+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Not sure how you were able to book an appointment with BLS; I have been trying since last couple weeks and no success
not sure which location you're trying for but i was able to get appointments for both passport and OCI. even now there are some passport appointments for may at the TO location. need to check couple times during the day. BLS opens up slots around mid month and end of month but they fill out very fast.

Parthpatel2207

Jul 9, 2012
Ontario
Hello, we (me and my wife) recently got our citizenship on 14th March and plan to travel to US around Early May after getting our Canadian passports. but I wont be able to surrender the indian passports for both of us before that. If I use CANADIAN Passports to travel to US and coming back, do I need to worry about any penalties when surrendering our passports? When Indian government says travelling on Indian passport, do they mean using that passport to enter US or Canada? Just trying to make sure to avoid any troubles.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello, we (me and my wife) recently got our citizenship on 14th March and plan to travel to US around Early May after getting our Canadian passports. but I wont be able to surrender the indian passports for both of us before that. If I use CANADIAN Passports to travel to US and coming back, do I need to worry about any penalties when surrendering our passports? When Indian government says travelling on Indian passport, do they mean using that passport to enter US or Canada? Just trying to make sure to avoid any troubles.
Why would Indian passport come in between you travelling to US on a Canadian passport ?

Read this about surrendering Indian passport https://eoi.gov.in/eoisearch/MyPrint.php?0834?001/0005

Parthpatel2207

Jul 9, 2012
Ontario
Why would Indian passport come in between you travelling to US on a Canadian passport ?

Read this about surrendering Indian passport https://eoi.gov.in/eoisearch/MyPrint.php?0834?001/0005
Thank you for the response.
I was just trying to confirm since I dont want any trouble from guys at BLS or consulate.
I had read the link you provided before but saw this one and thats why I wanted to confirm.

2.Passport not surrendered up to three years and travelled once after obtaining foreign passport.No penalty for retention of passport but penalty of Rs. 10,000/- for travel on Indian passport12(1A)

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you for the response.
I was just trying to confirm since I dont want any trouble from guys at BLS or consulate.
I had read the link you provided before but saw this one and thats why I wanted to confirm.

2.Passport not surrendered up to three years and travelled once after obtaining foreign passport.No penalty for retention of passport but penalty of Rs. 10,000/- for travel on Indian passport12(1A)
Why did you jump from point 1 to 2
You are not going to use Indian passport for your US travel.
Overthinking eh

Parthpatel2207

Jul 9, 2012
Ontario
Another question, for BLS Brampton - I dont see much appointments under passport for next couple months. Is it ok if I select Visa appointment to surrender passports?

nav0707

Jun 3, 2019
Hi Folks. I just received my canadian passport. I am traveling to India next month. I applied for Indian evisa and got it within 12 hrs. My question is whether can I surrender my indian passport in India?

Reactions: akhileshtekchand