+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi

1.) Shipped 2nd Jan and was delivered 3rd Jan

2.) status at BLS tracking says "Under Process" not sure if that means that all the documents that i sent are correct and it has been sent to the embassy for further processing

3.) I went to BLS tracking toronto since mine was sent to Brampton and i select Passport.
Is there no walk-ins or appointments for Indian passport surrenders?? Is it only through mail??

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Is there no walk-ins or appointments for Indian passport surrenders?? Is it only through mail??
You can check for walk in appointments regarding passport applications (have to select passport even for surrender certification)

I personally went in after booking an appointment on December 29th at the Toronto location last year. I was 10 min earlier than my appointment time and i still had to wait for 4 hours for my turn and in the end i was sent back to correct a “mistake” in their eyes.

So then i decided to mail in the application on Jan 2nd which was delivered to them on Jan 3rd

Reactions: swan0206

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
You can check for walk in appointments regarding passport applications (have to select passport even for surrender certification)

I personally went in after booking an appointment on December 29th at the Toronto location last year. I was 10 min earlier than my appointment time and i still had to wait for 4 hours for my turn and in the end i was sent back to correct a “mistake” in their eyes.

So then i decided to mail in the application on Jan 2nd which was delivered to them on Jan 3rd
Wow 4 hours even with an appointment.. how is it possible.. I was called within 30mins when I went in at Brampton location some months ago .

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Wow 4 hours even with an appointment.. how is it possible.. I was called within 30mins when I went in at Brampton location some months ago .
Yea even i was shocked. I went in talked to security and showed him my appt print out. He checked my name on the “list” and it was there. Then he gave me a slip with an alphabet and a number and then i grabbed a seat and kept waiting.
i had people sitting beside me with the similar situation. Maybe its a Toronto location thing? Or maybe its general busy now? Idk but it happened to me

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Yesterday it was showing under process. Today it was showing in Transit.
Got this update just now..

Under Process
In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General

So Can we assume, they validated application and all look good to them and that's why they are sending to consulate?