+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial refugee process and asylum details required

BHaider5

Feb 3, 2023
Can you give more details about what that person told you exactly? Maybe there is an option I haven't considered. But the US refugee application really really limits your options at this point for claiming refugee status in Canada.
Actually he told me when u apply through church they listen to you and keep you in church safely for 2 weeks or more , work on ur behalf legally and provide u legal aid . By this u reach there without any risk. But if u go to border then there are several roubts or risks like .. they will welcome you , they will provide you legal aid or will ask you to sign the bond of 5000$ and also the chance they will not cooperate and say you to go back .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually he told me when u apply through church they listen to you and keep you in church safely for 2 weeks or more , work on ur behalf legally and provide u legal aid . By this u reach there without any risk. But if u go to border then there are several roubts or risks like .. they will welcome you , they will provide you legal aid or will ask you to sign the bond of 5000$ and also the chance they will not cooperate and say you to go back .
Think you have been given really bad information. You cannot apply through a church. Do you mean crossing illegally across the border on foot with all your belongings, and asking a church to give you refuge? You would need to find a church willing to help you with an illegal crossIng. Legal aid is not given for all cases either. What is is this $5k bond? Is this with illegal human smugglers?

BHaider5

Feb 3, 2023
Alright ... I just got these informations and have kids so I don't want to put them in danger. No it's when on the border ,they ask you any one who can come to take you or fill this form and pay the bond or what ? One of my friend crossed and his aunt gave 5k dollars . ... but apart of all this.... what you recommend me in this situation ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Alright ... I just got these informations and have kids so I don't want to put them in danger. No it's when on the border ,they ask you any one who can come to take you or fill this form and pay the bond or what ? One of my friend crossed and his aunt gave 5k dollars . ... but apart of all this.... what you recommend me in this situation ?
Your friend could cross at the border because he has an aunt in Canada, so eligible under the agreement. The Aunt would have put a bond to ensure that your friend came to the hearing.

https://irb.gc.ca/en/information-sheets/Pages/ib-ic.aspx

Do you have an eligible family member (in one of the posts) for you to claim asylum at a Canadian border crossing without being returned to the US.

BHaider5

Feb 3, 2023
Your friend could cross at the border because he has an aunt in Canada, so eligible under the agreement. The Aunt would have put a bond to ensure that your friend came to the hearing.

https://irb.gc.ca/en/information-sheets/Pages/ib-ic.aspx

Do you have an eligible family member (in one of the posts) for you to claim asylum at a Canadian border crossing without being returned to the US.
Honestly mentioned in the list ... no
my best friend is there ... my cousins & few relatives are there and want to support me and my family fully on this matter. But I am here to get the information, if some one relevant to this scenario applied recently . If yes then guide me little ... so whatever I do ... atleast I do with right preparations. Getting all ins and outs to keep my family safe . Thanks you guys

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Honestly mentioned in the list ... no
my best friend is there ... my cousins & few relatives are there and want to support me and my family fully on this matter. But I am here to get the information, if some one relevant to this scenario applied recently . If yes then guide me little ... so whatever I do ... atleast I do with right preparations. Getting all ins and outs to keep my family safe . Thanks you guys
So are not eligible to claim asylum at an official border crossing. I can’t guide you or recommend anything because you would have to make an illegal crossing with the clothes on your back and walking through the woods/snow with your children. Don’t know why you cannot remain in the US as you have an asylum claim. Having cousins to support you doesn’t allow you to cross legally, and has no bearing. You have to decide what is best for your family. No one on the forum can tell you what to do. Your case will take years to process and may be declined.