+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

ragiii

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
How’s that a political stunt?
If it weren't, there would be a logical reason behind their decisions. Not talking about this but other decisions too. The fact that they are complaining about increasing arrival cases despite this system being in place is a clear sign that it isn't working and they needn't look far to sort it out. Opening it for other countries and extending India's travel ban scientifically doesn't the problem they are claiming to solve. Instead, there seems to be an ulterior motive behind these bans. Trust me, all these decisions are political at this level and at this point.

blackflame96

Jul 25, 2021
Exactly. Came here to write this. This is just a political stunt for the upcoming elections.
If it was a political stunt, it should've been the other way around and the direct flights should have resumed. Because there are a lot of indian canadian political representatives in the parliament

blackflame96

Jul 25, 2021
You'd think that
Irrespective, now we're in hot soup.

Mexico seems to be most tested route by indian travellers. Anyone knows what are the things to keep in mind while planning the trip. Regarding transit visas, layover at other countries, rtpcr etc.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
If it was a political stunt, it should've been the other way around and the direct flights should have resumed. Because there are a lot of indian canadian political representatives in the parliament
It’s more about catering to the Liberal Party’s domestic constituencies , and also this time around they need to be a Big Tent party to win the fall election ( which is poised to be called anytime now ) - you see what happened in the U.K. when the delta variant first started to infect people? The people and the opposition blamed Boris Johnson for letting flights from India enter. The reality is that for many people around the world, delta = the Indian variant
Even though countries like the US and the U.K. are reporting almost 100% of their cases being the Delta variant ( plus vaccinated Americans being allowed to enter for non-essential travel and Indians not being allowed to enter for essential travel ) it would be a disaster for the Liberals if they were to open up flights to India just about now when elections are to take place, it would cost them dearly
There is simply no other consideration to this- politics is a balancing act , you have to make someone happy at the expense of someone else ( the Indian diaspora in Canada )

nobody should come here and tell me that this decision is based on epidemiological considerations because it’s not

Aug 6, 2021
I actually am planning it now. Some people actually reached Canada via that route on 3rd Aug and some are on way. Transit of 24+ hour is required to get the test results. People are not aware of it much because of less popularity and less information available.
Hi @Shadow_Man, you said you know people who reached Canada by this route? Could you please elaborate? The transit testing seems to be only for passengers to/from China. Thanks in advance!

ragiii

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
It’s more about catering to the Liberal Party’s domestic constituencies , and also this time around they need to be a Big Tent party to win the fall election ( which is poised to be called anytime now ) - you see what happened in the U.K. when the delta variant first started to infect people? The people and the opposition blamed Boris Johnson for letting flights from India enter. The reality is that for many people around the world, delta = the Indian variant
Even though countries like the US and the U.K. are reporting almost 100% of their cases being the Delta variant ( plus vaccinated Americans being allowed to enter for non-essential travel and Indians not being allowed to enter for essential travel ) it would be a disaster for the Liberals if they were to open up flights to India just about now when elections are to take place, it would cost them dearly
There is simply no other consideration to this- politics is a balancing act , you have to make someone happy at the expense of someone else ( the Indian diaspora in Canada )

nobody should come here and tell me that this decision is based on epidemiological considerations because it’s not
Thank you for clearing it up.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Anyone having information related to Rtpc tests and hotel quarantine for MEX route from India. + what is the costs for the same.

ragiii

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020

Based on this I don't see travel restrictions easing up anytime soon. Here's how it's gonna go. We'll cry for a while, accept this as they are and adapt to live with it. We have always been good at adapting. So let's skip the crying part.

• Haha
Reactions: Catmom and DevSB

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Anyone here knows a travel industry expert who can comment on these two things -

1) Will ticket prices continue to sky rocket hence NOW is the time to book and leave or is it wise to wait for a bit ?
2) Might UAE allow India transit anytime soon?

Thanks...

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
After the travel restriction extension, I have finally booked my tickets to Canada.

Del (20 Aug) --> Dubai (10 hour connecting flight, flydubai) --> Belgrade
Belgrade (28 Aug) --> Amsterdam (70 Minute layover) --> Toronto (3 hour layover) --> Halifax

It will cost me in between 1.6 - 1.75 including hotel stay and RTPCR test.

I have confirmed from Emirates if Transit is allowed in Dubai altjough my flight from Delhi to Dubai and then Dubai to Belgrade is flydubai.
Belgrade to Halifax is booked through KLM although operated by multiple carriers but just to make my travel comfortable.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
After the travel restriction extension, I have finally booked my tickets to Canada.

Del (20 Aug) --> Dubai (10 hour connecting flight, flydubai) --> Belgrade
Belgrade (28 Aug) --> Amsterdam (70 Minute layover) --> Toronto (3 hour layover) --> Halifax

It will cost me in between 1.6 - 1.75 including hotel stay and RTPCR test.

I have confirmed from Emirates if Transit is allowed in Dubai altjough my flight from Delhi to Dubai and then Dubai to Belgrade is flydubai.
Belgrade to Halifax is booked through KLM although operated by multiple carriers but just to make my travel comfortable.
Why didn’t you try going via Egypt ? You wouldn’t even need to quarantine for a week

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Anyone here knows a travel industry expert who can comment on these two things -

1) Will ticket prices continue to sky rocket hence NOW is the time to book and leave or is it wise to wait for a bit ?
2) Might UAE allow India transit anytime soon?

Thanks...
Point 1 is difficult to say , but point 2… aren’t Indian passengers allowed to transit in the UAE now?