+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Thank you. Yes, now I have got some clarity that no matter what happens I have no option but to wait till atleast mid October before i can book my tickets for December. Also the refund time, i wasn't aware of that so thanks again for sharing that info with me.
You can use google flights to get "price change alerts" for your itinerary.

Reactions: Sayanti Dey

Sayanti Dey

Aug 7, 2021
You should look into airlines policy on buying tickets. I think qatar has a policy that if you buy a ticket before 31 August 2021, it will be refunded fully if you cancel it. And you can make changes to it without fees and only pay change in price of ticket
I had no idea about it. Thank you. I ll look into this for other airlines as well. Thanks for helping.

Aug 5, 2021
Hey thanks for your response. I think the thing i wanted to ask is not conveyed clearly so this misunderstanding happened. Yes i m aware that 4- 5 weeks prior to your start date is considered as an appropriate time to reach Canada as per IRCC. What I wanted to ask is when to book tickets for December because the closer we get to our boarding date the higher are the prices. So I wanted to book tickets for December in September only. But considering the dynamics of the current immigration policies...i think i have to wait till late October or November to book my tickets for December.
you just answered your own question. Because of COVID, everything is now a guess work. Like back in 2019, now you can't say I am going to book tickets for this-this date and will fly there to start my classes because we have no clue what will happen tomorrow thanks to this damn pandemic. So yes! wait till October End or November Mid and also email your University regarding when you can book your tickets (they might give you some direction). Just think and wait and take your decision with patience because you got tons of time.

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Why nobody considering Zurich route? RTPCR facility is available in Transit. And routes are also shorter from it.
This is a very nice route.

1. Zurich airport has RT PCR for transit passengers
2. Even if you are on two PNRs, the airlines MAY be able to connect your luggage.

Zurich and Geneva allow international transit.
But only Zurich advertises about availability of testing in transit.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
This is a very nice route.

1. Zurich airport has RT PCR for transit passengers
2. Even if you are on two PNRs, the airlines MAY be able to connect your luggage.

Zurich and Geneva allow international transit.
But only Zurich advertises about availability of testing in transit.
Exactly. I couldn't find official sources to prove that they allow transit test but had confirmed with people who took that route and reach there successfully. I don't get why they mention this in any sites except this https://www.swiss.com/cn/en/local-page/testing-zrh , but it have confusing info.

Last edited:

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Reactions: Shadow_Man

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
what did Doha do?
DOHA had allowed travel from India with visa on arrival.
So one could travel to Doha, have a 24-hour stopover, collect the paper report of (on-arrival) RT-PCR test and continue to Canada.
But then they said, people coming from India have to quarantine for 10 days!

Reactions: ayesha_llk2

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
DOHA had allowed travel from India with visa on arrival.
So one could travel to Doha, have a 24-hour stopover, collect the paper report of (on-arrival) RT-PCR test and continue to Canada.
But then they said, people coming from India have to quarantine for 10 days!
you are posting as if this is something new that just happened but Doha always had visa on arrival for indians for a long time and if you are transiting then no quarantine but if your transit exceeds 24 hrs or you have to exit airport for RTPCR then quarantine.

Please elaborate "So one could travel to Doha, have a 24-hour stopover, collect the paper report " Which lab at Doha does RTPCR in transit?

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
I said, one COULD.

[ COULD is the past tense form of CAN (verb). ]

One CAN NOT do it anymore.

Doha HAD allowed travel from India with visa on arrival from 12JUL2021 to 02AUG2021(not included.)

By 24-hour stopover I meant, one COULD exit Doha passport control with a Visa-On-Arrival for 24 hours.
During this 24-hours, one COULD collect RT-PCR report and plan onward travel.

ONE CAN NOT do this anymore, without 10-days quarantine.

Hope I made my statement clearer to you.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
I said, one COULD.

[ COULD is the past tense form of CAN (verb). ]

One CAN NOT do it anymore.

Doha HAD allowed travel from India with visa on arrival from 12JUL2021 to 02AUG2021(not included.)

By 24-hour stopover I meant, one COULD exit Doha passport control with a Visa-On-Arrival for 24 hours.
During this 24-hours, one COULD collect RT-PCR report and plan onward travel.

ONE CAN NOT do this anymore, without 10-days quarantine.

Hope I made my statement clearer to you.
Yeah thanks but that was before they anticipated that Indian herd will start coming in masses and thats why they imposed quarantine, actually it was just a small window and most of us were waiting for PPRs before quarantine rule was implemented .. same for Serbia.

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Yeah thanks but that was before they anticipated that Indian herd will start coming in masses and thats why they imposed quarantine, actually it was just a small window and most of us were waiting for PPRs before quarantine rule was implemented .. same for Serbia.
We were discussing Zurich.
Pray read the posts above.