you know some history on your spouse?( why did they come to Canada , how did they come to canada , if they are inland)
- Where did your spouse go to school?
- How did you first meet? (this was important... it seems simple but apparently is a big question for em)
- Who takes care of the finances in the home?
- Who cooks?
- How much is each of your bills roughly... example: Hydro /telus/shaw/rent/insurance ....
Ohh, another thing is know all your timelines!!!! Very important. Whether its travelling back and forth, certain events that both affected you....they will ask the question and sometimes re ask in a different way to see if you slip up or something....

"Those are a few questions that stick out in my mind. It was very laid back and is just easy if you are a legitimate couple. Mind you we did not answer them all the same or correct some times. But they overall have to have a feeling that you are an actual couple.

At the very end , when she finished my interview, she said that "I will mail a letter to you with a decision being made and that she will approve our application"
We were sooooooooo happy.
I know this is long, but I feel like If i had someone write this out in detail before my interview i would of been calm and prepared.
I hope this helps someone in the future!
Very Helpful information! Thanks!