+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I don't see "Passport" appointments at Brampton BLS. Can I use "Visa" appointments for Surrender Certificates? Any success story using Visa appointments for Surrender Certificate processing?

antman88

Feb 16, 2022
Hi all, trying to get an understanding of the steps involved for passport surrender. My postal surrender application status on the Passport Seva website says that the Surrender Certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate - does that mean the only next steps are sending to BLS, printing and then courier back to me? Any ideas around what the timeline will look like now, and how long it takes?

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
You can do walkins for surrender certificate in Brampton, they are pretty quick.
I went there today for walkin. The security guard on the ground floor informed me that walkin was possible only till 1PM and the time was 1:05PM. So in case anyone is going, you should be there before 1PM. Further he said lines for walkin were very long. Is this a tactic to get you to sign up for the courier service since I saw another post where walkin wait was not huge?.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Dec2014NY

Dec 2, 2014
I went there today for walkin. The security guard on the ground floor informed me that walkin was possible only till 1PM and the time was 1:05PM. So in case anyone is going, you should be there before 1PM. Further he said lines for walkin were very long. Is this a tactic to get you to sign up for the courier service since I saw another post where walkin wait was not huge?.
Interesting! Walk-in lines for Passport surrender were relatively short...there is a different office for passport and visa - I was in & out within 45 minutes (been there on a Saturday - March 18) - would suggest you to go again tomorrow and try...

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Submission whether walk in or appointment are usually up until 1:00pm, from 3:00 - 4:30 pm onwards its collection

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Interesting! Walk-in lines for Passport surrender were relatively short...there is a different office for passport and visa - I was in & out within 45 minutes (been there on a Saturday - March 18) - would suggest you to go again tomorrow and try...
Yes, thanks, Will be doing so first thing in the morning. Luckily I stay close.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi all! I chose pick up and drop off service and opted in for Photography service but I am unclear on how is this service to be availed? Will the person who comes to pick up the package click the photo or have I just paid for a service for which I need to go to the center any ways (thereby making the whole point of Pick up and drop off service moot) anyone know more about this?