+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

information letter from CIC

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Anyone after information letter in cic account kindly tell plz what was next procedure and how ircc contacted after this

ashwin1400

Sep 25, 2018
Hi @Manjot_Bhangu .. I'm an FSW-Outland applicant and even i received this email in the exact same format and specifications on May 15th. I responded on May 16th but haven't received any update yet after that.. Let me know if you receive any update on your end and I'll do the same..

Last edited:

ashwin1400

Sep 25, 2018
So I don't need to update anything so I won't be contacting them. Right now I am just waiting to see what happens.
Hey @greyfox.. I seriously think you have to respond to the letter informing them about your place of residence even if you don't have any updates to 'Step 1'.. They cannot proceed with your application if you don't update them with this information

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
I am afraid it doesn't take another 1-2 months as i have read posts that people with every thing passed dint get ‘information letter’ or ‘ approval letter’ from 2 months even when assesment is complete ... now more wait

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Kindly reply if anyone has got any update after receiving information letter or approval letter in cic application account

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hi @Manjot_Bhangu .. I'm an FSW-Outland applicant and even i received this email in the exact same format and specifications on May 15th. I responded on May 16th but haven't received any update yet after that.. Let me know if you receive any update on your end and I'll do the same..
Thank you Ashwin ... that would be very helpful

ashwin1400

Sep 25, 2018
Ashwin i raised CSE and got reply back that my file is now moved to etobicoke local visa office and they will contact for furthur steps within 6 weeks.
Thanks for the update ! My immigration lawyer called the CIC and they said that they received our response (to steps 1 and 2 of information letter) and asked us to wait for 4-6 weeks for further steps. I'll let you know if I get any updates..

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Thanks for the update ! My immigration lawyer called the CIC and they said that they received our response (to steps 1 and 2 of information letter) and asked us to wait for 4-6 weeks for further steps. I'll let you know if I get any updates..
Good that is a relief ... Last phase of journey is close to get our PR .. good luck .. will update you with any further response. Good Luck

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
What happens in landing interview .. kindly suggest. Why different from PPR. Im inland fsw applicant . Got approval/ information letter in cic account . What does it refer ? Any thing i should be worried of?

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
Hi all,

What's the timeline between receiving the Information letter and the appointment letter?

Thank you!

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
I also just received this message. Anyone have any idea how long it takes the local office to contact you and what method do they reach out on?

My application is inland and I originally applied by paper but I connected it to my cic account.
Hello there,

Did you receive the appointment letter?

Reactions: Jeremyjoe