+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

information letter from CIC

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hello everyone. I am the sponsor doing an outland sponsorship. He is my basic timeline.
Dec 2018 application received by CIC
Feb 2019 recieved AOR
Feb 2019 SA
Feb 2019 Medical requested by CIC
Mar 2019 Medical completed
Mar 2019 Biometrics requested and completed
Today in ECAS is says the following "We sent ##### ####### a letter on June 24th 2019 Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us"
Anyone know what this letter could be/mean? Status in ECAS still shows "In Process"
Any insight would be appreciated
Thanks!

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
What was the format of your PPR ... ready for visa mail ? Kindly share ... i got update in my CIC account in form of ‘Information Letter’ in following format
The letter states the following:
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 7 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued.
The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE
If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application. If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa. Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to bring the following documents:
1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Hello. I am sponsoring my wife and in our ECAS shows that a letter has been sent to her. The status still shows "in process" just wondering if the letter goes out first before they change the status from "in process" to "DM" Was your status changed when you saw cic had sent the letter?

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello. I am sponsoring my wife and in our ECAS shows that a letter has been sent to her. The status still shows "in process" just wondering if the letter goes out first before they change the status from "in process" to "DM" Was your status changed when you saw cic had sent the letter?
Yes even after receiving the letter mine atill shows in process

tarun27in

Dec 7, 2018
I got the information letter as well with the same content and I have nothing new to update on my application so I am just waiting. I am an inland FSW applicant.

How long its taking you guys to get an update from the Visa Office. My letter only specifies

“you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize yourapplication”

Whats the timeline between receiving this letter and actually being contacted by IRCC official?

Thank you!

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
I got the information letter as well with the same content and I have nothing new to update on my application so I am just waiting. I am an inland FSW applicant.

How long its taking you guys to get an update from the Visa Office. My letter only specifies

“you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize yourapplication”

Whats the timeline between receiving this letter and actually being contacted by IRCC official?

Thank you!
I found out the letter was an appointment for an interview later in the July. It basically said "in order to continue to process.your application for permanent residence an interview is required....yadda yadda yadda. So my sponsored fiancee has an interview at the VO handling our case. If anyone has been through this before any insight would be great!

Reactions: Angela Osita

tarun27in

Dec 7, 2018
I found out the letter was an appointment for an interview later in the July. It basically said "in order to continue to process.your application for permanent residence an interview is required....yadda yadda yadda. So my sponsored fiancee has an interview at the VO handling our case. If anyone has been through this before any insight would be great!
Sorry, I did not understand, your letter had appointment details in the letter? Because mine does not have any appointment details. Also, I am in an inland application and currently living and working in Canada so it might be different for me vs. somebody outside the country.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Sorry, I did not understand, your letter had appointment details in the letter? Because mine does not have any appointment details. Also, I am in an inland application and currently living and working in Canada so it might be different for me vs. somebody outside the country.
yes mostly different inland vs outland

Frogman

Jul 9, 2019
I have a letter saying my appointment is on Saturday in Ottawa. Can anyone tell me if the office is open on Saturday?

tarun27in

Dec 7, 2018
I received the same letter (same agent) around the same time frame as an outland applicant. Did you get your appointment already?
No, I am still waiting for my appointment. I called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that everything looks approved but there is no further update on the application and there are no additional notes as well. She also said that 6 weeks are their normal waiting period which I have already passed and she is going to send a note to VO to move this file or update the status on the application. That may take another 30 days :( Not sure what is happening and why is there so much delay.

What about you? did you get the appointment?

tarun27in

Dec 7, 2018
I received my landing appointment yesterday. I believe my call to the agent and her internal note to the office triggered something because I got an invitation within a week of my call to CIC customer support. I will do my landing in the Etobicoke office this week.

tarun27in

Dec 7, 2018
Update: I did my landing at Etobicoke with no issues. It was smooth and we were done in like 15 minutes. Now waiting for PR cards.

arj1partha

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
AOR Received.
13-10-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Hi All,
Added spouse in Jan 2019 to my existing Ontario PNP PR application.
I got the same letter on Aug 15th. On Sep 3rd I received an interview appointment letter for Sep 9th at Etobicoke. I received my COPR on the same day.
My spouse lives in India and yet to receive PPR.
Any idea how long would it take for them to ask for Passport after sending the information letter? Its been more than 4 weeks now.
Thanks

Last edited:

Huda huda

Jul 9, 2019
Hi All,
Added spouse in Jan 2019 to my existing Ontario PNP PR application.
I got the same letter on Aug 15th. On Sep 3rd I received an interview appointment letter for Sep 9th at Etobicoke. I received my COPR on the same day.
My spouse lives in India and yet to receive PPR.
Any idea how long would it take for them to ask for Passport after sending the information letter? Its been more than 4 weeks now.
Thanks
Hi,
I got an appointment next week to receive my CoPR and landing. My wife got PPR last week too. It takes 4/5 says to receive after inform them through IRC webform. Hope she will receive it soon. Don’t worry.

arj1partha

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
AOR Received.
13-10-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Hi,
I got an appointment next week to receive my CoPR and landing. My wife got PPR last week too. It takes 4/5 says to receive after inform them through IRC webform. Hope she will receive it soon. Don’t worry.
Thanks. My file is in Ottawa so the email will be from CIC Ottawa or from local immigration office in India?