+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

information letter from CIC

abigail.l

Oct 13, 2019
Hi all. I’m sponsoring my husband from Mexico. Here is his time line: (I was approved as the sponsor almost immediately
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 11, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of his application(s) on September 26, 2019.
  3. We started processing his application on July 12, 2019.
  4. We sent his medical instructions on May 3, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent him correspondence on May 23, 2019. If he has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have him do so as soon as possible. Please wait until he receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent him correspondence on October 30, 2019. If he has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have him do so as soon as possible. Please wait until he receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  8. We sent you a letter on October 30, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

9. Step 7 was them requesting for us to go to an interview (me via phone call or in person if I was in Mexico). I’m assuming my letter will be the same as yours? His says “in process”. We haven’t sent all of the correspondence that they needed yet or done the interview. What do you think this could be? We have paid the right to permanent residence fee, send photocopies of the bio page on his passport and got an email that states to start preparing to come to Canada (where to live what jobs to get). I’m confused because it seems like it’s done but we still haven’t submitted everything or received the letter yet. Please help!!

Aug 26, 2017
Guys, I believe you can help me since I am also in one of the perplexed situation like this.

1) I am a direct EE PR single applicant with 2 dependents (wife & a kid)
2) I submitted the necessary documents post ITA for everything & even completed the Biometrics

Now I received a letter titled as "Information Letter" and it started like the following.

Dear Vignesh,

This is with reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

******* Details of submitting the passport to VFS, etc. etc.************

2) Passport size photo (2)

******** Details of the same*********************

I have serious doubt whether this is the PPR or something else.

I'd be so grateful for any help & guidance.

Thanks,
Vignesh

gualzg

Jan 7, 2020
Dear all, I received PPR on 23 October 2019 after waiting for ca. 8 months. Right after that I wrote IRCC whether it was possible to extend our medical requirements and set new visa validity to accommodate my spouse's graduation, that will take place in July 2020. Our medicals are set to expire on 1 March 2020 and it is difficult for us to make soft landing within that time frame. On 1 November IRCC sent me the information letter, where they requested to submit university enrollment proof for my spouse. I did that on 4 November. Since then nothing happens. I raised several enquiries through the web form, but receive the same standard response:

Thank you for contacting IRCC.
We verified the information you provided regarding your COPR and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Of course, this is information is not much helpful, so I am looking for your help here. What can I do in this situation? My medicals expire on 1 March anyways, and I know IRCC usually resets medical requirements when COPR validity is less than 2 months. I want to come to Canada in April 2020 and my family will join me after the graduation in August. I wrote them about this but still no response. :-(

Has anybody been in a similar situation? What is the review time for such requests? How long does this usually take? I have already been waiting for more than 2 months since the request, and still nothing... :-( Any help is very welcome and much appreciated!