+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

Gset

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Canada confirmed that As of September 27, 2021, direct flights from India to Canada will resume.

Yash Modh

May 20, 2017
Hello, I am planning to take a flight from Dubai to Toronto with Luftansa airline having a layover at Frankfurt 7 hours. I have a valid COPR with a stamped passport. Will I need a transit visa at Frankfurt Airport? Please advise as I am already in Dubai. Thank you.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hello, I am planning to take a flight from Dubai to Toronto with Luftansa airline having a layover at Frankfurt 7 hours. I have a valid COPR with a stamped passport. Will I need a transit visa at Frankfurt Airport? Please advise as I am already in Dubai. Thank you.
If you dont leave the airport or move out of the airside (means you stay inside the airport without any immigration at the Frankfurt airport) then you should not need any local Germany visa. Its simply a transit. From COVID negative scanning perspective, since you would have taken a negative test in UAE itself PRIOR to boarding flight at Dubai - you would be all set for Canada. Border Services at Canada accepts all negative c19 result from all countries, except that in India - it is just ONE particular test centre in Delhi which has acceptable certificates. But we digress - you will be all good! :)

lora111

Jul 29, 2021
Hi guys,
I wanted to know that if we land in Toronto in the evening and have a flight the next morning to a city in another province. Do we need a 14-day Quarantine plan for Toronto or the final destination?
Hey, can someone please advise me on this

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
Hey guys,

I am booking a flight for my parent towards the end of November. The flight has to be from Chennai to Toronto.

The flight travel path is Chennai > Delhi > Toronto either by Air Canada or Air India or both with at least 12 hours layover so the RT PCR test can be done and the results are available before boarding the Delhi flight.

Did anyone travel recently between these two airports after Sep 21? Could you please share the following information?

What flights did you take?
What are the travel requirements to board the Chennai flight?
How long did it take to get the RT PCR test results in New Delhi?
Is the Genestrings lab inside the international airport or outside?

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
From the FB groups it seems the results for Rapid PCR tests at IGI airport are delivered with an hour. So 5-6 hours layover should be good enough at Delhi Airport. Checkout the "Canadians stranded in India" group in FB for detailed experiences of the passengers who have flown through Delhi.

Reactions: mnint and hinavin

bir

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone , I have quick question. My parents coming on supervisa , do I need to book return ticket from Delhi to Toronto or just one way is enough because I don’t know the return date yet .TIA

vivekvargh

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Which is the best route apart from new Delhi to canada..does anyone recommend any gulf route ....where rtpcr can be done with minimal time and transit can be done

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Which is the best route apart from new Delhi to canada..does anyone recommend any gulf route ....where rtpcr can be done with minimal time and transit can be done
Etihad via Abu Dhabi route seems a bit cheap and fast. You can do the rtpcr at the airport itself

Reactions: hinavin

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hi everyone , I have quick question. My parents coming on supervisa , do I need to book return ticket from Delhi to Toronto or just one way is enough because I don’t know the return date yet .TIA
Although there is no set rule as such - it helps to keep a return ticket. Reduces questions and hassle for elderlies. Besides, several airlines are still flexible with change of dates, so if it is not too expensive I would try to book a return ticket with a tentative date.

Ppromo

Sep 30, 2021
What would happen if the test result in Delhi comes positive? Do we need to quarantine in Delhi for 14 days in a hotel before flying back to Bangalore? I am worried that I will be stuck in Delhi and I can't return to Bangalore if my test comes positive? Any suggestions?

BigMills

Jun 3, 2016
Hey for indian passport holders here, i am booking a flight from male, maldives to Toronto, Canada transiting Paris. My question is to anyone here, will my CO-PR visa exempt me having a transit visa for paris.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hey for indian passport holders here, i am booking a flight from male, maldives to Toronto, Canada transiting Paris. My question is to anyone here, will my CO-PR visa exempt me having a transit visa for paris.
The following is my general information - NOT specific to French visa regulation, so take it with a grain of salt.
Until CoPR is 'acknowledged upon Landing' - it is NOT a document that is considered as a Canadian residency by any definition. Thus basis of visa in France will be independent of CoPR. Solely dependent on your other residencies - i.e. India or Maldives or whatever it is in your situation.

Disclaimer: My information above may be completely wrong. :)